Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Just 100%’d Link’s Awakening, making it only the second Zelda game I fully finished. I feel hollow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1395794243868938245?s=21

I understand that having far away places look like an impressionist painting was a technical choice to overcome the Wii’s low power and inability to have good draw distance, but removing it kinda sucks because it was a big part of the game’s aesthetic… at the same time that framerate is :discourse:
For a second I thought they were jumping from Skyloft into the sky with no load and I was :aaaaa:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Have they shown off yet how things like the puzzle where you have to make the eyes dizzy by moving your sword in a circle without swinging it are going to work?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The motion controls are still there. They're just spoofed on the right stick in handheld.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Alec Eiffel posted:

Just 100%’d Link’s Awakening, making it only the second Zelda game I fully finished. I feel hollow

Oh hey the appropriate response to the monstrosity of what you've done

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I would never, ever, ever pursue 900 shits though

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Link's Awakening and Majora's Mask are the only two I've 100%ed and coincidentally the only two worth 100%ing :colbert:

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
My other was A Link Between Worlds. In both cases, they had a plotted map or system for locating items.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I will never 100% Link Between Worlds because a) gently caress Octorok Baseball b) gently caress the Cucco dodging game and c) it has Streetpass stuff so even if I wanted to 100% it that would prevent me from doing it anyway.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Same, I did LA because that was way back in Gameboy years where I had nothing better to do and it's on the easy end. Majora is the real worthwhile one because collecting masks and dungeon fairies is actually useful and gets you most of the way there anyway.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Twelve by Pies posted:

I will never 100% Link Between Worlds because a) gently caress Octorok Baseball b) gently caress the Cucco dodging game and c) it has Streetpass stuff so even if I wanted to 100% it that would prevent me from doing it anyway.

Oh I didn’t do Streetpass stuff. Welp.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I've only 100%ed Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, which incidentally were the first Zeldas I played. Since then I find I don't really have the time or inclination to get 100% in games.

I got close to 100% in Link Between Worlds! I was only missing one Miamai.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Trying to 100% OoS/OoA seems like it would be an exercise in madness, would you be able to savescum seeds/rings or are they set as soon as you plant/obtain them?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Twelve by Pies posted:

That's a bloody shame. I loathe MP elements athat are shoehorned into games like that. I never even played the Final Fantasy Tactics remake or Dragon Quest IX for that reason.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I don't think I ever got anything useful out of streetpass bonuses even back when the 3DS was fresh. I'd occasionally bring it out with me for the day but just never saw anything, just too few local users I guess.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

JustJeff88 posted:

That's a bloody shame. I loathe MP elements athat are shoehorned into games like that. I never even played the Final Fantasy Tactics remake or Dragon Quest IX for that reason.

The FFT remakes on mobile at least put the MP exclusive equipment in the fur shops (I think) so they're not completely unobtainable, but yeah Dragon Quest IX and even the Dragon Quest VII remake suffer from having content locked behind servers that don't exist anymore. I guess there's sometimes fanmade servers but it's still extremely lovely and preys on FOMO and punishes people who buy used/late.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I don't think I ever got anything useful out of streetpass bonuses even back when the 3DS was fresh. I'd occasionally bring it out with me for the day but just never saw anything, just too few local users I guess.

Streetpass is a cool thing in Japan where the population centers are really dense and tons of people use public transportation but yeah it doesn't work so great in most areas of the US. If you're lucky you might have been near a McDonald's that would store Streetpass data for people who came in that day but that was about it if you weren't in a big city.

At least the only reward for doing Streetpass stuff in LBW is getting to fight the old man which is pretty whatever, but there's 50 challenges for Streetpass battles and you can't say you've 100%'d a game if there's in game challenges you leave uncompleted, so.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Twelve by Pies posted:

At least the only reward for doing Streetpass stuff in LBW is getting to fight the old man which is pretty whatever, but there's 50 challenges for Streetpass battles and you can't say you've 100%'d a game if there's in game challenges you leave uncompleted, so.

I can and will.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

e nm

Muscle Tracer fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 31, 2021

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Finally managed to get Dolphin synced with four separate VBA emulators in order to play Four Swords Adventures four player.

