Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Highly Respected SAS Wrestling Poster

Ditch posted:

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/45979
New Japan! Slashes contracts! Yoshie! And other New Japan wrestlers are gone! Akebono! Is in NOAH and that could lead to good things! DITCH! Applies his economics degree to analyze Japanese pro wrestling because he can't use it in a paying job! YOU~! Want to read this!

A good read as usual.

You mentioned loyalty being a big deal in puro. Do you think that the amount of griping, hold outs and departures have as much to do with new owners as it does the financial slashing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Bless YouTube forever. I just watched Takehiro Murahama & Jushin "Thunder" Lyger vs Naomichi Marufuji & KENTA from the 2003 GHC Jr. Tag Team Title Tourney Final and thought it was an incredible match with fantastic action, striking and near falls that made me think the match was over, and I knew exactly how the match ended already.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

I'm looking for the titles to 2 entrance themes:

The one Keiji Mutoh used during 2001

TenKoji, same time period.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Captain Charisma posted:

Ready for some weird news?

From puroresufan.com:

:wtf:

A bullshit story from the Japanese press? Well, I never. You might as well tell me Santa Claus isn't real.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

cortXbomb posted:

I'd buy the RO&D shirt based on design alone if it came in medium. (I just realized there are more than one, I mean the one with the grim reaper on the back that says "Hell awaits no remorse". That shirt in M would basically be the key to the city. If the city was metal chicks pants.)

This is the shirt I'll be purchasing. I've wanted to for a while, but I have trouble paying $35 for a t-shirt.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

thatguyclint posted:

I got a Dragon Gate Pro Wrestling shirt in XL at ROH this weekend, and it fit fine. Though I don't know if it was a US or Japanese XL. I guess the point of this is "Start a Dragon Gate/Toryumon archive, Ditch!" :(

My RO&D shirt in XL fits like a charm as well.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Ditch, I'm having a hard time with the fact that Albert could be IWGP champion. Any insight as to why this might not be such a terrible idea.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

MassRayPer posted:

When you said crappy I didn't expect Geocities quality.

At least it's not the Deep South Wrestling website.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Ditch posted:

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/49361
This week: Takayama's stroke explained, Muga promotion, Super Junior tourney wraps up, All Japan shows Prowres Luv~ to Hello Kitty. going cheap I think.

Wow, a Sprewell Rimz mention. His influence (sadly) expands.

Edit: Ditch, at best he's very high-strung and at worst, he's insane.

HwoodNG fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 28, 2006

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Ditch posted:

I can't wait to see how much NJ struggles to fill Sumo Hall when I go to Tokyo in three weeks.

I didn't know you were going back. How much wrestling are you going to see?

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Ditch posted:

I'm actually not that into anime but the thing is that wrestling shows at Korakuen are like 30% hot chicks and that is not even a little bit of an exaggeration :dance:

Like the ROH crowds in Dayton. Seriously.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Ditch posted:

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/50126
THIS WEEK: I get things in order before the Japan trip! I look at Kawada because I couldn't think of anything else to write about!

I demand pictures from your trip! :)

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

cortXbomb posted:

Lots of stuff with Hayabusa, Masato Tanaka, Mike Awesome. The commentary is in english and kinda lovely.

Kinda lovely? How about real lovely, especially on the first 4 releases. You'll enjoy the action if you mute the program.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

MassRayPer posted:

Those Fujinami/Flair matches sure were weird in how dull they ended up, and the giant title cluster gently caress that ensued.

I remember explaining that cluster gently caress a few months ago and nearly confusing myself. Several rewrites were required.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Please tell me there are plans for a Wild II v. KENTAFuji rematch.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Captain Charisma posted:

No, because Michaels' case was one where he could get surgery and come back. Angle needs career ending fusion surgery.

Fusion surgery isn't the end of the world, considering that's the exact procedure HBK had.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Ditch posted:

You can say that again. Boy, Akiyama has balls to book that. He's certainly no HHH.

This is actually the second title Marufuji took from him. The hardcore/openweight title changed hands via. countout.

Why so many GHC title changes since Kobashi's reign? Granted, Rikio was a bust and Taue was just a transition to get the belt of of Rikio, but I thought Akiyama would have kept it much longer.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Ditch posted:

It's been four title changes in a year and a half. Heck, All Japan did that with the Triple Crown on several occasions. It can't all be two year reigns.

