Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chief Rebel Angel
Apr 10, 2003

by Fragmaster
I've always wondered this. What do the Japanese wrestlers who have toured America think about the fans here? There are obvious similarities and obvious differences, but have any of the Japanese stars ever commented on the crowds at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief Rebel Angel
Apr 10, 2003

by Fragmaster

Ditch posted:

If they have we wouldn't know about it... I mean they speak Japanese and all.

Oh. I was under the impression you read and spoke Japanese. I thought maybe you had read an interview here or there. My bad.

quote:

However I will point out that when KENTA & Marufuji teamed up in NOAH on April 2nd, the announcers mentioned their win in ROH over Danielson & Joe, along with the fact that KENTA pinned Danielson, the champ. :waycool:

That's very cool.

I've also wondered if Japan has its own little IWC with bitter smarks all over the place complaining about how Dragon Gate is too mainstream and how ROH is their favorite promotion or whatever.

Chief Rebel Angel
Apr 10, 2003

by Fragmaster

:laffo:

"What?"

"Who?"

"OH NO IT'S THE FAMOUS PRO WRESTLING CHAMPION, YUJI NAGATA!"

Oh man that's great. Do you know if that was really Nagata's voice? I bet it was.

Chief Rebel Angel
Apr 10, 2003

by Fragmaster

Ditch posted:

:dance:
http://www.puroresupower.com/

:kittyjig:
:420:

Gotta take the bad with the good I guess. :) :(

Glad to hear Kobashi's surgery went well. Sounds like they caught it early which is the most important thing.

I had no idea Japan's drug laws were so strict. And I thought we were bad enough here in the US. Van Dam and Sabu are lucky they work here.

Chief Rebel Angel
Apr 10, 2003

by Fragmaster
HOLY loving poo poo!

8/29 AJPW - Great Muta vs. Tajiri

:gizz:KASDJFHGKSDVJBSKEGKAEJSKEBSRKUGJBWEROGBAPODKAPOFJASEOPIWNHEOFWJEBNF:gizz:

Chief Rebel Angel
Apr 10, 2003

by Fragmaster

Ditch posted:

"Hiroyoshi Tenzan went on a verbal rampage in today's Tokyo Sports. Tenzan is furious at French international footballer, Zinedine Zidane, for stealing his headbutt to the chest move in the recent World Cup Final. The incident made headlines across the world, and it seems Tenzan isn't happy with it, as Zidane used one of his moves on the highest stage of sports. Tenzan claims to have it trademarked and screamed "loving Zidane!", then promised to kill Akebono with it on 7/17."

That is hilariously awesome.

:love: Tenzan :love:

Chief Rebel Angel
Apr 10, 2003

by Fragmaster

Ditch posted:

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/49878
THIS WEEK: New Japan & NOAH results; I take a look at the situation with Lesnar, New Japan, and NJ president Simon "Inoki". Scathing~

Good read.

This whole thing sounds like the script for a Yakuza movie directed by Guy Ritchie.

Chief Rebel Angel
Apr 10, 2003

by Fragmaster
Having spent a summer in Japan 10 years ago, I can safely say that no matter what bizarre (or non-bizarre) subculture you're a part of, there will ALWAYS be cute chicks who are into it too.

I specifically remember going to an arcade to play Street Fighter Alpha 2 (which I was actually good at) and getting my rear end handed to me by a really pretty girl. She was there with her boyfriend though. :(

Chief Rebel Angel
Apr 10, 2003

by Fragmaster

Ditch posted:

:siren: Urgent puro newsflash :siren:

Osaka has more hotties than Tokyo :flashfap:

Japan is truly amazing when it comes to women. I was there for a summer in '96, and 99% of the women I saw there were AT LEAST "cute".

Also I demand pics. Lots of them.

Of women.

edit: I don't know how much Japanese you speak, but just in case, the Japanese word for "picture" is pronounced "shya-sheen".

My Japanese is rusty, but I believe "shya-sheen ga eeee-des-ka?" is an acceptable way to ask for a picture.

Chief Rebel Angel fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Aug 17, 2006

Chief Rebel Angel
Apr 10, 2003

by Fragmaster

Ditch posted:

I already stand out enough as a pasty blonde gaijin, taking stalker pics of every pair of shapely gams is just going to get me tossed in the pokey. Plus some of them have boyfriends, and granted they all look like twigs but any random one could know just enough of the martial arts to make me regret my having crossed the Pacific. Which I'll be doing again in about 24 hours.

Obviously the ones with boyfriends require you to stand where they can't see you and use the zoom lens, duh.

Everyone else is free game. Trust me, asking for a picture is flattering. They'll eat it up. Just don't smile like a pervert.

Chief Rebel Angel
Apr 10, 2003

by Fragmaster
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2069818

Chief Rebel Angel
Apr 10, 2003

by Fragmaster

MassRayPer posted:

Pretty much. I bought the DANGER MUTA IN CAR shirt and an XL was about a US Large.

Backing this up. I have the DANGER MUTA IN CAR shirt as well as a Mutoh "You've Got To Fight To Your Life" (yes I spelled that correctly) shirt both in XL and they barely fit me.

Chief Rebel Angel
Apr 10, 2003

by Fragmaster

Ditch posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/fight/other/photo/200612/10/a07/p09.html
:aaa:

Hello new wallpaper!

Chief Rebel Angel
Apr 10, 2003

by Fragmaster

Ditch posted:

I'm trying to think of what non-TNA non-Dragon Gate ROH guys would be a nice fit in NOAH after they've used Nigel, AmDrag, the Briscoes and now Hero. Um.... Davey?

How do you think NOAH fans would respond to Delirious?

Chief Rebel Angel
Apr 10, 2003

by Fragmaster

Ditch posted:

New link for the NOAH thing:
http://theditch.com/noahchristmascomp.wmv

Give it a chance :shobon:

I can't decide which is better. This, or that video of Japanese wrestlers tearing down a house with their bare hands.

Chief Rebel Angel
Apr 10, 2003

by Fragmaster

Ditch posted:

I think we can just chalk things up to 'they think random English words sound cool together'.

This is mostly correct. The Japanese sometimes redefine English words to mean what they think they should mean and make them their own in a bizarre way. Sometimes they just get it wrong and don't know any better (Keiji Mutoh's t-shirt that says "You've Got To Fight To Your Life" is a perfect example).

But for the most part you summed it up quite well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief Rebel Angel
Apr 10, 2003

by Fragmaster

Ditch posted:

"HE IS VERY FIGHTING!"

This is awesome and your description for its creation is highly likely.

Having said that I would buy that shirt in a heartbeat.