Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

brokenknee posted:

rip the server hiccup just as I was entering an instance.

So this isn't just my server then? It hit everyone? Because me and a friend are now stuck in a 1000 person queue and the second we get in we just instantly get booted out again. I'm so close to hitting 50 :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Honest healing confuses the hell out of me. When I leveled SCH to 50 I couldn't imagine only healing because I'd have been doing nothing for 80% of the dungeon.

LethalGeek posted:

Uh what? I love my Wii U but it's pretty done and certainly hasn't sold as many systems.

That said splatoon probably outsold the Xbox in Japan because they give no fucks about xboxes

The Wii U is around 13million units sold, the Xbone has only been said to have sold 10 million units and Microsoft isn't really big on giving out numbers now IIRC.

BrightWing posted:

Ugh, I hate how pubs treat healers. Rez entire party during Califisteri. Don't die yourself. Rez party again with LB3. Party wipe to penetration. Again. This is apparently my fault for not healing people. Get vote kicked. Like wtf, I can't heal your stupid rear end if everyone insists on getting hit by everything. Now I gotta do WC again this week cause gently caress.

/rant

Yet another reason to only play with goons if possible. Especially for Weeping City where it's still easy to get people who are terrible as hell and will make drat sure to find scapegoats for (their) fuckups.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Luckily you can only vote kick people in your own party so abuse other alliances all you like!

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Evil Fluffy posted:

Honest healing confuses the hell out of me. When I leveled SCH to 50 I couldn't imagine only healing because I'd have been doing nothing for 80% of the dungeon.

speaking as a former honest healer (whm) I was under the (terrible and wrong) impression that "if I wanted to DPS I'd queue as DPS." After I got laughed at for being such a trash healer by my FC members I decided to try and :gitgud: which was all well and good until Alexander Floor 4 hit.

And then I hung up my loving christmas stick and grabbed a great sword.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yeah, poo poo just plain doesn't make sense on SCH.

I can't decide if I like SCH, while it is easier to DPS as vs. WHM, at least up to 53 you don't have nearly as many "OH poo poo" heal buttons for the tank or entire party like WHM does.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
My one problem with AST is still that Gravity only being at 52 makes it more annoying to do level 50 roulette.

Well that and that Noct is still less viable. There's like the beginners of a healing strategy based around its higher potency heals but until it gets a DPS buff and/or shield buff, it's just going to be second fiddle to Diurnal.

Cowboybot
Sep 27, 2007
On a steel horse I ride
Well, I got the dreaded 90002 error. Apparently there is no known fix for this ever with my limited googling I've done.

Can anyone help? I can login with any other character but my main one.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I think Primal is blowing up, I can get on Aether servers just fine while Primal ones disconnect me.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Cowboybot posted:

Well, I got the dreaded 90002 error. Apparently there is no known fix for this ever with my limited googling I've done.

Can anyone help? I can login with any other character but my main one.

90002 is just a general disconnection/connection timeout error. And, going by Leal's post..it's server-side.

Cowboybot
Sep 27, 2007
On a steel horse I ride
Alright, what would cause one character to not be able to log in properly? I can login on everyone else.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
The primal datacenter being down, which looks like it is as I can't get onto exodus at the moment either

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

quote:

I hate to make yet another post about the atrocious behavior in this game, because I've made many, but here we go again. I'm training my Astrologian class, and for some reason high leveled tanks keep coming into the lower level dungeons, only for lore. Nothing wrong with that, but they move too fast! I usually have to waste my lightspeed just to give them protect, and stoneskin, and I'm tired of it.

I feel even worse for saying this, but here's how I have decided to handle it.

First step: I will use a macro, so that everyone knows I'm using shield magic. I will also ask for enough time to cast said magic.

Second step: If they do it again, I'll ask them very nicely to stop pulling too fast.

Third step: I'm just going to let them die. If they complain, I'll just tell them that they are refusing to cooperate with their assigned healer. I let them know with a macro, asked them nicely to stop, and yet they still refused.

