Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Jake Lee feels like a video game career mode character with Akiyama holding the ps4 controller. I find myself very invested in his career. He feels built to have an epic story arc.

Modern AJPW is dank. Some of the most consistently watchable wrestling I've seen in a long, long time. I've always appreciated their serious stripped down style and sports-like approach to everything, but can see why they've never been a mainstream operation even at their peak. I'm glad they are getting it back together because I've always preferred their flavor of pro wrestling. The Triple Crown title always felt like the most important title in the game and still feels that way to me.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 22:09 on May 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

SleepCousinDeath posted:

I haven't watched All Japan for over a year but need my Zeus fix.

Where can I go to watch recent All Japan stuff. It seems really hard to find for some reason.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B5rK95X3mRiiSDNvTnQ0aUhWODg

You're looking for the Real Hero Archive. People are maintaining a "Puro Network" of all televised shows not on streaming services. It's fairly extensive and filled with lots of other promotions as well. The All Japan section has pretty much everything from 2015 to current and tons of stuff from before.

Edit:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bwpbsa8C2iSmZXJuaE44bm40eHc

Here's a fairly extensive All Japan archive from the same guys for the older stuff from the very beginning of the promotion in the 1950s to 2000 for those here that don't know.

Keep it hush-hush though. We don't want it to get Copyright Killed.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 15, 2017

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Did anyone check out the 10/21 AJPW show? I assume it's not gonna make it to the puro archive (gently caress off Fite.tv....), so is it worth tossing them 5 bucks for Suwama vs. Joe and NEXTREAM vs. Aoki/Sato?

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

NuclearPotato posted:

You don't have to throw $5 if you don't want to, the show's already on RealHero: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5rK95X3mRiiZEVhVVV0Vl93WFE

loving beautiful, mate. Everyone should be watching AJPW. It's loving Lit right now. Some of the most watchable wrestling and interesting cast of players going today. It's got that old school deliberate, but dynamic sensibility you 'just' don't see very often anymore. I'm hooked.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Oct 28, 2017

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Big Japan's new streaming service sucks so bad that Real Hero Archive reinstated BJW and will just remove shows as they get added to the service. Our national crisis has ended.

BJW is great and people should be watching it now that it's on the archive again. Toss BJW some cash when you can so that maybe they'll get their poo poo together as well.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

I missed the dogpile earlier, but I'm glad to see Eric C. getting a bit of hate around here despite the RH Archive and Takayamania (both super incredible things, especially the latter). I'm in his super secret Facebook group and its just a whole lotta dicksucking and turbo-nerds showing off their "access" and the fact that wrestlers know them personally. And you better not mess with his "buddy" Big Mike Elgin and talk about his recent hosed up allegations, dammit, or that's a banning and a long pretentious post about being "respectful" and "not dicks". However, based on interactions with them there, it appears the access is only there from literal decades of hounding wrestlers coming out of shows until they became infamous and then realizing they weren't going away so they'd may as well deal with it. And they're still loving here. Like a bad rash.

A bunch of weird guys in that clique, even beyond the somewhat creepy, man-child vibes of posts like the one we were just roasting. It's like a group of older men, even older than us here, deciding to act like 10 year old turbo marks, but...on purpose and dead seriously. I wonder what the wrestlers they hound for pictures and "friendship" think of them? In either case, I'm constantly disappointed the guys behind the Archive seem like koo-koos because the community orbiting around them is actually super chill.

I like you guys because when someone deserves a roasting, you all are already on top of it. :unsmith:

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Dec 30, 2019

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

He's right. Everyone who isn't at least a bit clued-in should absolutely watch/catch-up on All Japan. Kento Miyahara is that dude and he's having the best run for how little buzz he gets in the media. When he decides to cash bigger checks and german-suplex bigger game "look out". But I'd rather he stay and AJPW grow and thrive because they certainly have a unique flavor that other feds don't have. Everyone bored of NJPW will appreciate the change in scenery, I think.

Everyone hates on Jake Lee but he's one of my favorites. He doesn't need charisma, he just needs to show up for big fights and knee people directly in the face for 3. The rest will take care of itself. He's the realest dude in wrestling today. Can't wait until he, or Nomura and all his neo-burning energy, or drat... "someone" other than Suwama decisively makes Kento lose his smile. Kento's supporting cast is way more interesting than he is right now, which bodes well.

Edit:

I certainly hope HHHs "we're gonna bring people you don't even expect! :devil:" doesn't mean impending raids on puro aces looking to make stupidly high amounts of money.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Sep 30, 2022

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

i dont watch the show but kento used to be hot on twitter and now he looks doofy

His schtick is getting kinda long in the tooth, in general. Especially with his Nextreme teammates evolving so dramatically in their title chases from where they were. He's essentially been the same thing for 6 whole years. People talk about Cody, but the epic, lack-of-self-awareness, Homelander-style mega heel run still on the table is totally Kento. Just a slight "I won because I'm the goat, so of course I did. No one is on my level! What...why are you haters booing?! You aren't on my level either! :saddowns:" and we're off to the races.

Instead of just more "lol Kento wins and you obviously love this poo poo to death". The fights are always good, but I think people want to see what's next, just like with NJPW.

Still: Watch AJPW, tho. :kiddo:

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Oct 1, 2022

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Meh. "I" can take or leave him as he stands now. I respect his matches and his place as ajpw's centerpiece and reason for survival. He is legit Top 5, arguably, in the world. That wasn't knee-jerk Western "just turn him" stuff, I just can not with the character in his current form for too much longer. But I can totally believe he's more of a "Live Band not an Album Band" kind of deal. But without a hook or twist, it's feeling like actually cheering for Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers; and I'm not down with that either. :confuoot: This is all just my personal feelings though as a guy who occasionally floats the money for AJPW.tv.

Cult leader Triple Crown reign of terror is right there though and would be way more entertaining. Maybe once it's time to find his replacement he can finally lose his marbles and really embrace being a dick, kinda like Jumbo did when the pillars started to rise.

Edit:

The term I'm looking for is Douche Vibes. And Miyahara the character has them off the charts despite the hero role.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Oct 1, 2022

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Space Flying Tiger Bomb :aaaaa:

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Jake Lee was always one of my favorites from Day 1. Never understood the misgivings about his stuff. Good on him for looking for greener pastures if he knew he wasn't going to be booked very well.

That El Lindaman main event posted a few days back for the G-Rex title was pretty boss. Guess they have a new follower. :burger:

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

I'd love to be able to say that Yuma Aoyagi totally won't lose the belt to Suwama; leading to even more Kento vs. Suwama. But, current times have me very jaded. :gibs:

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Kento getting his whole, entire rear end whooped was a great Christmas present holy poo poo.

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

I like Jake Lee. I'm glad he's in important fights for world titles. :blush:

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Apr 16, 2024