Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esky
Apr 15, 2003
Directed by: Steven Stockage
Starring: Cliff Robertson, Robert Guillaume, Lesley-Anne Down, Christopher Atkins

Synopsis from rottentomatoes:

The New Jersey Pine Barren fall victim to a string of gory and bloody murders. Because of their strange nature, an investigator decides to research the history of the a winged beast that is known to the area's locals through tales and myths as the Jersey Devil.

my two cents..

When I first heard about the movie, the thought of an independent jersey devil horror flim with a theatrical release made me really excited... But this movie fails miserably in every possible way.. the acting is horrid, the storyline is formulaic, and you can guess everything that will happen - only it always happens far worse than you could imagine. The jersey devil looks like a failed b-movie costume, and unfortunately they show it way too much to kill any fear you might have developed of the thing..

I do, however, recommend it to anyone who enjoys making fun of a movie with their friends... that's what our entire theater did (the ones who didn't walk out). It has incredible potential as a parody, if only it didn't take itself so seriousely. About half way through this waste of time you get to see a sorry excuse for an attempt at a sex scene. Comedy ensues, I may buy the DVD just for that.

Trailers
A much better review

Rated 1

I'm curious though, has anyone else seen it?

esky fucked around with this message at 19:00 on May 2, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Phantom Goat
Oct 6, 2003

Where my moviez at?
Never seen it, but the trailor did kinda look creepy.

If I see it around a rental store, I'll give it a try. Or if it's as bad as you say, I'm sure someplace will end up with mssive copies of the DVD for very cheap.

esky
Apr 15, 2003

quote:

CovetousCreatur came out of the closet to say:
Never seen it, but the trailor did kinda look creepy.

If I see it around a rental store, I'll give it a try. Or if it's as bad as you say, I'm sure someplace will end up with mssive copies of the DVD for very cheap.

I would be surprised if they produced massive copies =)

I think it got pulled out of the theaters early, and only had a limited northeast release in the first place