Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
got a wrestle universe subscription the other day with the intent of getting into more puro as I kinda fell out of love with njpw

I'm catching up now on NEVER MIND and holy gently caress the yukio six-man is worth the price of the subscription alone, this match absolutely rocks

e: turns out it was nothing but bangers from that point on, especially the main

all credit to okabayashi but takeshita looked absolutely incredible, it was great seeing him again after his too-short aew stint

Barry Bluejeans fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Dec 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
catching up on DDT now, had to pause so I could mourn the murder of pokotan

rest well, sweet prince

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I guess Killer (née Karrion) Kross is going to NJPW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnm9L3tE2fs

the vignette, uh, does not inspire confidence

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
hot drat what a great match that was

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I can generally stretch my suspension of disbelief pretty far when it comes to wrestling, but sorry, I just can't buy the concept of an NFT having any value whatsoever

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
This is my first time watching GLEAT and I'm enjoying the show despite not being familiar with the performers, the three-way that just ended was a blast.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Neat finish to a fun match, I don't think I've ever seen a powerbomb out of the Muscle Buster setup before.

forkboy84 posted:

Dan Tamura & Rising HAYATO are both All Japan guys, Hayato Tamura is a GLEAT guy who started with TAKA Michinoku's Just Tap Out group before quickly graduating to ZERO1 & now he's in GLEAT & is cool & good.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
That was a great show, thanks to GWB for posting about it as I likely wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Boy you're not kidding about that New Japan card, I don't think I've ever seen a show with so much talent and so few interesting matches.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
This is my first time hearing of him, what's the word on why he quit wrestling? What little I could find out suggests that he was still pretty young (31) and had decent upside.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Yep, though I'm about forty minutes behind as I joined the stream late. Opening tag was good, watching the five-way elimination tag at the moment.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I'm watching and I can't believe how long the intro to the show is, it just keeps going

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Can't fault this Nakamura kid's eagerness even if he looks like he's fifteen or so

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Pretty crisp rolling underhooks with a nice bridge

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
lol at essentially no-selling the GTS

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I'm gonna go to TGI Friday's!

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Nope, they've only gotten through the first four matches.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I wish a Damnation T.A. vs. House of Torture match were possible just to see the teams spend the entire contest one-upping each other with increasingly creative cheating

e: That was great, felt a tiny bit stretched out to make it to the time limit but a terrific contest otherwise

Barry Bluejeans fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jan 3, 2023

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Whoa that reversal of the combination Superman pin was awesome

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
The third act might've been the best part, that being everyone turning on Pokotan after they discovered all the envelopes only contained one coin each.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
lol Bushi gets to be a big fish in a small pond at this GLEAT show and immediately turns into an rear end in a top hat

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I like what little I've seen of Gringo Loco so far, I'm a sucker for big guys who can do flippy poo poo.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Hell yeah, that main was great. Didn't at all anticipate the outcome.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Hino may not be the most talented wrestler in the world but I'm oddly compelled by him and his weird outie bellybutton

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

fez_machine posted:

the recorded voice of Takeshita just asked all the sauna boys to kiss each other to the delight of the majority female crowd

Trying to take a piece of the vaunted Thirsty Ladies demographic from Dragongate

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1626906864825909248

:allears:

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
With any luck it'll be Kingston and that'll be the last we see of Pheremones

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

SG Bamboo posted:

Eddie's already teaming with Uncle Jun on that show to face DAMNATION T.A

Oh neat, that should be a blast

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Brookes: *crushes Ono Michio's head with a double stomp*

Kiryu: Oh no!

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

:nallears:

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Kiyomiya's gonna defect to the States like a Cuban baseball player

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Bonk posted:

I spent the last few months making a documentary series about the infamous Ultimo Dragon picture, and I just posted the final part today. Check it out if you want some weird belt history balanced out with my weird humor.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHX36rkFHZQvqiMr7NYMoQ0ypMKMAyGKG

Good work, that was a fun watch! First time learning about the J Crown.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Upside is that he'll likely no longer have to go on the Carrying Mutoh's Bags Humiliation Tour

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
lol Inamura looks thrilled

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
That sounds like Onita all right

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Watching this Ganbare show and giggling as commentary repeatedly says one of the few Japanese words I know (otousan) as Dan the Dad makes his debut

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Katsumata/Okatani was a perfectly good deathmatch but it was a hell of a choice to have Katsu retain on a flash rollup, maybe the language barrier is preventing me from understanding a story element that makes that make sense

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Casual MJ Paul disturbs me on a primal level

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

The company's new, fresh-out-of-college VP and his dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017