Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

forkboy84 posted:

Abe & Nomura celebrating Yoichi's Progress title win (aka NOAH's Yoshiki Inamura, & man, he must be the first guy to go on excursion & lose mass)

British food joke goes here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

abraham linksys posted:

British food joke goes here

British cuisine, so good we had to conquer half the world just to find something more than oats, boiled meat, onions and mint to eat

Although actually I think plenty British peasant food is nice. But also it's funny hearing my mam who was born in the early '50s talk about how she never even saw garlic until she went to France as an au pair. Literally the most basic ingredient and it wasn't common here lol

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Best of Super Jr lineups are up, NOAH's Ninja Mack (yay) and HAYATA (:geno:) are included

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

AHAHAHAHAHA loving hell, of all the amazing outside Juniors in Japan you book that loving guy

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Aoki vs. Big Hash

https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1776615845852233902

:sickos:

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

The last one was pretty good, time for more grapples!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
the full card for that show looks pretty sick

quote:

Dark Match Unpaid Rumble FINAL!
Yuni & Yuya Koroku vs Ilusion & Munetatsu Nakamura
Daisuke Sasaki & KANON & MJ Paul vs HARASHIMA & Yoshitatsu & Takeshi Masada vs Kazusada Higuchi & Yukio Naya & Hideki Okatani vs Danshoku Dieno & Kazuki Hirata & Kazuma Sumi
D GENERATIONS CUP 2024 Grand Final No Time Limit: To-y vs Rukiya
Shinya Aoki vs Chihiro Hashimoto
DDT EXTREME Championship Match Lucky Draw! Calling for Pain Survival Kuji Great Battle! 60-Minute Time Limit: <Champion> Shunma Katsumata vs Hi69 <Challenger> (No Rope Escape, No Countouts. 3-Count Pinfall and Give-Up only. Each Corner has a Foreign Object Kuji and depending on their fortune, they will be given a weapon based on their luck. The weapons in the Kuji are all weapons both wrestlers have chosen.)
KO-D Tag Team Championship Match 60-minute time limit: <Champions> Tetsuya Endo & Yuki Iino vs Jun Akiyama & Tomomitsu Matsunaga <Challenger>
Yuki Ueno & MAO vs Zack Saber Jr. & Chris Brooks

probably will wait until later next week to watch it though, last thing i need is more wrestling to watch

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Looking forward to catching up with that show this afternoon

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

forkboy84 posted:

https://x.com/b3rt4/status/1773216621252739445?s=20

More names for Bloodsport Bushido

Assume everyone knows the top names. Modzmanashvili is an Uzbek wrestler who won silver at Heavyweight in the London Olympics, but was then stripped of the medal for doping. Mike O'Hearn was on American Gladiators?

He was legendary Battle Dome competitor, Mike O'Dell! And also he's like a Tiktok fitness meme that's crossed over with Karate Combat League or something.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

forkboy84 posted:

Some days there is more news than others.

https://x.com/abe_fuminori/status/1776361525495959967

Abe & Nomura celebrating Yoichi's Progress title win (aka NOAH's Yoshiki Inamura, & man, he must be the first guy to go on excursion & lose mass)

Yoichi looks 10 years older lol

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Both of Dragongate's tag league blocks were won by unaffiliated teams, tag champs are outsiders, singles champs are on their technically-an-unit two man island. drat this is a weak unit landscape, there's got to be an imminent full shakeup right? Maybe? Please?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Tonfa posted:

Both of Dragongate's tag league blocks were won by unaffiliated teams, tag champs are outsiders, singles champs are on their technically-an-unit two man island. drat this is a weak unit landscape, there's got to be an imminent full shakeup right? Maybe? Please?

With Jason joining Z-Brats, Natural Vibes is imploding, which will lead to a lot of unaffiliated guys floating around out there so something should be coming up soon. I expect that Jacky probably ends up in the Mante/HYO unit since they already teased that a couple months ago. Where everyone else ends up who knows.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It was all downhill once the Jimmyz disbanded :negative:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

restoration of mad blankey

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Has there ever been more than one heel faction in DG at any point in time? I'm going to miss Natural Vibes v3. I even have a shirt of them...

edit:

https://twitter.com/DragonGateEN/status/1777186002383327405
I'm torn about this, Susumu losing the Yokosuka name was the stip for him in challenging KAI for the Dream Gate, so it's weird to me that they're walking back on it.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Lily Catts posted:

Has there ever been more than one heel faction in DG at any point in time? I'm going to miss Natural Vibes v3. I even have a shirt of them...

edit:

https://twitter.com/DragonGateEN/status/1777186002383327405
I'm torn about this, Susumu losing the Yokosuka name was the stip for him in challenging KAI for the Dream Gate, so it's weird to me that they're walking back on it.

So kinda. You might have an affiliated heel group that hasn’t joined the heel group. Most famously cmax and m2k were heel at the same time.

