Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Him going to NXT will end up either with him getting buried/released cause he refuses to tone down his style or if he does tone it down he'll end up like KENTA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Kenta ended up the way he did because of injury.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I don't want Nakajima to end up teaming with Chase Owens :(

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Stall_19 posted:

Kenta ended up the way he did because of injury.

The injuries sure as hell didn't help but KENTA slowing down to NXT speed and toning down his style made him just a guy and not really that special

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1774439538623991931?t=KOzVbW29xDglyhzEcTMk5g&s=19

Lmao

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
well now I absolutely want Kenoh to win

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Don't threaten us with a good time, KENOH!

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/Peps_Wrestling/status/1774538402001473953?t=l9PcqPCf8ybCqpEL8LIzJQ&s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://x.com/b3rt4/status/1774533278956965987?s=20

They finally explained the weird ZERO1 situation. Clear-ish?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

As a follow-up to that

https://x.com/STRIGGA/status/1774548983697866807?s=20

Yuma Aoyagi just going wild lol

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
One thing I'll say about this has been ajpw playing all this out as a weird worked shoot from the get go. Including using tospo to promote the story.

That said if he shows up at sakura genesis/nxt/aew id not be completely shocked either.

It's just idk ajpw has tried to be too clever by half through a lot of this

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

forkboy84 posted:

https://x.com/b3rt4/status/1774533278956965987?s=20

They finally explained the weird ZERO1 situation. Clear-ish?
I'm emphatically pointing at the thread title IRL.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I was hoping they were building to another match between him and Kento but oh well. Thought he had a lot of juice at the beginning doing the Toukon poo poo with the Inoki kicks and whatnot, holding the title hostage kinda, but it did start to peter out. So it goes! Excited for what the Champion Carnival will bring.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

It takes a lot to make me root against Kiyomiya

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kenoh is so loving incredible :lol:

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

forkboy84 posted:

As a follow-up to that

https://x.com/STRIGGA/status/1774548983697866807?s=20

Yuma Aoyagi just going wild lol

This was machine translated and the nuance was kinda lost lol

I think it's a work. Using Tokyo Sports was very on the nose here. Perhaps he'll sneak into the CC last minute or something.

I do wanna say the finish to the match was very sudden? I guess the lesson is to never play with your food and to never gently caress around with someone who uses the jumping knee in AJPW.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://x.com/b3rt4/status/1774738304279204109?s=20

Well, that's sad.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://x.com/noahglobal/status/1774752836263580122?s=20

Man, that is a cool tag team. Mante is honestly having an under-rated year. Even I hadn't really appreciated how much I digged him until I really looked at my spreadsheet last night

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

And more good news from Ryuji Hijikata/TOSHIZO

https://x.com/HijikataRyuji/status/1774435012668268817?s=20

As of March 30th Voodoo Murders is DONE WOOHOO

And All Japan continues

https://twitter.com/alljapan_pw/status/1774684699593683413

Ren Ayabe is officially signed with them now, which explains why he dropped the JTO Openweight title at the start of March

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I like Ren Ayabe, good for him.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
That's good for Ayabe and good for AJPW, even if he's a bit gormless. I like him too, hell of a dropkick.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

And more good news from Ryuji Hijikata/TOSHIZO

https://x.com/HijikataRyuji/status/1774435012668268817?s=20

As of March 30th Voodoo Murders is DONE WOOHOO

Done "for now."

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://x.com/anzai_AJPW/status/1775134550194274318?s=20

All Japan continuing to rule

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

I've only watched AJPW sporadically, but I'm definitely watching that.

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston

Oh my God yes.

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

- Eddie Kingston
This rules

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Finally made time to watch Dragongate's last Sambo Hall show. Really good. Ho Ho won a match and Jason Lee finally let Shun corrupt him!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

Finally made time to watch Dragongate's last Sambo Hall show. Really good. Ho Ho won a match and Jason Lee finally let Shun corrupt him!

Finally watched this and I am sad

Will say this though. Z-Brats needs him, they've been thin on numbers for a long time.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Finally watched this and I am sad

Will say this though. Z-Brats needs him, they've been thin on numbers for a long time.

