Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war
For those wanting to see the FUUU~ for themselves, http://www.youtube.com/w/Haado-Gei---Glamorous-Sky?v=6b7gQQIwcng

Holland Oats fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 13, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Lone Goat posted:

Can anyone explain to me what the hell I just witnessed?

You just watched Razor Ramon HG and his Hard Gay Dancers.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Hey Ditch, the Low Ki matches and the Alex Shelley match are expired. Could you upload it to rapidshare?

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Check out what I found on youtube.

http://youtube.com/w/Dragon27s-Gate-anime-opening.?v=cSdTYKJ2H08

I wonder what kind of kid movies Magnum Tokyo-kun does.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

dokomoy posted:

How good of a wrestler is Jack Evans? I've only seen a few of his matches, but as far as I can tell, he does awsome flips and nothing else. Can he strike or grapple or suplex or ??

He's a graduate of the last Hart Dungeon class, so I'd assume so. I haven't really seen it myself.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Ditch posted:

I've got a bunch of Dragon Gate shows but everything is in xvid and I don't know how well I'll be able to clip out matches and convert to .wmv :(

I've always wondered why wmvs are so popular with the net tape trading crowd. Why do they need to be converted at all?

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Ditch posted:

Dragon Gate.

July 21st.

ECW Arena.

Holy poo poo. Is that part of their America/Mexico/Japan tour?

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Hey Ditch, could you do something about the links to your archives on Inside Pulse? I'd like to read your old stuff without having to go through all the other columns. Great work, by the way. I'm not usually one to read online wrestling columns, but I've found your writing to be really entertaining and interesting.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

What's Kenta's Touch the Sky?

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

I just finished watching Marufuji/KENTA from the 29th of last month and good God, what a match. If that's the result of Japanese wrestlers breaking kayfabe and openly trying to put on MOTYCs, then everyone should follow their lead. I can honestly say that it's better than anything ROH has put out this year and that's no small feat. I think that what stood out for me, besides the amazing-looking and unbelievably creative spots was Marufuji's selling throughout the whole thing. Just the way he would sound like he's retching his guts out after Kenta kicks him or clutching his chest like he's having a heart attack after one of the many crazy moves in the match made everything seem so real and involving.

Holland Oats fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Nov 10, 2006

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Crossposted from the DVDR boards, KENTA/Marufuji: http://www.sendspace.com/file/3spbq3

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

When did Marufji lose the vanity mask?

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

It'll take CIMA what, a month to recover from his hair vs. hair match?

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Ditch posted:

If KENTA vs AmDrag is indeed 'all that' I'll host a high-quality version of it :keke:

Please do. :)

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

I've never really looked at the schedule for a puro tour before. Jesus, that looks grueling. I know that they take breaks but how can they put out such high quality matches over such a short period of time? I remember the Wrestlemania weekend triple shot for ROH messing up the roster pretty bad. How do the Japanese wrestlers do it on a regular basis?

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

cortXbomb posted:

I'm watching the IGF show now and so far it's great. I'm up to the tag match with Tamura.

I hope they run more shows 'cause I love this style of working.

I totally agree. The three UFC PPVs I watched bored the poo poo out of me but the IGF show is unbelievably good. I especially liked the tag match. So it's a mix of puro with MMA? Like, the El Blazer/Romero match is obviously booked, but the Randleman/Otsuka fight wasn't?

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Well then, Jesus. I used to feel bad for people who had to take Roderick Strong's chops, those kicks that were being dished out were on a whole other level.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Hey Ditch, what did you think about Marufuji/Ifushi vs. KENTA/Ishimori? I enjoyed the heck out of it and I was wondering if it's an MOTYC for you.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Wow, Ricky Marvin looks really gross with a shaved head. I thought that was SUWA in the six man tag at the ROH Tokyo show at first.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

HulkaMatt posted:

Ditch I request you get this match on your site asap.

Seconded. Screw the haters, the previous Marufuji vs. KENTA was awesome.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

So why did Trevor Murdoch get released anyway?

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Holy poo poo, CIMA's contract expired? What do you think he's going to do, Ditch?

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

HulkaMatt posted:

"Change"

Nakajima should be in that stable because his boots look like the Obama logo.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Ditch posted:

Poster for NJ's next big show:
http://i40.tinypic.com/ioosxx.jpg

:psyduck:

Isn't Giant Bernard Jewish? I wonder what he thinks about all this.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Ditch posted:

They're small lucharesu guys, one of whom was Milanito Collection, and they're most known for being in the Mens Club group. I'm not big on 'em but I bet you'd at least enjoy them for a couple matches while their highspots are New 2 U.

In this match, they're not on Teioh's team, and they have mirrored color-coordinating outfits:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CJD1U7XI

Wow that match had a crazy pace. Good stuff, I didn't know that there were groups doing stuff as good as that besides Dragon Gate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Thauros posted:

It's not as major as the big Osaka show from Saturday (which you should def check out, it's on DM) but the card looks good. If you like watching ripped flippy dudes who occasionally do goofy poo poo, DG's definitely worth giving a shot.

First 4 matches should be solid but typical DG undercard stuff, last two could be great. The tag match features some of the best guys in the company and should advance the storyline from the PPV. Hulk and Tozawa were ex teammates in the heel Mad Blankey group (YAMATO's and KONG's team) and are now faces with different units. They agreed to team up for a special occasion after the title match Satuday, but Tozawa's stablemate Takagi doesn't seem thrilled with the idea.

The main event will also obviously have storyline ramifications as a stable will have to disband, and the match itself could be excellent. If

Are all those guys named Jimmy a running joke in DG?