Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

There is a live stream at 3pm JST/5pm AEDT/6am GMT/1am EST/10pm PST where there will be a discussion of the first United Japan Pro-Wrestling show, which is on May 6th at the Nippon Budokan

Seems like it's on Abema, but New Japan will also be showing it on their Youtube: youtube.com/@NJPW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1772505652830630259?t=UloyxqPTdH186N_9-UGKHw&s=19

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Tom's customs rear end match
https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1772505343521624500

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

That's a rad match up

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The PPV price looking like 2000 yen is also very good news

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Takeshita must beat the absolute living piss out Kaito in order to keep his place in the AEW hierarchy

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Could they make the pin eater any more obvious lol

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
tanahashi, marufuji, and takagi is such a funny loving team holy poo poo

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Lily Catts posted:

Could they make the pin eater any more obvious lol

Two new japan wrestlers makes me think one will pin the other

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Umino pins Uemura, Soup pins Ueno, Kiyo and Shun go get a snack.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/metal0515/status/1772516514974822909

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Is there a reason All Japan aren't part of this?

EDIT looks like there's a champion carnival show that conflicts.

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Mar 26, 2024

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They should be free for the June Sapporo one

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Good news everyone, the House always wins, by which I mean EVIL, Big Yuj and Narita will be wrestling the bosses.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lamuella posted:

Is there a reason All Japan aren't part of this?

EDIT looks like there's a champion carnival show that conflicts.

It's the end of Golden Week. Specifically Children's Day is on the 5th May, but it's a Sunday so they get the Monday off instead, so I'm surprised more groups don't have dates. Dragongate's big Dead Or Alive show is on the 5th, they have a normal house show in Tsushima on the 6th, BJW have one in Osaka.

But yeah, it's the 2nd last night of the Carnival, final night of A Block matches, Kento vs Davey Boy Smith Jr & Hokuto Omori vs Yuma Aoyagi, plus Ashino vs Cyrus & Ayabe vs Ikemen. And as TJPW have the early slot at Korakuen this would be a 18:30 start time, so massive ovelap with this show. Wonder if that could mean it'd be the first All Japan Korakuen to do under 1,000 this year.

Sekimoto & Ishii vs Kitamiya & Cobb is some sicko good poo poo booking, exactly the sort of thing you'd want them to book at an event like this (when being realistic & acknowledging there's little chance of getting big singles dream matches for political reasons).

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://x.com/kyodo_english/status/1772819640261247480?s=20

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo :stwoon:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I am excited about both of these matches for very different reasons

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1772914229986635903

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SG Bamboo posted:

I am excited about both of these matches for very different reasons

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1772914229986635903

oh man

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/metal0515/status/1772980811186274394?t=fuOxsV1eK8rnRPS2SZEP4Q&s=19

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

What's that weird expression on Kenoh's face in the last photo? If I didn't know better I'd say he was... happy? :confused:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

What's that weird expression on Kenoh's face in the last photo? If I didn't know better I'd say he was... happy? :confused:

It's actually Super Saiyan Anger

Talking of everyone's favourite angry pissbaby

https://twitter.com/kenoh_prowres/status/1773277126201881002?s=20

Kenoh points out that Kaito hates him but Maru-kun loves him so much that he's stealing his suit & pose! Also note Kenoh's lovely customised Kaito & Ryohei t-shirt

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://x.com/b3rt4/status/1773216621252739445?s=20

More names for Bloodsport Bushido

Assume everyone knows the top names. Modzmanashvili is an Uzbek wrestler who won silver at Heavyweight in the London Olympics, but was then stripped of the medal for doping. Mike O'Hearn was on American Gladiators?