One to check off the bucket list, but by god was it a massive pain in the arse to get working properly.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I just cheesed eventide island with Urbosa’s fury and give zero fucks.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Cartoon Man posted:

I just cheesed eventide island with Urbosa’s fury and give zero fucks.

a hinox got hung up on a rock trying to chase me up the mountain and i literally bombed it to death. no mercy.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I just stole the ball when he was sleeping and glided off the cliff when he woke up. I hadn't even done a divine beast yet.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

The good thing is that the are so many options you can use on that island

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

much like the entire rest of the game?

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Necrothatcher posted:

One to check off the bucket list, but by god was it a massive pain in the arse to get working properly.

100% accurate emulation of the original experience here.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Madman Peco is back at it- traveling to every tower using only windbombs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQDW3dmBhOU

road potato
Dec 19, 2005
I'm planning a 'speedrun' of BOTW, mostly to see if I can beat the whole thing on a plane ride. I don't really want to do whistle running or launching myself on trees with bombs, just a very direct, efficient run of the main storyline, starting from the end of the tutorial. I'm thinking Revali's Gale for 1st for speeding up all the exploring/getting to hard to reach shrines and towers, and then go for Urbosa's Fury as a way to speed up a lot of combat encounters. I'm also trying to weigh which of the map towers are worth climbing and which are worth skipping. I've done a few plays through, I've just never ever approached the game with a "try to get to Ganon quickly" mentality. Should be fun!

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

road potato posted:

I'm planning a 'speedrun' of BOTW, mostly to see if I can beat the whole thing on a plane ride. I don't really want to do whistle running or launching myself on trees with bombs, just a very direct, efficient run of the main storyline, starting from the end of the tutorial. I'm thinking Revali's Gale for 1st for speeding up all the exploring/getting to hard to reach shrines and towers, and then go for Urbosa's Fury as a way to speed up a lot of combat encounters. I'm also trying to weigh which of the map towers are worth climbing and which are worth skipping. I've done a few plays through, I've just never ever approached the game with a "try to get to Ganon quickly" mentality. Should be fun!
How long is the flight?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Inferior Third Season posted:

How long is the flight?

Twist: they're a hijacker and the flight's not done til Ganon is too

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Heads up:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1403446384410468354?s=20

Let the speculation begin.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Isn't skyward sword coming out soon? Thought it could be for that.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Breath of Evil confirmed

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

that isn't the skyward sword art used as the centerpiece though, so it seems likely that it's for some sort of general anniversary celebration, which e3 would be a fine time to announce the specifics of

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
I’d imagine there’s a new music anthology, I don’t know if the 30th had any BOTW music.

road potato
Dec 19, 2005

Inferior Third Season posted:

How long is the flight?

Dubai to Chicago, about 13 hours. I won't want to play the entire time- probably going to watch a movie.

I just did a tiny bit of research and saw that main story takes a lot of people ~50 hours, which is quite a lot. Maybe I only end up clearing two divine beasts and a bit more other stuff on the flight and can chip away at this run through the rest of the summer.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

road potato posted:

Dubai to Chicago, about 13 hours. I won't want to play the entire time- probably going to watch a movie.

I just did a tiny bit of research and saw that main story takes a lot of people ~50 hours, which is quite a lot. Maybe I only end up clearing two divine beasts and a bit more other stuff on the flight and can chip away at this run through the rest of the summer.

Or go for Ganon without all the divine beasts etc as backup?

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

road potato posted:

I'm also trying to weigh which of the map towers are worth climbing and which are worth skipping.

The one near Korok Forest is worth climbing, not for the tower itself but for a good greatsword that's at the top of it. I think you're safe ignoring all the others.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Spanish Manlove posted:

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1403446760631013379?s=21

It’s absolutely a 35th anniversary poster. It has art from literally every game*

*CD-i games don’t count

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

*CD-i games don’t count

I would love Nintendo so much if their 35th anniversary package was the CD-i games for Switch :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Captain Hygiene posted:

I would love Nintendo so much if their 35th anniversary package was the CD-i games for Switch :v:

That would be the greatest troll in the history of gaming and possibly everything else.