It's been building all year but I wasn't expecting it to happen until at least the RdP finals at Korakuen. RIP to one of the best tag teams in the world, but both Natural Vibes and Z-Brats needed the shake up at this point. I expect NV to further spiral with the SMJ stuff that's been happening for the last month now too.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

A pretty quiet week again, but this time at least a handful of the shows we are getting are significant. Saturday is lead by Sakura Genesis, with 5 title matches & a Jon Moxley appearance. Unfortunately those title matches involve 2 different members of House of Torture & Chase Owens, but the all LIJ Heavyweight title clash with Naito & Tsuji has potential to be great. Sunday has a weird (in a good way) DDT show with Shinya Aoki vs Chihiro Hashimoto and Zack Sabre Jr turns up to tag with Chris Brookes, & in NOAH there's the delayed GHC Tag Title match. Wednesday has the finals of the Rey de Parejas tournament, which has been very good again this year, albeit nothing has quite hit the heights of Kanda & Mochizuki from last year. Still a weird thought 13 months on, Yasushi Kanda putting on the best matches of his career 24 years in? Thursday has All Japan doing another New Age ChronicleZ show featuring wrestler in the biz for less than a decade, headlined by a clash of Triple Crown & Junior Heavyweight champions, which across Tokyo in Korakuen NOAH give us the best match they can, Kaito vs Kenoh. Every time these two clash it gives off powerful "little brother, big brother" energy, and everytime it's a ****+ match. Should be a treat, definitely the one match I'm looking forward to more than most.

6/4/2023, Saturday

1pm JST/3pm AEDT/5am BST/12am EDT/9pm PDT

Gatoh Move ChocoPro #364
Ichigaya Chocolate Square, Tokyo
Card TBA
Uploaded to Youtube later

5pm JST/7pm AEDT/9am BST/4am EDT/1am PDT

New Japan Sakura Genesis
Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo
Ayato Yoshida, Chicharito Shoki & Takuro Niki vs Oleg Boltin, Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano
El Desperado & Ryusuke Taguchi vs TMDK (Kosei Fujita & Zack Sabre Jr)
Bullet Club (David Finlay & Gedo) vs LIJ (BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi)
Just 5 Guys (DOUKI, SANADA & Yuya Uemura) vs United Empire (Callum Newman, Great O-Khan & Jeff Cobb)
IWGP Junior Heayvweight Tag Team Titles: Bullet Club War Dogs (Clark Connors & Drilla Moloney)(c) vs Catch 22 (Francesco Akira & TJP) vs Intergalactic Jet Setters (Kevin Knight & KUSHIDA)
IWGP Tag Team Titles: Fucksake (Chase Owens & KENTA)(c) vs Bishamon (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI)
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title: SHO(c) vs YOH
House of Torture (Jack Perry & Ren Narita) vs Jox Moxley & Shota Umino
NEVER Openweight Title: EVIL(c) vs Shingo Takagi
IWGP World Heavyweight Title: Tetsuya Naito(c) vs Yota Tsuji
Live on NJPW World

Pro Wrestling NOAH Sunny Voyage Night 19
Shimizu Marine Building, Shimizu
Takashi Sugiura vs Yu Owada
Junta Miyawaki vs Shuhei Taniguchi
Daga & Yoshinari Ogawa vs Hajime Ohara & Shuji Kondo
GLG (Jake Lee & Tadasuke) vs Team NOAH (Atsushi Kotoge & Go Shiozaki)
Daiki Inaba & Masa Kitamiya vs El Hijo del Dr Wagner Jr & Ulka Sasaki
Alejandro, Naomichi Marufuji & Ninja Mack vs Kenoh & Los Golpeadores (Alpha Wolf & Dragon Bane)
GLG (Anthony Greene, Jack Morris & YO-HEY) vs HAYATA, Kaito Kiyomiya & Ryohei Oiwa
Uploaded later to Wrestle Universe

6pm JST/8pm AEDT/10am BST/5am EDT/2am PDT

Dragongate Rey de Parejas Night 12
Act City, Hamamatsu
Big Hug (Hyo & Luis Mante) vs BxB Hulk & Daiki Yanagiuchi
Masaaki Mochizuki vs Ryu Fuda
Don Fujii, Genki Horiguchi & Yasushi Kanda vs Mondai Ryu, Punch Tominaga & Takashi Yoshida
Natural Vibes (Jacky Funky Kamei & U-T) vs Z-Brats (ISHIN & Jason Lee)
D'courage (Dragon Dia, Madoka Kikuta & Ryoya Tanaka) vs Kagetora, Naruki Doi & Susumu Mochizuki
Rey de Parejas A Block: Natural Vibes (BIG BOSS Shimizu & Strong Machine J) vs Z-Brats (Gianni Valletta & KAI)
Tournament matches uploaded to Youtube

