Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I just watched last night's tag match and it made me wonder two things: A) Why doesn't anybody even attempt to TRY to get licenses to produce the shows in america with English commentary? B) Does Kobashi age? At all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Quote != Edit :saddowns:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HUSTLE has folded.

:(

quote:

Hustle president Nobuo Yamaguchi announced on 10/28 that the promotion was folding. He made the announcement that they were out of money, and could no longer pay the staff and the wrestlers. He said that the scheduled 10/29 show at Korakuen Hall was canceled, as are all the rest of the shows on the schedule.

Hustle, which called itself a wrestling opera, was a wacky promotion that had big money behind it at first from the same promotion that ran the Pride Fighting Championships. The promotion was at one time strong enough to sign Bill Goldberg for a $125,000 per match deal, and at another point was in negotiations for Steve Austin. Even a few months back, they were paying Bob Sapp $35,000 per week, but as money got tight, they jobbed him out.

They had a cult following, but never were drawing enough to justify the money they were spending. Since Nobuhiko Takada left the promotion as the top heel, interest had gone way down. Many of the shows were before small crowds, and most of those crowds were papered.

While nobody would say so publicly, they were behind on paying a lot of the wrestlers, and the demise of the promotion has been expected for the last couple of months. Yamaguchi said his goal was to eventually bring the promotion back.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

someone trace over this in black and white and we have a new top selling t-shirt.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

El Hijo Del Ice Cream gonna win it all :dance:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

apsouthern posted:

edit: ignore this, one of my 3 years olds has figured out how to post on SA

ask if they think they can take out president ramu.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Nuajf?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ditch posted:

Looking like Sugiura defends vs Hirooki Goto on 1/4. Sugiura beat Goto twice during the summer. Goto is coming off a win over Masato Tanaka.

edit: Also, Tajiri is starting up a new promotion called Smash from the remnants of HUSTLE. Looks to be much, much smaller.

Is it really Tajiri starting it up or is it still gonna have "funding"?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

Card is coming along nicely! :neckbeard:

So do you expect the Dudleyz to still hold the titles when this show is over?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ditch posted:

IWGP Tag Team Title - 3WAY Hardcore Rules Match: Giant Bernard & Karl Anderson beat "Team 3D" Brother Ray & Brother Devon (c) and Yujiro & Tetsuya Naito (10:34) when Anderson pinned Ray, after Ray was elevated into the air by an invisible force and dropped on his head, to become the 55th champions.

i cant tell if this is a joke or not

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

in 30 years puro matches will be like fights from dragon ball.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ditch posted:

He pinned KENTA with it once in 2006.

And I think KENTA would need to add at least 7KG of muscle to become a potential heavyweight champ. Marufuji's reign wasn't so good for business but it also came right after Kobashi left. Misawa drew better but that's really to be expected. I don't know that Rikio or Morishima would have done more than Marufuji in '06. All that said, Marufuji had bulked up and used a style where it made sense that he could sneak out wins against heavies. KENTA uses brute force, so he needs to get bigger to be credible getting knockout-style pins on big names. Sugiura is about his height but much thicker, and even he's only getting a push because they're desperate.

Wasn't the reason 'Fuji didn't draw well that they took like a huge chunk of the big names off the cards he was on as champ?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

what is an australian suplex

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ditch posted:

It's worth noting that most refs bang out a three count in just over 2 seconds. ECW refs are the worst for this, especially for any 'babyface wins' finish. New refs are actively advised to count fast in general.

That said, Joe in his later years could be frustratingly slow. Still not HALF as bad as the ref in the 2000 WON MOTY though. How the hell can anyone stand slow counts in a fast-paced match with a ton of nearfalls??

at least its not as bad as lucha refs

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ditch posted:

Sugiura will miss the upcoming short tour with a curse arm fracture. The key is if he can make the big-ish show on the 28th, and if not that, then can he return for the big singles tournament tour on April 10th. Though maybe he wouldn't have been in the tourney anyway.

:( they're gonna have to put the belt back on sasaki if this keeps up.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

Kawada.

you cannot injure a tree.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

You can break it's branches.

not this one.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ditch posted:

KENTA's new hair and shirt:
http://noah.co.jp/imgs/newsimg/100312_04.jpg

wanna buy that shirt

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ditch posted:

Now Taue is hurt :psyduck:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

it's been more than 24 hours, who's injured?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

reports are that the new noah logo is suffering from a fractured third serif

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

What in the world is this company going to do?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

I was just going to ask you what was up with Kobashi.

knees made of twine and popsicle sticks.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

I'm more concerned about the hand.

superglue and lincoln logs.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this is the part where i post sasaki images to drive the point home right

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Captain Charisma posted:

That show is just not good at all. Style clash in pretty much every match iirc

i remember downloading misawa/hart on limewire many ages ago, waiting for 2 hours on my dialup connection for what was sure to be greatness.

it was on this day the magic died

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

fun fact this is the longest running thread on the forums!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ditch posted:

Trust me, he didn't. At least not a multi-page one. I'm part of a forum that really focuses on WON and that's something that comes up regularly. Plus I have a source *cough* for WON and didn't see one.

alan4l is a scrub, make me the official puro spreader

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

marufuji please come back to usa :smith:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ditch posted:

About freaking time. Maybe he was doing it Tully-style and holding auditions for a '10'.

sadly, kobashi only knows how to count to three :smith:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

father loving that much in a short amount of time will do that to your physique.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

how many years does noah have left? they dont seem to be making many new stars and they've been running less shows lately :(

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ditch posted:

TM4 was never gonna unmask, unless you think the debut of TM5 obligated him to.

They can keep grinding it out for years, I mean look at frigging Zero-One.

not if kobashi and crew really do pull out

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Illinois Smith posted:

I love reading Alan's online ramblings just because of how excited he gets about stuff but I think listening to him rave about all 500 of his favorite DG matches of 2010 would be enough to drive anyone insane.

Alan4L is a coque.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

Alan is a real nice guy. :)

You liar.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Thats p. ballin

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ditch posted:

NOSAWA, the omnipresent mediocrity, managed to do four crimes within the span of a minute.

He was drunk, and wanted a taxi ride to his hotel. Taxi driver didn't know how to get there (this is common for some reason) so NOSAWA argues with him, gets out, opens the driver's door, pulls the driver out, and starts driving for a little ways until the cops pull him over. So:

-Assault
-Drunk driving
-Stealing a taxi
-And he didn't have his driver's license

Now, let's see if he goes to jail before Jeff Hardy!

Where the gently caress was Punk?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Man things just seem so grim for Noah :(

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

coconono posted:

Hey BJW, the grossest thing I've ever seen is Abdullah Kobayashi drinking a liter of egg yolks. Don't do that ever again.

thats p hardcore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

welp time to throw myself off a building.