Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Is Albert as worthless as one would assume? Or has he turned into the new Scott Norton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Ditch, I'm not sure if you still have the time for tape dealing but would you be willing to do us folks with less Puro goodness a favor? I know you have some good guides on your site, but would it be possible for someone who wanted a tape to send you 25 dollars and you'd put on whatever you think is essential AJPW and NOAH?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I've wondered about this for awhile and have never really found an answer. What in the hell was the logic behind the electrified barbed wire match that was held.. in the rainforest? Both business wise and storyline wise I just have never been able to wrap my mind around that one. It would've made sense if it were an extreme attempt at avoiding run ins, but there were run ins... and then there's the question of why a company thinks a rain forest match is going to be a big fan favorite.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

I don't even know what you're referring to but if it happened in the '70s :350:

It was I believe Onita Vs Tiger Jeet Singh in 92 or 93, The Sheik and Sabu ran in and beat down Onita after it.

And since Tiger Jeet Singh was in it you just know it is a ***** work rate spectacle. I was hoping to finally know what in the gently caress they were on when they booked it. :(

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Captain Charisma posted:

No pun intended, but there will be a styles clash. TNA is laughably billing Tanahashi as a high flyer.

American audiences won't notice.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/46278
New column: New Japan imploding! Black Cat dead! Akebono vs Lesnar in tag action! READ IIIIITTTTT!

I needed a good laugh today.

Oh New Japan.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That is the second craziest game show I have ever seen.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Ditch, any impressions on PuroDVDSource's Best of 2005?

For 12 bucks it seems like a steal, but seems a bit short...

http://www.purodvdsource.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=3894

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Feb 7, 2006

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

Well that's just volume 1 silly ;-* And you're dealing with some long-rear end bouts.

That volume is only matches which received a decent amount of praise. I'd say half of them are overrated but then I'm pickier than most. Disc 2 is solidly better but disc 1 has more important matches. Put another way, everything there is good and/or significant.

I assumed everything was long, but you never know with SOME tape/DVD sites that'll sell you an hour and a half's worth of content as a full tape.

I love spending money.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
ROH is running a 50% sale on Japanese Merchandise.

https://www.rohwrestling.com/shoponline.asp?point=products&catid=211

Who cares right, it is just a bunch of crummy shirts and action figures. WRONG. Check out the DANGER MUTA IN CAR! shirt, which every man should own. I was also tempted to buy a Kawada "Stiff Intenseness" shirt to wear to $pread magazine events.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

cortXbomb posted:

I considered the Muta in car and man of love shirts, but they might be a little too weird.

That's why I like it, it doesn't look like a wrestling shirt.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

If they're 50% off now, I have a feeling they'll go lower eventually. ROH has bought those shirts and I doubt there's going to be a surge in All Japan support in the US any time soon. Ditto New Japan. Ditto Dragon Gate shirts in MEDIUM. I mean what ROH fan in the world can fit in a medium t-shirt?!

Skinny little virgins, some of whom are female and have a lot of acne and a love for the Hardys.

Hardy fans are such an interesting thing to study, as they are either huge, or twigs with no in between.

Was it racist of me to buy an XL Shirt figuring a Japanese Large would probably be a little tight?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/47555

THIS WEEK: NOAH headed for a disaster of a title match; more New Japan front office turmoil; no Tokyo Dome for NOAH? Go take a look whydoncha.

I get why that title match is a bad thing, but not why it would absolutely kill the company's momentum. Obviously it can't help, but is the whole scene in Japan on such dangerous ground that one bad big show kills public interest?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Ditch has there been any word on how Jack Evans title shot went? (Quality wise, results are obviously obvious.)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

Susumu Yokosuka just won the top belt in Dragon Gate from Saito, fyi.

Kojima is probably safe until summer, ditto Akiyama. Lesnar might lose the belt on his next defense, which is a week from Wednesday.

So they book him to handily beat his opponents only to have him drop the belt right after he gets this lawsuit settled? I know you said might, but still that'd be pretty silly.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Scott Norton will blow a hole into the top of the Stadium, then fly down to save NJPW from itself.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/48318
THIS WEEK: I talked to Jimmy Yang! And I look at a bunch of items!

On an unrelated note, Razor Ramon HG is shockingly good in the ring. I've now seen him on three HUSTLE shows and enjoyed them all. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~~

I always thought Yang was Korean and not Japanese.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Ok Ditch, here's a nightmare scenerio.

What is the likelyhood that NJPW or AJPW brings over Mark Henry if his contract runs out.

And what are the chances he manages to not totally suck like Giant Bernard has managed not to.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/48778

THIS WEEK: NOAH starts a crappy English-language site, what does it mean? Destroyer, why did he rule so hard?

Destroyer: I M :gay: 4 U

When you said crappy I didn't expect Geocities quality.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
A friend of mine is calling Kobashi vs Marufuji from the Budokan show is his MOTY so far. Is he nuts or is it that good?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Spring Navigation DVD showed up today, and wow.

The commentary is loving horrible. I guess it's more a problem of having non native English speakers doing the commentary but they'd be better off leaving the original commentary in.