Also shows from Ice Ribbon, Actwres girlZ, Marvelous, & Osaka Pro

7/4/2023, Sunday

11:30am JST/1:30pm AEDT/3:30am BST/10:30pm EDT/7:30pm PDT

DDT April Fool 2024
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Akito, Sanshiro Takagi & Toru Owashi vs X
Ilusion & Munetatsu Nakamura vs Yuni & Yuya Koroku
Daisuke Sasaki, KANON & MJ Paul vs Danshoku Dieno, Kazuki Hirata & Kazumi Sumi vs HARASHIMA, Takeshi Masada & Yoshitatsu vs Hideki Okatani, Kazusada Higuchi & Yukio Naya
D GENERATIONS Cup 2024 Final: Rukiya vs To-y
Chihiro Hashimoto vs Shinya Aoki
KO-D Tag Team Titles: Burning (Tetsuya Endo & Yuki Iino)(c) vs Jun Akiyama & Tomomitsu Matsunaga
37KAMIINA (MAO & Yuki Ueno) vs Chris Brookes & Zack Sabre Jr
DDT Extreme Title Good Luck!! Survival Deadly Weapon Omikuji Great Battle That Causes Pain: Shunma Katsumata(c) vs Hi69
Live on Wrestle Universe

5pm JST/7pm AEDT/9am BST/4am EDT/1am PDT

Dragongate Rey de Parejas Night 13
Mercure Hotel, Yokosuka
Masaaki Mochizuki vs Susumu Mochizuki
Kagetora & Punch Tominaga vs Ryoya Tanaka & Ryu Fuda
Gianni Valletta vs Mondai Ryu
Don Fujii, Genki Horiguchi, Takashi Yoshida & Yasushi Kanda vs Natural Vibes (BIG BOSS Shimizu, Jacky Funky Kamei, Strong Machine J & U-T)
Rey de Parejas B Block: Big Hug (Hyo & Luis Mante) vs D'courage (Dragon Dia & Madoka Kikuta)
BxB Hulk, Naruki Doi & Susumu Mochizuki vs Z-Brats (ISHIN, Jason Lee & KAI)
Tournament matches uploaded to Youtube

5:30pm JST/7:30pm AEDT/9:30am BST/4:30am EDT/1:30am PDT

Pro Wrestling NOAH Sunny Voyage Night 20
EDION Arena #2, Osaka
Tadasuke vs Yu Owada
Alejandro & Junta Miyawaki vs Alpha Wolf & Hajime Ohara
Atsushi Kotoge vs YO-HEY
Daga & Yoshinari Ogawa vs HAYATA & Shuji Kondo
Dragon Bane vs Ninja Mack
Daiki Inaba, El Hijo del Dr Wagner Jr, Naomichi Marufuji & Ulka Sasaki vs Kenoh, Masa Kitamiya, Shuhei Taniguchi & Takashi Sugiura
Go Shiozaki vs Jake Lee
GHC Tag Team Titles: GLG (Anthony Greene & Jack Morris)(c) vs Kaito Kiyomiya & Ryohei Oiwa
Uploaded later to Wrestle Universe

Also shows from Kyushu Pro, ZERO1, Secret Base, Heat-Up, BJW, Doutonbori Pro, JWP, Diana, 2AW, YMZ & Hot Chouchou

8/4/2023, Monday

7pm JST/9pm AEDT/11am BST/6am EDT/3am PDT

Pro Wrestling NOAH Monday Magic Season 2 Episode 2
Shinjuku FACE, Tokyo
GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles: GLG (Tadasuke & YO-HEY)(c) vs Yankee Two Kenju (Isami Kodaka & Yuko Miyamoto)
Rest of card announced on the night
Live on Wrestle Universe

9/4/2023, Tuesday

Shows from Freedoms, ZERO1 & YMZ

10/4/2023, Wednesday

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/10:30am BST/5:30am EDT/2:30am PDT

Dragongate Rey de Parejas Night 14
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Rey de Parejas Final
Rest of card TBA
Live on Dragongate Network

7pm JST/9pm AEDT/11am BST/6am EDT/3am PDT

Gatoh Move ChocoPro #365
Ichigaya Chocolate Square, Tokyo
Card TBA
Uploaded to Youtube later

