Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Ditch posted:

Dragon Gate.

July 21st.

ECW Arena.

As fantastic as this could be, I hold my breath, as rumor is the show is partnered with PWU, aka the lovely lovely fed ran by Trent Acid and Johnny Kashmere. I feel scummy just thinking about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Ditch posted:

C'mon dude the Backseats were in all those four-star matches, like... um...

poo poo :(

Don't get me wrong, if I have to sit through A PWU match (1, that's it) for some sweet, sweet DGate live action, I'll do it, but if its just like CIMA, Shingo, and Don Fuji, plus PWU's "talent", I'm not so sure I'd be game.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Ditch posted:

Oh and PWU works hand-in-hand with RF.

:sigh:

edit: The entire promotion won't be running in Japan between 7/16 and 7/29. We're talking at least most of the roster here. Also, the 7/21 show is going to be run by DG, while 7/22 is PWU.

Actually, the PWU/RF relationship ended when Pedoboy started PW Elite...PWU's now aligned with Smart Mark Video (and has input from Mike Burns), but that hasn't necessarily helped with their shows.

I know the fed's off in that period, but from what Jae at DGUSA said, it looked like Dragon Gate was going to be BxB Hulk, CIMA, Shingo, Fuji, Evans, and Sydal...I'd love to be wrong, though.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Ditch posted:

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/49179

NOAH 7/16: Takayama & Kobashi vs Akiyama & Misawa :kittyjig:

gently caress my balls, that match will be nutty. I hope Takayama goes full time, if just for a rematch with KENTA. Is NOAH still doing a dome show this year?

And I just realized, reading the top post on this page, that you're behind the AJPW/NOAH archives. Thanks for that, man. Allowed me to catch some AJPW stuff I didn't have on DVD.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Ditch posted:

No Dome show this year, they just don't have anything big enough for it.

Hot drat, ah well, no big loss. Just one less show to buy this year.

I was thinking they might do a big show at the Dome where the next gen (KENTA, Marufuji, Morishima) finally gets to succeed over the old guard, but that's kinda the general theme of the booking this year (or so it seems), so I guess they'd rather spread that out, versus all on one show.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Any idea of this change had a result on business for NOAH? I figure between that and KENTA/Marufuji's excursions, there would be a problem drawing.

And hey, KM.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Ditch posted:

Update on the above: Gabe has agreed to an interview! So gimme some puro-related questions to throw his way.

Will DGUSA attempt to build a working relationship with the talent from NOAH (or other companies), to give us multi promotional matches like those seen at the Ring of Honor Japan shows?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

From today's Observer...

quote:

Seven wrestlers from CHIKARA Pro, Fire Ant, Soldier Ant, Crossbones, Chuck Taylor, Ultramantis Black, Shane Matthews and Jagged, will be appearing for Big Japan from 6/9 to 6/14.

Guess the rumors were wrong on some of the names (Kingston, Quack, etc.)

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Ditch posted:

Quack has to be going. That's confusing.

To be fair, he's supposed to have semi-major back surgery this year...maybe he dropped out for this?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

All that's important at this point is that the Dragon Gate offices are planning on issuing an official statement.

I think we can hold off the pitchforks and torches until then, yes?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Wazzu posted:

So what do you think the CIMA- doi title vs title match will end in?

If there's any justice, Doi goes over clean, new main event ace is made.

Realistically, CIMA goes over, then beats up every member of World 1 himself.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What's Sasuke up to, if anything?

Still runs Michinoku Pro, just did a match in Dragon Gate.

Crazy as ever.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I’m still holding out for a Dragon Gate service. Maybe with Toryumon archives?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What's Nakajima up to?

Still in NOAH, I believe?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

https://twitter.com/David_Stepp/status/1047088635609276416

He's back!

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I mean, I get the 'squared circle' gag for the logo, but it's 1000% 'We're Now Owned By A Web Company So We Must Look Like We Provide a SaaS Service'.

And the loss of the Emerald Green is a loving shame.

EDIT: It looks WAY better in the context of a promo image.

blast0rama fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Mar 6, 2019

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I saw some coverage of the NOAH relaunch show and it sounded interesting, especially the main. Any idea when it’s airing/where to watch?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Appreciated, thank you!

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Sounds like they hired a lovely attorney

Not that it's an excuse, but I was pretty sure that Highspots (who runs WrestleCon) is/was owned by an attorney.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I'm just glad that DDT gave us the match we wanted during every single one of those WCW Nitro Spring Break shows.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

coconono posted:

wasn't it Iheartdg that had all the TV shows up for streaming? Or am I thinking of another site?

That was the defunct Open The Dragon Gate.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Venomous posted:

Also, AJPW's new president is afaik adapting NOAH's business model for their purposes, and I doubt they'll go as far as NOAH this year, but I'm confident they'll make a steady rebound outside Tokyo somewhere along the line

What is that business model, anyway?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I’m not sure if we should be reading into the name having Japan in it now?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

probably a legal thing.

most notable about the logo is probably going to be new title (the pretzel dragon was all over the current ones and some of them are in real rough shape), and the crest on the dragon's brow has been both the toryumon and ultimo logo since forever. dragon kid and k-ness had variants of that crest on their early masks/gear.

Makes sense. I am indeed happy to see the TMon lineage get totally absorbed.

My hope of hopes (as someone who used to have every episode of Vamos Amigos on VHS), is that this further embrace of the Toryumon-era this year results in a massive dumping of older content on the Dragon Gate Network, but I'm just gonna assume we'll keep seeing 1-2 99-00-era events uploaded per month.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Good lord, I didn’t even recognize Necro in the thumbnail.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

How’s Jae doing on commentary?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

drat. Here I hoped Yoshino was in the clear. He will go down as an all time great, though.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

That's so freaking cool. BJW isn't necessarily my favorite puro company, but I'm so glad to see such a staple land on more stable footing thanks to their fans.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Mildly warm take: Dragon Gate's 2020 class are the best rookies in the world and it's not even particularly close.

Second. Dragon Gate continuing to overdeliver under the radar.

If their streaming site weren’t so expensive/weird, I think they’d blow up in the US again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Eita's going freelance.