Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
I watched the Kawada vs Hashimoto match, and although it was not great, I really like the camera shot where the ring looks like a diamond and I wish I could see it come up during American matches. Reminds me of Fire Pro :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ptu...Puroresu%20Puro

I was watching the Lesnar/Akebono DREAM MATCH on youtube, and bah gawd do I understand why it tanked. Both of the guys display no signs of tension, drama, or energy. Lesnar keeps doing loving sleeper holds when he should be pummeling the gently caress out of Akebono. Akebono should be wearing something that hides both of his manboobs. Both of the guys are way too soft on each other during at least half the match.

I wasn't around when Lesnar was the big thing in the WWE, but here he just seemed totally misused. Shame.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
I'll have that punk guest writer know that Chris Masters CAN work his rear end off okay :mad:

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
I don't know about you guys, but I love that camera angle that NOAH likes to use so much: The one where the camera is basically over one of the ring post, making the ring look more like a diamond than a square. I feel like it adds a whole new level of depth to the squared circle that you don't really get with just a side camera.

As an example, see the KENTA/Danielson ROH match posted earlier that had been given the NOAH treatment. That one overhead angle that's never used in any ROH video that I've seen in the past not only looks really loving nice, but it also gives a good overview of where the wrestlers are situated in the ring. Why don't we see it more often in American wrestling? Does NOAH have a patent on that diamond angle shot?

Furthermore, I'm slowly digging KENTA more and more, mainly thanks to the little Sonic the Hedgehog finger waving that he does when he's in a submission hold.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
Ditch, am I looking at this wrong, or did I just download two hours' worth of wrestlers singing Christmas carols in Japanese, and doing skits that I assume to be funny because I don't get the language?

Because as awesome as that may be, it's still over 200 megs of wrestlers singing and doing skits in Japanese :smith:

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
Ditch, do you have any other Ebessan matches other than the 01-07-01 match Vs. Kamen? I loving love that guy!

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005

RheinholdMessner posted:

In Japan when a wrestler is blindsided do the announcers refer to it as a pearl harbour?
Do they say that here?

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005

Artemis Entreri posted:

Toshiaki Kawada & Shinjiro Ohtani destroyed RG & HG in 12 minutes, 46 seconds when Kawada viciously machine-gun chopped RG into oblivion.

Christ on a loving pony

loving poo poo, and I thought Danielson looked bad after his defense against Roderick Strong in Chicago back in '06... This is ten shades of awful :barf:

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
Yesterday, fellow goon Breadnought and I went to see the NJPW ROAD TO DESTRUCTION show in Niihama. We got to see Alex Shelley, Low Ki, Rocky Romero, Lance Hoyt and DH Smith. Also Nagata got beat up and thrown into our chairs. It was pretty loving awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
What kind of wrestler is Tanahashi? I saw him wrestle last week and he seemed like a pretty bland face. Does he have any standout feuds? Special highlight reels? Anything of note other than the air guitar and the fact that he got stabbed by an ex girlfriend 10 years ago?