I want people to know that people are learning their classes in the lower dungeons. They need time for pulls, and to take it at whatever pace the levelers are going for. It is also a period of learning, and that needs to be respected.. I have to ask you so kindly to please stop hurting us all, just because you're desperate for lore, and you want to shave off extra minutes. I get it, dungeoning is tiring, but this is a GAME. You should be enjoying it, but If you really have to make it hard for everyone else, just because you're tired of a dungeon, you should honestly evaluate your mental fatigue, and take a break. The irony is that rushing early dungeons just makes people more likely to wipe, which in turn wastes even more of the time that people seem to value. :l

Anyway, please consider this for the healers, please! Its becoming tedious, nearly every dungeon has been like this for the past few days. </3

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/296957-Lore-Incentive-Is-Ruining-Duty-Roulette

Speedrunning tanks are the worst!!! :argh:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
It's like these people have never heard of "don't wait until the last mob ticks off that last one pixel of HP on their bar before you start casting Stoneskin". Seriously, I do the pre-shielding poo poo all the time.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

HEH I'll just let the tank die! That'll show them!

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
is there an armor set that looks similar to agrias oak's armor

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

General Morden posted:

Mythril cuirass, cotton bracers, felt gaskins, hunter's moccasins. A wolfram cuirass also works pretty well for the chest piece.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

General Morden posted:

Anything that allows you to drop large crystals and scream "LIFE IS SHORT, STEADY SWORD"

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Its 1am, why does Excalibur have a queue? :psyduck:

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Lemon King posted:

Its 1am, why does Excalibur have a queue? :psyduck:

An entire datacenter is having issues with their housing zones, causing lots of players being unable to log in.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

After doing Nidhogg normal yesterday I really really really want to gear up enough to learn and fight him, after missing out on thordan and sephirot. They keep topping themselves on these fights, it's fantastic.

Still not sure whether I'd have more fun along the way gearing up BRD or NIN though :saddowns:

[really I just want a greatsword--or just sword--DPS class :C]

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Since Primal is dead I checked out around different servers

Those retainers :3:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Well, despite their claim that they "are pleased to announce that the issue has been addressed," Excalibur's still hosed.

What's interesting is that depending on which character I try to log in, I get different queue positions. And it's always the same for each character.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Wife and I have been sitting in queue for 10 minutes. Queue number never changes. We just sit here with no results.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

[really I just want a greatsword--or just sword--DPS class :C]

Dark Knight exists and is very good.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Servers seem de-hosed. Was able to get in.

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Not on my end, I'm still getting 90002 errors.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Krakatoah posted:

Not on my end, I'm still getting 90002 errors.

Same thing here. Frustrating, I'm going to lose a day of progress on the moogle beastmen quests.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Works fine on one character but not the other. They're both in the same zone too.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

There's a FF 14 event in FFRK. It adequately replicates the experience of dragging a bunch of random queue'd idiots through Toto-Rak and Haukke YET AGAIN.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

What's the point of making a cute retainer if I can't loving show it off and have it run around slaying dudes with me!? UGH

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

What's the point of making a cute retainer if I can't loving show it off and have it run around slaying dudes with me!? UGH

That is what your chocobro is for

Snarxle
Apr 23, 2013
It's 8 am and I still can't log in for my daily after-work destress time.

RIP servers.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
so i just started playing again after 3 years

im getting guild invites out of the blue, how is this happening? It's been a long time and I don't see anyone in the vicinity shooting this invite at me

im flying solo for a while until I hit monk, idk. :effort: rn to sign up for the guild on the fp

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Lastgirl posted:

im getting guild invites out of the blue, how is this happening? It's been a long time and I don't see anyone in the vicinity shooting this invite at me

im flying solo for a while until I hit monk, idk. :effort: rn to sign up for the guild on the fp

I starting over with this game too and I got some of those invites but is usually someone near the tp stones. I also get whispers from gold sellers all the time and I wonder how the hell do they find me. I joined please be careful so I guess I wont see invites anymore.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Pigbottom posted:

I also get whispers from gold sellers all the time and I wonder how the hell do they find me.

I had a gold seller whisper me last night during a chocobo race. They're tricky.

Burn My Dread
Feb 23, 2007

Tear up your fear, the end is coming near, spit it out like a spear, I'll burn your dread

Lastgirl posted:

In the "Social" menu there's an option for Player Searching, which allows you to search for a player basically anywhere in the world if they're online and not in an instance.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Goons are a pretty good bunch in
14 yeah? Been thinking about bailing on Sarg for somewhere else. Kinda annoying when I can't drum up interest in Nidd EX on a Saturday night.

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
So with FFGoons being non-working, should I just apply ingame somewhere (i'm on Excalibur), or is there another preferred way to wrangle an invite to one of the guilds?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Drizvolta posted:

Dark Knight exists and is very good.

Yes but I stress out irrationally hard when tanking :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

When I logged in today there was nobody standing around the Moogle Beast Tribe area, it was crazy. They're starting to trickle in and go AFK again though.

• Locked thread