You're right, it just seems more frenetic with Kobashi's reign fresh in our minds.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

I agree with Morishima looking like the MAN after that tag draw.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

I had a pretty cool experience last night.

My friend and I usually go out to the bar on Wednesday nights. Last night, the friend brought along his co-worker, who is a native of Japan. Somehow the conversation got to "Hey, HwoodNG likes the puro" and while the native had not followed puro in years, he seemed impressed when he mentioned the names of Baba, Inoki, Choshu and Jumbo and I immediately replied that I was familiar with their work. We briefly discussed how awesome Muta was in 89, Jumbo's early death and Japan's strict policy on drugs. Nothing too in depth, but I had never had the opportunity to speak with someone from Japan about their style of wrestling before, and it was a welcome opportunity.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Zach Arnold was on yesterday's Figure 4 Daily, and as you alluded to in your column, Simon Inoki v. Chono? :wtf:

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Clearly a ploy to deprive Suzuki of proceeds that could be gained from an Ebay auction.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

MassRayPer posted:

How realistic would it be for ROH to run a doubleshot in Japan next year? Gabe has such a hard on for the titles being defended in Japan and with the announcement that Kobashi "would never appear in the US again" I've been wondering if he plans to run Japan eventually and get Joe vs Kobashi II in along with jizzing as the ROH title is defended on Japanese soil. Obviously it'd be really expensive, but in 12 months Japan will have seen Joe/Morishima on TV, so the time might be right even though such a tour would be really expensive.

Josh Barnett v. Joe! Book it Gabe!

Barnett will be at a hypothetical event because he is otaku just like the rest of us ROH fans.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

I have a RO&D shirt that's an XL, and fits me fine (6' fit 195).

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

So, if 6-1-93 is the "lesser" of the matches with that quartet, I can't wait to view the other two.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Ditch posted:

There were eight :eng101:

Shows what I know. Will we be seeing all eight?

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Why did Sasaki wrestle 3 times on 1/4/01?

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

How long until the the M2K name is used again? I'll say 2008.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

David Ditch was released by Inside Pulse today. We wish him all the best in his future endeavors.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Should I be very excited for the 7 v. 7 elimination Typhoon v. MO'z match? Or just hopeful that it will be a good match?

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

TheDuelies posted:

Man, I first saw that match over a month ago and I've re-watched it about 3 times since then. Every time CIMA and Marufuji were in the ring together the crowd was buzzing and I was sitting on the edge of my seat.

Good stuff in that match, for sure.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Was that Romero/El Blazer match from today's Inoki show MMA-style?

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

If I Did It: OJ Simpson tackles the Chris Benoit tragedy.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Kato Kaelin to be played by Paul Diamond

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Any interesting backstory behind the Tokyo Dome show in 1990 with Hansen and Hogan on top?

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

MassRayPer posted:

"Witness the dumbest man on the planet face off against Misawa"

Sting is wrestling Misawa?

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Great interview.

I found this funny, courtesy dgusa:

quote:

23 Oct 2007 Dragon Gate - Europe

10/22/2007 IWW Dublin, Ireland
-Kid Cash{W}, Madman Manson (16:01 Vertical Drop Brainbuster) Keni'chiro Arai, Lupin Matsutani{L}

10/23/2007 After the IWW Show, At a Disco in Dublin, Ireland
-Irish Wrestlers (KO after 3 Hours) Keni'chiro Arai
*Drinking Shots Bomber (Whiskey, Vodka, Tequila)

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Awwwww...

quote:

DG and CIMA would like to thank the fans for the outpouring of support and worry over the injuries suffered by his groin area at the hands of Gamma. He will fight through the pain and participate on all shows.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Dave Meltzer's Christmas Mailbag!

quote:

Angle is a much better wrestler than Kenta. Kobashi is simply Internet hipe like Joe was until he was exposed in the semi-big leagues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

17 Jan 2008 Dragon Gate - 1/17 WrestleJAM

1/17/2008 Tochigi, Utsumiya Tochigi-ken Sougou Bunka Center
1. Yasushi Kanda{W}, Genki Horiguchi, Gamma (10:18 Low Blow->Small Package Hold) Ryo Saito, Anthony W. Mori, Human Tornado{L}

Balls of steel didn't make the trip over to Japan, I see.