It wouldn't be bad if the bootleggers weren't so cheap of an alternative, but its just a weird release. The DVD is only two hours long yet everything but the three feature matches are clipped.

I can't complain too much since Kobashi/Marufuji is pretty loving awesome, with Kobashi making him look like a real threat, and Marufuji doing an insanely rad springboard dropkick to the floor.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Get well Kobashi, but your fans know that if you wanted to you could just chop that cancer off your body.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

Well geez if they get the cancer out with surgery this week I don't see how that would be bad enough to preclude him wrestling in the US. Unless even this requires chemo.

:(

Kawada called the office and told Misawa that associating with Round Eyed Imperialists gives you cancer.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

See the ROH money match now is Kobashi vs Jimmy Rave, after Rave renames his pedigree the Kidney Tumor '06. Building-melting crowd heat.

He'll rename his new Wrist Clutch Burning Hammer finisher that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

Da Meltz confirms that Lesnar quit New Japan, thus what happened.

Tournament tonight with Tanahashi, Tenzan, Nagata, Akebono, Bernard/Albert and Tyson Tomko to determine the new champ. If Akebono wins I will laugh and laugh.

What will you do if Tyson Tomko wins. poo poo?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

Tomko is a total job-boy, playing A-Train's lackey. It's more likely that Zombie Hashimoto will win.

That would be true if New Japan weren't making the stupidest decisions possible.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/50012
THIS WEEK: I don't think Samoa Joe will be in NOAH any time soon.

Thanks a lot mr. Bringdown.

When a girl asks how she looks, you tell her the truth don't you.

Although laffo at Joementum.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

Girls... :sweatdrop:

I can't help but be a realist, which helps stave off disappointment but makes it real hard to be a Bills fan.

Son, you need to realize the chances that knowing alot about Japan provides to get into the pants of the 1 out of 100 anime loving girls that are actually hot. Ignore the evil that is anime and just go for the gold!

Seriously, there are girls who like anime who are hot.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

:siren: Joe will be on the next NOAH tour :siren:

Joe E Legend aka Just Joe

Misuse of spoiler tags to toy with our emotions isn't cool :(

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Those Fujinami/Flair matches sure were weird in how dull they ended up, and the giant title cluster gently caress that ensued.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

HwoodNG posted:

I remember explaining that cluster gently caress a few months ago and nearly confusing myself. Several rewrites were required.

I remember knowing the general backstory, then reading your post and still wanting to punch my brain.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Marufuji winning the GHC title sure is a surprise.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

You can say that again. Boy, Akiyama has balls to book that. He's certainly no HHH.

This is actually the second title Marufuji took from him. The hardcore/openweight title changed hands via. countout.

Akiyama is always holding himself down! Damned NOAH Glass ceiling.

It is smaller and more efficent than an American glass ceiling. That's all I know.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

Enjoy some tunage:
http://www.madsplash.com

and for the more direct route,
http://www.madsplash.com/mp3/

I'm such a mark for generic puro music as opposed to generic WWE music.

Generic Puro music causes nostalgia for childhood time spent playing F-Zero so it will always be far better.

And Kobashi's themes are all great.

On Marufuji with the GHC, what if they work his matches like the Kobashi one? If you keep him working over a bigger man's weak spot it keeps his usual offense from looking as weak and overcomes the size difference.

Plus the Kobashi match was pure awesome so if he did more of that I'd be all for it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Capsaicin posted:

From Obsessed with Wrestling.

:wtc:

What the loving hell was this match?

This was likely the famous 6 man featuring Mike Awesome and Onita. The ring was in the center of a large pool and each team came out to the ring on dingys. It was an elimination match and each wrestler could be eliminated via pin, submission or being thrown in the pool.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

Of course when I spoke to random females they didn't even know Misawa :sigh:

New Japan fans eh?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Ditch, how much would Puro benefit from AJPW going belly up. The talent pool would be less dilluted (obviously AJPW doesn't have a ton of talent left, but it still could be used for bolstering other companies) so I'm not totally sure how much of a difference it'd make.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

I think NJ is in more trouble, actually. I don't think puro as a whole would be too terribly effected, we really need to see two of AJ/NJ/Zero-One/Muga gone and the talent dispersed among whoever's left before there's a significant change. Even then there's only so much new/extra talent anyone is interested in.

Huh?

With how difficult it is for one of these companies to actually go out of business, the chance of two going under are pretty much nil?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

I left out that AmDrag owned them both :c00l:

Since Am Drag beat both of them and Cena beat Am Drag does that mean that Cena should be GHC Champion????

I THINK SO!

All Japan is clearly too poor to make three replacement belts so instead they will make one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
How realistic would it be for ROH to run a doubleshot in Japan next year? Gabe has such a hard on for the titles being defended in Japan and with the announcement that Kobashi "would never appear in the US again" I've been wondering if he plans to run Japan eventually and get Joe vs Kobashi II in along with jizzing as the ROH title is defended on Japanese soil. Obviously it'd be really expensive, but in 12 months Japan will have seen Joe/Morishima on TV, so the time might be right even though such a tour would be really expensive.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Oct 20, 2006