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Mar 28, 2024

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

We've got two fun looking Stardom shows which are basically the goodbye shows for everyone leaving for Rossy's new startup. Not sure I can justify the PPV but definitely well worth watching when they are up on World. Saturday has the big show of the week as All Japan run Ota Ward Gym with a Carnival preview tag and 4 title matches, albeit one of them is Onita & DDT's To-y vs Dan & Sato in a explosion match for the All Asia Tag belts which, well, hopefully be better than the last Onita match I saw in All Japan. But HAYATO vs MUSASHI, Suwama & Suzuki vs the Saitos and of course Nakajima vs Anzai are all potentially great matches. I'm on the fence, I really want Anzai to win but I suspect that it's still a little soon for them to pull the trigger on him. Still think everyone should watch this, even though I know you won't for reasonable reasons like "I already spend too much money on wrestling". The show that'll probably be watched by more on here is Sunday's Grand Princess, which as is traditional is a very stacked show. Yuka Sakazaki is back for the first time since leaving for AEW! She has yet to actually appear for AEW.

Outside the weekend is pretty quiet again. New Japan run Korakuen for a rare single night before Wrestling Dontaku next weekend, NOAH's fun & slightly non-canon Magic Monday show returns. Yup, quiet.

30/3/2023, Saturday

1pm JST/3pm AEDT/4am GMT/11pm EST/8pm PST

Stardom In Sendai
Sendai PIT, Sendai
02line (AZM & Miyu Amasaki) vs Cosmic Angels (Natsupoi & Saori Anou) vs Giulia & Tam Nakano vs Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe & Natsuko Tora)
1 Minute Gauntlet: Yuzuki vs Hanan, Hazuki, Koguma, Mayu Iwatani, Momo Kohgo & Saya Iida
EXV (HANAKO & Waka Tsukiyama) vs God's Eye (Ranna Yagami & Saki Kashima) vs Oedo Tai (Rina & Ruaka)
Lady C vs Mai Sakurai vs Yuna Mizumori
Aya Sakura vs Sayaka Kurara
Rian vs Starlight Kid
Artist of Stardom Titles: God's Eye (Ami Sourei, MIRAI & Syuri)(c) vs EXV (Maika, Mina Shirakawa & Xena)
Goddess of Stardom Titles: AphroditE (Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita)(c) vs Crazy Star (Mei Seira & Suzu Suzuki)
Live on PPV & uploaded to Stardom World at some unknown point

2pm JST/4pm AEDT/5am GMT/12am EST/9pm PST

Gatoh Move ChocoPro #363
Ichigaya Chocolate Square, Tokyo
Choun Shiryu & Masahiro Takanashi vs Minoru Fujita & Sawasdee Kamen
Erii Kanae vs Tokiko Kirihara
Emi Sakura & Mei Suruga vs Miya Yotsuba & Sayaka
Uploaded to Youtube later

4pm JST/6pm AEDT/7am GMT/2am EST/11pm PST

All Japan Dream Power Series Night 5
Ota Ward General Gymnasium, Tokyo
Dark Match from Actwres girlZ, I forgot to put the names in here & now I can't be bothered. I know Miku Aono is one of them.
Fuminori Abe, Kaz Hayashi & Seiki Yoshioka vs Naruki Doi, Ryo Inoue & Seigo Tachibana
Kuma Arashi & Takao Omori vs Voodoo Murders (KONO & Toshizo)
Hartley Jackson, Ryuki Honda, Shotaro Ashino & Yuma Aoyagi vs Hokuto Omori, Kento Miyahara, Kuroshio TOKYO Japan & Ren Ayabe
All Asia Tag Team Titles Electric Explosive Deathmatch: Atsushi Onita & To-y(c) vs Evolution (Dan Tamura & Hikaru Sato)
PWF World Junior Heavyweight Title: Rising HAYATO(c) vs MUSASHI
AJPW World Tag Team Titles: Hideki Suzuki & Suwama(c) vs Voodoo Murders (Jun Saito & Rei Saito)
Triple Crown Title: Katsuhiko Nakajima(c) vs Yuma Anzai
Live on AJPW TV

5pm JST/7pm AEDT/8am GMT/3am EST/12am PST

DDT April Fool Tour Night 1
Radiant Hall, Yokohama
Antonio Honda & Danshoku Dieno vs Kazuki Hirata & Kazuma Sumi
Akito, HARASHIMA & Kazusada Higuchi vs Soma Takao, Yukio Naya & Yuya Koroku
Jun Akiyama & Rukiya vs Tetsuya Endo & Yuki Iino
Hideki Okatani vs KANON
Chris Brookes, Masahiro Takanashi & Takeshi Masada vs MAO, Yuki Ueno & Yuni
Hi69 & Yasu Urano vs Ilusion & Shunma Katsumata
Live on Wrestle Universe

