Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I had almost perfect scores on the parts that were about words. It's those analytical scheduling (advanced secretarial skills) and permutation problems that were tough. I figure there are some strategies that you tryhards learned from your mentors over the years you were planning to be a lawyer.

Maybe I'm just not anal enough to be a law dog...

Cyberpunkey Monkey fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
the trolling is too obvious now, you were doing better before

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
You mean how it's obvious that I'm trolling after I directly told you that I was trolling? Keen observational skills, there.

Zarkov Cortez
Aug 18, 2007

Alas, our kitten class attack ships were no match for their mighty chairs

Bushido Brown posted:

I like the new trolls.

I hope some folks read their edgy advice and go to Cornell with a $15,000 scholarship. Nobody would regret that at all!

Can't cost much more than that right?

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doesn't everyone already know that the WASPy American upper-bourgeoisie world is constructed specifically to have massive barriers to entry to keep the poors out?

Is that still actually surprising or shocking to people?

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

the trolling is too obvious now, you were doing better before

Agreed.

I'd enjoy it if you continued to run the flame for the next few years though. The thread needs more 0L/law student interludes.

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

osirisisdead posted:

You mean how it's obvious that I'm trolling after I directly told you that I was trolling? Keen observational skills, there.

Thing is we can't tell whether you're a non-lawyer trolling the sad lawyers, (which is good) or actually a very dumb 0L who has resorted to enjoyable trolling now that you got answers you disliked. (which is bad)

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

Bushido Brown posted:

Agreed.

I'd enjoy it if you continued to run the flame for the next few years though. The thread needs more 0L/law student interludes.

Orientation is August 19th!

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is it okay if I also don't know which of those things I might be?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

osirisisdead posted:

poo poo, did you already admit you're just trolling? I haven't exactly been hanging on your posts, that's my fault :(

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

osirisisdead posted:

Doesn't everyone already know that the WASPy American upper-bourgeoisie world is constructed specifically to have massive barriers to entry to keep the poors out?

However, your problem is with the barriers constructed to keep out the dumbs.
...And the word bits were the best part of your LSAT!?!?

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Soothing Vapors posted:

poo poo, did you already admit you're just trolling? I haven't exactly been hanging on your posts, that's my fault :(

Keen observational skills, there.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Roger_Mudd posted:

I started solo, firm now has 3 attorneys. My legal assistant is going to law school in September and I'm debating replacing her with an attorney.

Think about that. For 5k more a year than I pay my legal assistant, I can hire an attorney who will be my assistant.

Go to law school, get paid nothing but make me money!

we got so many law school grads applying to be paralegals that we have a rule against it now, because invariably after a few years here they start pushing to be staff attorneys or associates

I'm not sure if we have a rule against assistants with JDs, but probably not. do go, lots of jobs, etc

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

osirisisdead posted:

Keen observational skills, there.

*nods solemnly*

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

joat mon posted:

Only when it concerns the BigLaw club, but considering that UTAustin was letting (rich) kids in with a 126 last year, that doesn't even matter.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

joat mon posted:

Just let him elucidate you, man.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whatever, Latin sucks anyway.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

*nods elucidatedly*

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord

osirisisdead posted:

Sick burn, bro. You should go get a hi-five for it.

He's convinced me!

Glad you got past the hazing bro. Welcome to the club. You as happy as I am to have a mortgage in student loans to pay each month?

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

osirisisdead posted:

Only when it concerns the BigLaw club, but considering that UTAustin was letting (rich) kids in with a 126 last year, that doesn't even matter.

Again, trying too hard.

But funny joke? I think there's a joke there.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
there are 350 posts in this thread in the past week when all that was required was quoting their posts once and then coming back to them for glorious schadenfreude in three years

that's the difference between the escapees and the inmates still in the asylum: y'all write too drat much

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

osirisisdead posted:

Yeah...but those dumb rich kids have something going for them that you don't: nepotism. Enjoy watching someone else eat bean burritos from your cardboard lean to.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Burritos are loving awesome, do whatever maximizes your life's burrito quotient. Which means definitely go to law school :getin:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Adar posted:

there are 350 posts in this thread in the past week when all that was required was quoting their posts once and then coming back to them for glorious schadenfreude in three years

that's the difference between the escapees and the inmates still in the asylum: y'all write too drat much

the inmates have nothing better to do with their sad, empty lives

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Also the rich kid got into utaustin and will likely have a better life than whatever the felon with a 157 will do.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Isn't trolling supposed to be amusing?

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Gets a :thurman:.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

nm posted:

Isn't trolling supposed to be amusing?

To be fair, it's difficult to put together a coherent troll when you're busy painting miniatures and/or leading the police on high-speed chases.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Vox Nihili posted:

To be fair, it's difficult to put together a coherent troll when you're busy painting miniatures and/or leading the police on high-speed chases.

There was a guy in LA yesterday trolling while in a police chase. He was in a prius too. Amatures we got here.

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009

Soothing Vapors posted:

When you put it that way, it definitely sounds like he just really, really wants to go down on you.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Discendo Vox posted:

I went to law school, finished, and am now in a fully funded PhD program, prepping for my first top-tier policy conference presentation in DC in a couple weeks. All according to plan, and fully representative of the promise of a law degree.

You don't practise as a lawyer, which means you still count as a failure for "Don't go to law school." purposes. :smuggo:

(Everybody go to law school.)

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Its only an act if you behave differently after the audience goes home.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I'm spending my Saturday off bombing through Daredevil. I was on board until Matt Murdock tells his law partner "I don't think people use fax machines anymore."

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Tokelau All Star posted:

I'm spending my Saturday off bombing through Daredevil. I was on board until Matt Murdock tells his law partner "I don't think people use fax machines anymore."
hahaha

honestly, the law stuff so far in Daredevil is like Drop Dead Diva bad but the show owns so hard

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

Proctors are guardians of the sanctity and integrity of legal education, therefore they are responsible for the nourishment of the soul.

Soothing Vapors posted:

hahaha

honestly, the law stuff so far in Daredevil is like Drop Dead Diva bad but the show owns so hard

Counterpoint: it's light years better than the law stuff in the Daredevil movie.

Also greatly enjoying the show. And I think I'm starting to hate shows I can't consume via a binge-watching process.

AndNowMax
Sep 25, 2009

Fighting the fight for *mumble* *mumble*

Soothing Vapors posted:

*nods elucidatedly*

lol

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tokelau All Star posted:

I have no idea how to use my fax machine

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

It always takes me 2-3 tries to get a fax through. Do I have to press 9? Why does it need an area code if it's just going three blocks away? What the gently caress?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I have no idea how to use my fax machine

specifically my work fax machine, which is a soft fax whose client application doesn't work and I can't get IT to figure it out and I stopped giving a poo poo once I realized I haven't checked my faxes in a few years and nobody's noticed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Tokelau All Star posted:

It always takes me 2-3 tries to get a fax through. Do I have to press 9? Why does it need an area code if it's just going three blocks away? What the gently caress?

Working in japan, we fax all our patent prosecution instructions, new apps etc. When set up well it's actually fairly convenient. All the fax numbers are organized, saved and are a few buttons away.