Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

epitasis posted:

I don't know that it was ever made explicit that they passed on him. He came through then went home, maybe he expected an offer on the spot and they didn't extend one for five weeks. Would "Major League" or its equivalent be something people would use to refer to NJPW?

Meltzer noted that it may have been more that his contract with NOAH wasn't up until a few days ago. The May shows he's doing are per-appearance deals as a farewell mini-tour. But he's either going to WWE or NJPW, obviously. (Watch me be proven dumb and he shows up in TNA, pinning Eric Young for the World title before jobbing to EC3 the same night.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

AJPW have booked Hellboy, as in the comic book and movie character for their next Korakuen. Kento will defend the Triple Crown against Naoya Nomura and Violent Giants will defend against Zeus and Ryouji Sai

https://twitter.com/PKDX/status/1163314856038023168?s=19

Quoting this so it doesn't get buried, because :psyduck:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Battle royal (maybe even two?) and a bunch of multi person tags?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

HARD but not TOUGH. 5/10 wrassleman.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

I haven't followed Kento in a while but he doesn't strike me as the fireball and fork type.

I assume they're more going for the unstoppable champion thing, like Okada before Omega beat him, or PAC before Ben-K... Oh poo poo, STOP THE BASTARD would've been great!

J-Ro posted:

https://twitter.com/PumaKingOficial/status/1178502532580159489

Is this possibly the best championship title in pro-wrestling?

Aubrey continues to be the best ref in the business, her 'WTF is this poo poo' face while holding up Su Yung's arm is the best.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
JUST SELL OUT

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And the Noah deal probably fell apart for similar reasons, they're now owned by the same group as DDT which seem more AEW alligned.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SG Bamboo posted:

Absolutely fair, Onita knows how to make cool looking explosions and should be consulted until the end of time

https://mobile.twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1388953383675912195

In fairness to AEW, their baseball bat spot looked fine, it was everything else.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SG Bamboo posted:

Not so far, Taekshita has just gone back to America and they've uploaded his Dark matches to Wrestle Universe with Japanese commentary. It was only announced a month ago, so assuming they've got some longer term plans

Takeshita did a match for Elevation last night. And Kenny seems keen to do something for DDT but the pandemic and his dumb broken body have gotten in the way

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Uemura is gonna be 5

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wider implications aside, who would it even be? Like, if it's just some random college sports meathead then it makes AJPW look even more low rent than their current position, and who's even in NXT that would be a big-ish deal? It can't be Dragunov or Dragon Lee because WWE aren't gonna let their champions do the job.

...it's gonna be Beepie, isn't it?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I could see Regal pushing for his boy to get a chance to wrestle in Japan, sure.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Good news everyone, the House always wins, by which I mean EVIL, Big Yuj and Narita will be wrestling the bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

https://x.com/Hi5ame/status/1787470059046117453

Wasting little time on getting that on the board. I'm sure it'll be great, Gabe is a psycho in the best way, Kaito is amazing, excited for it.

The thing is, it's NOAH and Kaito. I'm not sure Gabe doesn't win. Which in a sense is good and could build heat, but is also not a great thing for who should be one of their top homegrown guys.