Dragongate Rey de Parejas Night 10
Sambo Hall, Kobe
Ryoya Tanaka vs Ryu Fuda
Royal Sambo: BxB Hulk vs Daiki Yanagiuchi vs Don Fujii vs Gianni Valletta vs Ho Ho Lun vs KAI vs Mondai Ryu vs Punch Tominaga vs Shachihoko Boy vs Takashi Yoshida
Big Hug (Hyo & Luis Mante) & Yasushi Kanda vs D'courage (Dragon Dia & Madoka Kikuta) & Masaaki Mochizuki
Rey de Parejas A Block: Aagan Iisou (Shuji Kondo & Toru Owashi) vs Gold Class (Ben-K & Kota Minoura)
Rey de Parejas B Block: Natural Vibes (Jacky Funky Kamei & Jason Lee) vs Z-Brats (ISHIN & Shun Skywalker)
Live on Dragongate Network

Also shows from Ice Ribbon, JTO, Kyushu Pro, Osaka Pro, 666, Heat-Up & Marvelous

31/3/2023, Sunday

1pm JST/3pm AEDT/4am GMT/11pm EST/8pm PST

Stardom In Yamagata
Big Wing Exhibition Hall, Yamagata
Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe, Natsuko Tora, Rina, Ruaka & Starlight Kid) vs Queen's Quest (AZM, Lady C, Miyu Amasaki, Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita)
5 Minute Gauntlet: MIRAI vs Ami Sourei, Ranna Yagami, Saki Kashima & Syuri
EXV (HANAKO, Mina Shirakawa, Waka Tsukiyama & Xena) vs STARS (Hazuki, Koguma, Mayu Iwatani & Momo Kohgo)
Cosmic Angels (Natsupoi & Yuna Mizumori) vs Aya Sakura & Sayaka Kurara
Maika & Rian vs Wing Gori (Hanan & Saya Iida)
Mei Seira vs Yuzuki
Mai Sakurai vs Tam Nakano
Giulia vs Suzu Suzuki
Live on PPV & uploaded to Stardom World at some unknown point

2pm JST/4pm AEDT/5am GMT/12am EST/9pm PST

Tokyo Joshi Pro Grand Princess '24
Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo
hika Nanase, Kira Summer & Shino Suzuki vs Haru Kazashiro, Runa Okubo & Uta Takami
Ami Yumoto & Nao Kakuta vs HIMAWARI & Mahiro Kiryu
Andreza Giant Panda & Kaya Toribami vs Pom Harajuku & Raku
Juria Nagano & Moka Miyamoto vs Toga & Wakana Uehara
Masha Slamovich vs Rika Tatsumi
Aja Kong & Max The Impaler vs Kyoraku Kyomei (Hyper Misao & Shoko Nakajima)
Maki Itoh vs Minoru Suzuki
Chris Brookes & Emi Sakura vs Magical Sugar Rabbits (Mizuki & Yuka Sakazaki)
International Princess Title: Yuki Arai(c) vs Yuki Kamifuku
Princess Tag Team Titles: Ryo Mizunami & Yuki Aino(c) vs Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo & Suzume)
Princess of Princess Title: Miyu Yamashita(c) vs Miu Watanabe
Live on Wrestle Universe

6pm JST/8pm AEDT/9am GMT/4am EST/1am PST

Dragongate Rey de Parejas Night 10
Hiroshima Industrial Hall, Hiroshima
Rey de Parejas A Block: Aagan Iisou (Shuji Kondo & Toru Owashi) vs Team No Hug (Dragon Kid & Naruki Doi)
Rey de Parejas B Block: Big Hug (Hyo & Luis Mante) vs Natural Vibes (Kzy & U-T)
Tournament matches uploaded to Youtube

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/9:30am GMT/5:30am EST/1:30am PST