Also shows from BJW & ZERO1

11/4/2023, Thursday

All Japan New Age Chronicle-Z 4
Shin-Kiba 1stRING, Tokyo
Ren Ayabe vs Ryo Inoue
1 vs 2 Handicap: Hideki Shrek Sekine vs Imabari Towel Mascaras & Yakan Nabe
Dan Tamurao, Fuminori Abe & Ryuki Honda vs Hokuto Omori, Kuma Arashi & Shotaro Ashino
Saito Brothers (Jun Saito & Rei Saito) vs Seigo Tachibana & Yuma Aoyagi
Rising HAYATO vs Yuma Anzai
Live on AJPW TV

Pro Wrestling NOAH Star Navigation Night 4
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Alejandro & Ninja Mack vs Los Golpeadores (Alpha Wolf & Dragon Bane)
Daiki Inaba vs Yu Owada
GLG (Anthony Greene, Tadasuke & YO-HEY) vs Team NOAH (Akitoshi Saito, Atsushi Kotoge & Hi69)
Daga, Ulka Sasaki & Yoshinari Ogawa vs Hajime Ohara, Junta Miyawaki & Shuji Kondo
GHC National Title: Jack Morris(c) vs HAYATA
El Hijo del Dr Wagner Jr, Jake Lee, Masa Kitamiya & Ryohei Oiwa vs Go Shiozaki, Kazuyuki Fujita, Naomichi Marufuji & Takashi Sugiura
Kaito Kiyomiya vs Kenoh
Live on Wrestle Universe

Also show from ZERO1

12/4/2023, Friday

Stardom In Korakuen
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Card TBA
Uploaded to Stardom World at some unknown point. It might end up being live? Worth keeping an out

Also shows from ZERO1, Marvelous & JTO

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

- Eddie Kingston
Fork, I don't know if I've said it before but I love you for doing the preview posts every week.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

gripebomb posted:

Fork, I don't know if I've said it before but I love you for doing the preview posts every week.

You can feel free to say that as often as you want! I'm glad anyone else finds it useful, and as always, if there's a promotion I don't cover regularly that someone wants me to, just say and I'll do what I can. Like if there's a secret fan of Ice Ribbon dojo shows or Actwres girlZ.

It'd be a proper ball ache to do this without the fantastic Puwota website.

Watching the Ota All Japan show at last and this undercard has been a joy and a breeze. A lot of fun, especially the opener and the Carnival preview battle royale. Of course it's now time for that to slow down dramatically with the setup for an Onita match, and Onita match and the clean-up from an Onita match

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Weird thing for today

https://x.com/alljapan_pw/status/1776179595391156229

The LEC corporation, sponsors of basically every Japanese wrestling company, god bless Gekiochi-Kun, are promoting a Jiu Jitsu event today. Of interest to this thread, Ryo Inoue is facing off Hikaru Sato & perhaps weirdest of all, Punch Tominaga of Dragongate is up against Shinya Aoki, The Grand Master of Flying Submissions & MMA fighter with a record of 48-11 & 1 NC. Good luck Punch, hope he doesn't rip a limb off.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It is very, very appreciated, thanks forkboy :)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'll almost certainly watch that if it ends up somewhere, even if I wasn't blown away by the one Hard Hit put on earlier this year

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
I think Punch is a belted jiu jitsu player fwiw. Him and YAMATO got deep into that in the last few years (ofc yammy did pancrase exhibitions pre dg under his shoot name). He will get wrecked in this for sure but not as bad as what gleat does to their kids on their shows.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Yeah outside of Maya Fukuda none of the GLEATers have looked anywhere approaching comfortable doing their mma bouts

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

I think Punch is a belted jiu jitsu player fwiw. Him and YAMATO got deep into that in the last few years (ofc yammy did pancrase exhibitions pre dg under his shoot name). He will get wrecked in this for sure but not as bad as what gleat does to their kids on their shows.

Wait is this a Jiu Jitsu event made up mostly of people who haven't trained much or any Jiu Jitsu?

Cuz that sounds pretty great.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Some days there is more news than others.

https://x.com/abe_fuminori/status/1776361525495959967

Abe & Nomura celebrating Yoichi's Progress title win (aka NOAH's Yoshiki Inamura, & man, he must be the first guy to go on excursion & lose mass)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

forkboy84 posted:

Some days there is more news than others.

https://x.com/abe_fuminori/status/1776361525495959967

Abe & Nomura celebrating Yoichi's Progress title win (aka NOAH's Yoshiki Inamura, & man, he must be the first guy to go on excursion & lose mass)

holy poo poo