Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Raffles posted:

Acsoridng to the Observer/F4W site TAKESHI MORISHIMA wrestled a dark match on Raw against Charlie Haas. The mind boggles.

This news will really mean something if he drops the belt sooner than later. Then again I'm probably thinking in American wrestling ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Holy poo poo are guys in Japan dropping left and right?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Ditch posted:

Delirious beat KENTA with the Bizarro Driver in a singles match today.

How come there's no :psyduck: emot with a Delirious mask?

That wasn't the most bizarre thing I heard recently about a KENTA match. A friend of mine told me he had a match under 2 minutes against Ricky Marvin that KENTA won with a Punt ala Orton. Has he been doing the Punt a lot recently or was this a new thing for him?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Wazzu posted:

Delirious didn't even win with one of his 3 finishers.

Also, team 3d are the new japan tag champs for no good reason.

They just gained it back in TNA from the British Invasion. It was them or Steiner/Booker or Robert Roode and James Storm.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Okay I lost it when I saw that it didn't say Back Drop, but Back Dorp.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Korak posted:

I did some searching and found a shirt labeled Kenta Kobashi Lariats Mars but can't get a larger pic of it because their website is down. Someone make this happen.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

weekly font posted:

Just watched Sano v. Liger from 1-31-90 and holy poo poo. So brutal so ahead of its time yet so in line with the awesome Japan was pumping out in that era.

I think there were two earlier ones too that we just as good. Or well at least I liked them.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

dusty udder smoker posted:

in 30 years puro matches will be like fights from dragon ball.

Well the wrestlers have been powering up for years, its just a matter of time til one of them have their hair turn yellow and they burst into flames.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

45ShadesOfDeath posted:

That hurts my brain. Marufuji is one of my favorite wrestlers but it pains me to think he would use something as dumb as the australian suplex and win with it.

To be fair its not like TigersMask is a series wrestler. Dude's gimmick was based of the Tigers baseball team over in Japan.

For KENTA I don't have an explanation.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
After watch round two of the J-Cup I need to ask, who was that commentator who threw a punch at Dino? Also was it me or did that Slice Bread(forgive I no not the Japanese name) and the Australian Suplex spot look like it was more two botches in a row?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

FishBulb posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuucking A

YOUR FACE GONNA BE MASH POTATOE

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

There is a link in that article entitled RIP. Its a list of dead wrestlers this decade and from 2000 to 2009 the lists get larger and larger. \

:smith::smith:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

coconono posted:

uh? who?

The Second coming of Akebono

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

coconono posted:

Next you're gonna tell me that Muta is in the best physical shape of his career.

But Muta is injured. :confused:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

Antonio Inoki is giving us Bob Sapp vs. Necro Butcher.

May 9.

Well this will be something...

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Ditch posted:

CC is correct. Bret vs Misawa is not good and I know it's hard not to want to see it but it just doesn't work. But it's still better than the Steamboat vs Misawa '89 disaster.

This was The Hitman Vs. Tiger Mask right? I kept seeing pictures around of it and to be honest those pictures are what started my like in the Tiger Mask gimmick.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Wazzu posted:

He became Tiger Mask in 1995, for god's sake. He's 39 and has nothing else but this gimmick.

That's why he won't let it go.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

Did anything actually happen that lead to them breaking up, or was it just both guys moving on?

KENTA and Marufuji's team broke up because they kept arguing over who had better hair.

The answer was Kota Ibushi btw.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

ChampRamp posted:

Who in the blue hell is Strong Man?

A guy in CMLL that looks like Scott Steiner and Rob Terry had a freak baby.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Ditch posted:

Inoki's chin is obscene in that pic where he's in front of a microphone. Wow. It's like he grafted a lump of flesh onto his face.

The cartoon character's chin is hilariously huge too.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

When did this happen?

When Omega tossed him into a turnbuckle wrong.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I know this might seem like a weird question, but in which Sano Vs Liger match did Sano do an Irish Whip but instead of letting go he wrenched Liger's arm?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The one you asked for that skyliner couldn't find/didn't have:

One that I thought went better with an image of a guy kicking someone in the throat so hard that it makes the other person spit blood:

And of course the Comedy Option:

If you want a different color just say.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Illinois Smith posted:

In other news, Michael Nakazawa has formed a new DDT group.

It is called The poo poo Heart Foundation.

Is Michael Nakazawa playing the role of Butt the Shitman Fart?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Oh my Bob Sapp and Bobby Lashley teaming up? I've got to see this.

I honestly don't know who to ask for in a match though Ditch.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Ditch posted:

That's a typical Japanese table.

Yeah, he's just lucky the table actually broke somewhat.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Ditch posted:

NOSAWA, the omnipresent mediocrity, managed to do four crimes within the span of a minute.

He was drunk, and wanted a taxi ride to his hotel. Taxi driver didn't know how to get there (this is common for some reason) so NOSAWA argues with him, gets out, opens the driver's door, pulls the driver out, and starts driving for a little ways until the cops pull him over. So:

-Assault
-Drunk driving
-Stealing a taxi
-And he didn't have his driver's license

Now, let's see if he goes to jail before Jeff Hardy!

Isn't he supposed to have a tag match with MVP soon?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

A billion stars.

this.

How can I give DDT my money for this?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

Marufuji... :negative:

NOAH is cursed I tells ya, CURSED!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Looks like it was part of 666 Pro too.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

apsouthern posted:

I'm watching a Dragon Gate DVD at the moment (Best of Wrestle JAM volume 1) and there's a three way ladder match between Jack Evans, Genki Horiguchi & Akira Tozawa.

I only know Tozawa from CHIKARA and he looks completely different, to the point I don't recognise him. Can anyone confirm he is the same guy, and the Tozawa name isn't just a gimmick they pass on.

He's had a lot of drastic attire changes. Does he have black hair here?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRayPer posted:

No but if Barnett beats Lashley he gets Lashley's guaranteed title shot in TNA.

Which one?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Who is Tiger Mask 5 and is he any good?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

Minowaman.

Hasn't used the gimmick since October I don't think.

Oh Tiger Mask V is Minowaman? That's great.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Fat Tiger Mask is actually the First Tiger Mask.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MrMondayNight posted:

Sayama put the mask back on? Or just a photo-op?

He wrestles as Original Tiger Mask or King Tiger every now and then.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

coconono posted:

watching the IGF parts on the Dream NYE card. Schiavello should call more puro matches. He's really good at it.

What were the matches.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

apsouthern posted:

This week's freebie at IVP features everyone's favourite Executive Vice President of Talent Relations and Interim General Manager of Raw

http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=7837

Sure are a lot of tag matches.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

coconono posted:

Colt mentioned they won some sort of award.

An award for Deadest Gaijins After a Match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

Kind of excited for this!

What am i looking at?