It’s pretty clear that they wanted to have him be a Mochizuki for M3K and Junior. This guy name changes so often that I’m pretty numb to this at this point.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I see Dragongate posted the card for Wednesday's Korakuen. Obviously spoilers if you aren't up to date with Rey de Parejas

10/4/2023, Wednesday

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/10:30am BST/5:30am EDT/2:30am PDT

Dragongate Rey de Parejas Night 14
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Rey de Parejas Semi-Final: Natural Vibes (BIG BOSS Shimizu & Strong Machine J) vs Susumu Yokosuka & YAMATO
Rey de Parejas Semi-Final: Big Hug (Hyo & Luis Mante) vs Team No Hug (Dragon Kid & Naruki Doi)
Don Fujii, Kagetora & Masaaki Mochizuki vs Punch Tominaga, Shuji Kondo & Yasushi Kanda
D'courage (Dragon Dia, Madoka Kikuta & Ryoya Tanaka) & Daiki Yanagiuchi vs Gold Class (Ben-K, BxB Hulk & Kota Minoura) & Ryu Fuda
Toru Owashi & Ultimo Dragon vs Z-Brats (Gianni Valletta & KAI)
Natural Vibes (Jacky Funky Kamei, Kzy & U-T) vs Z-Brats (ISHIN, Jason Lee & Shun Skywalker)
Rey de Parejas Final
Live on Dragongate Network

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Rey de Parejas Semi-Final: Big Hug (Hyo & Luis Mante) vs Team No Hug (Dragon Kid & Naruki Doi)

This is the type of rock solid A to B booking that makes Dragongate the best in the business.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Baka Gaijin in a few minutes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY1J6ydtiJk

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I don't think I've ever seen this version of Mecha Mummy before

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
already an amazing match

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I've started a big writeup on AJPW's upcoming Champion Carnival and its participants. Should I post it here or should we see if a whole new thread will bring more eyes to AJPW. I really like what they're doing and am excited about the tournament and want more people to give it a try :)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It's certainly worth a shot making your own thread about it, forkboy doing a thread for the 2021 edition is what got me to start watching

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Apr 9, 2024

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Yeah, big effort posts deserve a thread.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I'm always a fan of big individual effortpost threads and writeups :)

By the way, this thread and the constant schedule updates are amazing - great work, and thank you forkboy for doing it!

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

So kinda. You might have an affiliated heel group that hasn’t joined the heel group. Most famously cmax and m2k were heel at the same time.

It’s pretty clear that they wanted to have him be a Mochizuki for M3K and Junior. This guy name changes so often that I’m pretty numb to this at this point.

I guess I was invested in Susumu's Dream Gate challenge because losing the Yokosuka name meant losing another thing that would remind him of K-ness as they were longtime tag partners... oops lol

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

apophenium posted:

I've started a big writeup on AJPW's upcoming Champion Carnival and its participants. Should I post it here or should we see if a whole new thread will bring more eyes to AJPW. I really like what they're doing and am excited about the tournament and want more people to give it a try :)

Hell yeah, Looking forward to reading your thoughts & posting about the Carnival.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Really great Korakuen show for Dragongate. All the RdP tournament matches whipped, and every match was fun. Lots of interesting set-up for Dead or Alive next month. Mante put up his title against Gianni Valletta after the later unmasked Ultimo in his match. Really intense and energetic brawl between Z-Brats and Natural Vibes that set up the DoA cage match with Jacky, Jason, Kzy, Shun, and Hyo. Also lots of unit shake-up moves starting to develop for all those kinda not into the current unit landscape.

Also real smart of Dragongate, sending men over 40 to fight Kaito. It's his one weakness!

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Apr 11, 2024

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Two more matches added to all together

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1778256889777918063?t=kXv9G1lcV10KA8yY4wI9lw&s=19

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kenoh vs Fuj :aaa:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
All Together looks fun and the first NJPW related thing outside the Windy City Riot show.

RIP Akebono, love the matches with Strong BJ which were my first introductions to Daisuke Sekimoto and Yuji Okabayashi

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm watching this NOAH show. Card looks pretty good, HAYATA vs. Jack Morris aside.

This triple threat should be awesome.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Apr 11, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Will Kenoh make Kiyomiya the most humiliated(er) man alive? I hope to find out soon!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Commentary currently explaining their desire to have bear Daga's children :confused:

Edit: Holy poo poo what a crazy loving submission tower :stare:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Apr 11, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:lol: HAYATA

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
As someone who doesn’t watch much NOAH, how hyped should I be about seeing Seiki Yoshioka next week?

https://x.com/revprouk/status/1778365322984136961?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

As someone who doesn’t watch much NOAH, how hyped should I be about seeing Seiki Yoshioka next week?

https://x.com/revprouk/status/1778365322984136961?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

It's funny, he left NOAH because he was going to university IIRC, & now he's wrestling in Europe on top of all over Japan.

He's a really good junior, he probably won't wow you with flashiness, but Yoshioka is a really good wrestler.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lmao already humiliation

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Kaito is doing the humiliation!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

fez_machine posted:

lmao already humiliation

The worst humiliation of his life... so far!