Pro Wrestling NOAH Star Navigation Night 3
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Masa Kitamiya vs Shuhei Taniguchi
Hajime Ohara & Takashi Sugiura vs Team NOAH (Atsushi Kotoge & Go Shiozaki)
Anthony Greene vs Daiki Inaba
Alejandro, Junta Miyawaki & Ninja Mack vs Stinger (Daga & Yoshinari Ogawa) & Super Crazy
Kaito Kiyomiya & Ryohei Oiwa vs Kenoh & Yu Owada
Naomichi Marufuji vs Ulka Sasaki
GLG (Jack Morris, Tadasuke & YO-HEY) vs HAYATA & Los Golpeadores (Alpha Wolf & Dragon Bane)
GHC Heavyweight Title: El Hijo del Dr Wagner Jr(c) vs Jake Lee
Live on Wrestle Universe

Also shows from ZERO1, VAMOSTAR, Oz Academy, Kyushu Pro, 2AW, Heat-Up, Osaka Pro & BJW

1/4/2023, Monday

7pm JST/9pm AEDT/10am GMT/6am EST/2am PST

Pro Wrestling NOAH Monday Magic Season 2 Episode 1
Shinuku FACE, Tokyo
Card Announced on the day
Live on Wrestle Universe

Also BJW

2/4/2023, Tuesday

Show from JWP

3/4/2023, Wednesday

New Japan Road To Sakura Genesis Night 3
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
EVIL & Yujiro vs Katsuya Murashima & Shoma Kato
Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Oleg Boltin, Ryusuke Taguchi, Tiger Mask & Toru Yano vs Just 5 Guys (DOUKI, SANADA, Taichi, TAKA Michinoku & Yuya Uemura)
Bullet Club Leftovers (Chase Owens & Taiji Ishimori) vs El Desperado & YOSHI-HASHI
Gauntlet Match: Intergalactic Jetsetters (Kevin Knight & KUSHIDA) & Tomohiro Ishii vs United Empire (Callum Newman, Francesco Akira & TJP) vs War Dogs (Clark Connors, Drilla Moloney & Gedo)
Shingo Takagi vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru
Ren Narita & SHO vs Shota Umino & YOH
LIJ (BUSHI & Yota Tsuji) vs LIJ (Hiromu Takahashi & Tetsuya Naito)
Live on NJPW World

Also shows from FREEDOMS & WAVE

4/4/2023, Thursday

GLEAT G Prowrestling Ver.71
Shinjuku FACE, Tokyo
BULK Orchestra (Hayato Tamura, KAZMA SAKAMOTO & Ryuichi Kawakami) vs Yan's Family (Issei Onitsuka, Masato Kamino & Yusuke Kodaka)
Minoru Tanaka & Tetsuya Izuchi vs Soma Watanabe & Yuya Susumu
El Lindaman vs Go Miyaki
Riki Ashitaka & Shuji Ishikawa vs Stronghearts (T-Hawk & Takehiro Yamamura)
BGI (Hartley Jackson, Kaito Ishida & Kotaro Suzuki) vs Jun Tonsho, MICHIKO & Yu Iizuka
G-INFINITY Titles: Coelacanths (CIMA & Kaz Hayashi)(c) vs Kuma Arashi & Quiet Storm
No Rope Match: Daimonji So & Takanori Ito
Almost certainly live on their Youtube, but otherwise uploaded later in the week

Also show from Actwres girlZ

5/4/2023, Friday

Nothing

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

Princess of Princess Title: Miyu Yamashita(c) vs Miu Watanabe
Live on Wrestle Universe

:bisonyes::hf::sickos:

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

forkboy84 posted:

https://x.com/b3rt4/status/1773216621252739445?s=20

More names for Bloodsport Bushido

Assume everyone knows the top names. Modzmanashvili is an Uzbek wrestler who won silver at Heavyweight in the London Olympics, but was then stripped of the medal for doping. Mike O'Hearn was on American Gladiators?

oh gently caress yes Battledome is back

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Oh hell yeah, AJPW.tv finally updated their player so you can do things like press spacebar to pause/resume and double-tap left and right arrows to rewind or fast-forward 10 seconds. We made it to the 21st century!!!

E. I was wrong, you can not pause/resume with spacebar. What the gently caress.

apophenium fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Mar 28, 2024

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

apophenium posted:

Oh hell yeah, AJPW.tv finally updated their player so you can do things like press spacebar to pause/resume and double-tap left and right arrows to rewind or fast-forward 10 seconds. We made it to the 21st century!!!

E. I was wrong, you can not pause/resume with spacebar. What the gently caress.

at least give us a dark mode!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

THE CRAZY FUCKERS DID IT.

Yuma Anzai, 24 years old, 18 months into his career, has beaten Katsuhiko Nakajima to be the NEW All Japan Triple Crown champion. gently caress yeah!

By way of comparison, Jun Akiyama took 2 years & 3 months to win his first title, the All Asia Tag champs. He didn't win a singles belt until 2 months shy of his 9th anniversary in wrestling.

18 months is about the time it took for Kurt Angle to go from his WWE debut (he'd wrestled in developmental & some indies before) to winning his first WWF World Heavyweight Title.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Catching up with the show now, very happy to read that. Dan and Sato showing up for the explosion match in full suits is a great look

e: Hooray Voodoo Murders is dead and Toshizo is retiring maybe? If it means KONO gets to do more of the cool hoss poo poo he does in Tenryu Pe then i'm all for it

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Mar 30, 2024

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

What's going on with Nakajima? I didn't catch the match but it sounds like he threw a pissy fit about losing?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Pylons posted:

What's going on with Nakajima? I didn't catch the match but it sounds like he threw a pissy fit about losing?

Yeah it was a weird finish, the match was one sided as gently caress before Jumping Knee -> German -> Pin, then Nakajima rolled straight out and walked to the back barely selling. Still worth it for Anzai taking a ton of punishment, and excited for where this radical new era takes us

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Pylons posted:

It's Nakajima. Seeing as he's not even booked for the Carnival I'd not be shocked if he was done with All Japan now so he felt he had "protect himself" or whatever. Wrestlers remain the biggest marks.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

It's Nakajima. Seeing as he's not even booked for the Carnival I'd not be shocked if he was done with All Japan now so he felt he had "protect himself" or whatever. Wrestlers remain the biggest marks.

If that's the case where would he go. The obvious option is njpw who could do with some experienced dudes in the upper midcard. However it's always been a case of his so so drawing record v his immense fuckwittery.

Maybe give the US a crack ?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Burn Down Canberra posted:

If that's the case where would he go. The obvious option is njpw who could do with some experienced dudes in the upper midcard. However it's always been a case of his so so drawing record v his immense fuckwittery.

NXT. I think NJPW is still pissed at him for the Inoki poo poo.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Mar 31, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

I had assumed he was in AJPW for long enough to eventually FINALLY lose to Miyahara but... nope, 15 years and Miyahara has still never once beaten Nakajima in a singles match!

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Nakajima fascinates me as an old school shithead. We need more low kis that aren’t low ki

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Pylons posted:

NXT. I think NJPW is still pissed at him for the Inoki poo poo.

Nxt would be interesting because he's never done the business to justify how difficult he is to deal with. Maybe he might play ball to have a crack at the wwe and looking strong on the way out is something the wwe prefers.

But it's potentially very funny where he ends up rinsing some rookie cause he's having a tantrum

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nxt would be interesting because he's never done the business to justify how difficult he is to deal with. Maybe he might play ball to have a crack at the wwe and looking strong on the way out is something the wwe prefers.

But it's potentially very funny where he ends up rinsing some rookie cause he's having a tantrum

remember when Hideki Suzuki was in NXT lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Look, I'm unapologetically a Nakajima fan. I think that his All Japan run, short as it's been, has been a pretty positive tick in his drawing box. And while I think he is a dick he's not quite in the "extremely difficult to work with" of a Fujita, I mean he was in NOAH for what, 15 years, first as a freelancer and then as a contracted guy? Considering he's not exactly Okada when it comes to drawing if he was that much of an arsehole he would have been dropped before he actually left, surely.

Of course, it's wrestling so it could all be a work and he'll be back in AJPW in a couple of months for the rest of the year or whatever. :shrug: (Not a prediction but I wouldn't be stunned to get more with him & Kento for example at the anniversary show in September) Who loving knows with wrestling? Part of the fun I guess.