Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Russ posted:

Oh no, A-Train has turned into MMA fighter Kimo.

I think he looks like Fat Joe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

NOAH has been rocking consistently since Kobashi's return in late '02, there are many many NOAH shows worth getting so it depends on how far back you're interested.

I've heard the 7/10/04 NOAH show is great (it had Kobashi vs. Akiyama which was rated (&#^*%@^$) in Figure Four Weekly). What do you think about the entire show?

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

Oh Tiger Jeet Singh.

Let us not discuss the logic of pre-Hayabusa FMW pls ok

Here's a shot from the 7/10/04 NOAH main event:

The main reason I want to see this match is because of this:

quote:

No sooner should I write this than Kobashi hit him with the scariest brainbuster I have ever seen IN MY WHOLE LIFE, a move which caused me to scream "OH MY GOD loving" before I caught myself and shut up so as not to awaken neighbors. Speaking of God, as He is my witness, you MUST see this brainbuster, as I am not exaggerating anything I have written here. They showed it from another angle and I have no idea how Akiyama didn’t break his neck.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

Tanahashi has talent but in most cases needs to be carried. I'd honestly say the same thing about Styles because I'm not a fan of spotfests, but in AJ's case at least he has said spotfests. When Tanahashi has an off night he's very bland because his offense isn't particularly great.

I would not expect much for Styles vs Tanahashi.

No pun intended, but there will be a styles clash. TNA is laughably billing Tanahashi as a high flyer.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hahaha New Japan is hosed.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

Next week: All Japan is dooooooooomed.

I can't wait! :dance:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ready for some weird news?

From puroresufan.com:

quote:

"Be afraid. Be very afraid. The front page of the newest Naigai Times says that Vince McMahon's WWE is making an aggressive attempt to buy out New Japan and make its biggest push into Japan yet. If this comes to anything, naturally I'll post an update..."

:wtf:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/47086
THIS WEEK: NOAH ran Budokan Hall on Sunday. How did they do? Also a link to like 3 gigs of free pre-split All Japan I'm hosting but don't mind that ;-*

:sigh: oh giant baba, how your promotion has fallen

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

HOLY poo poo! I got to interview Akebono!

...via a third party named Keith Lipinski.

Interview starts like 14-15 minutes in. Remove the X's for whichever version you want
xhttp://www.puroresupower.com/powerhour/shows/drkeith-3-17-2006.mp3
xhttp://www.puroresupower.com/powerhour/shows/drkeith-3-17-2006.m3u

THRILL to Akebono putting over TNA! CHILL to Akebono kayfabing it like a mofo! MARVEL at how he sounds as huge as he is!

hooray for dr. keith~!

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
What would you recommend to cure the failing Akiyama reign? Being put over by Kobashi? Dare I say, kicking out of the Burning Hammer, or would that just smack of trying too hard?

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Maybe because WMP seems to be the most popular media player?

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

NOAH will not be running the Tokyo Dome this year. The big July show will be in the Budokan, and they'll probably add one toward year's end. My suspicion is that they don't have confidence in Akiyama vs ______ drawing much, and in addition, they can't land Sapp or Kawada for a match with Kobashi.

Sweet Jesus, imagine Bob Sapp vs. Kenta Kobashi.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I want to see some skits of Sapp saying he's impervious to pain from chops or has such a giant neck that the Burning Hammer will have no effect or something.

Preferibly at the zoo again.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I think the Hip Hop Hippo might be getting the title.

Brock Lesnar + MMA + Doesn't want to tour = Prince Albert, IWGP Champion.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Wezlar posted:

I pray to the lord that somehow Brock vs Fedor will happen.

Brock would be slaughtered. People said he would probably lose to Bob Sapp, let alone Fedor.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
poo poo. That's after my surgery :(

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

Kobashi has a kidney tumor that could be cancer. He's having it worked on and is done wrestling until it's cleared up.

:(

If Liger could beat cancer, Kobashi can.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Also: KENTA. Training with Trevor Murdoch.

:psyduck:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah. He was Trevor Rhodes, right?

EDIT: By the way, according the Observer, ROH was trying to set up Joe-Kobashi 2, and it looked like it wasn't going to happen anyway when the cancer thing went down. NOAH called and said Kobashi will never wrestle in the US ever again.

Nut Bunnies fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jul 7, 2006

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

MassRayPer posted:

Misuse of spoiler tags to toy with our emotions isn't cool :(

Don't shoot the messenger :v:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

ZACH ARNOLD SEZ I AM WRONG. I say he is wrong. Only one of us will be proven right in the future!

http://www.fightopinion.com/2006/09/01/kurt-angles-future/

DITCH IN THE COMMENTS posted:

Angle is burned out but he isn’t into Bret Hart or Dynamite Kid territory.

I've heard he's REAL bad. I mean, REAL REAL bad.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

I think Angle can take time off ala Michaels, heck maybe less time, and be fine. Bret will never be able to return, Dynamite after a certain point was the same and he was going at like 20% by the end.

No, because Michaels' case was one where he could get surgery and come back. Angle needs career ending fusion surgery.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

HwoodNG posted:

Fusion surgery isn't the end of the world, considering that's the exact procedure HBK had.

Yeah, but the surgery he needs would end his career.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
NEW GHC CHAMP~!

quote:

NOAH, 9/9/06 (NTV/G+)
Tokyo Nippon Budokan

1. Mushiking Terry beat Atsushi Aoki (12:13) with the Mist Crash.
2. Scorpio, Joe Legend & Ace Steel beat Akitoshi Saito, Masao Inoue & Kishin Kawabata (14:28) when Legend used a modified sidebuster on Kawabata.
3. Takuma Sano & SUWA beat Tamon Honda & Tsuyoshi Kikuchi (10:02) when SUWA used the FFF on Kikuchi.
4. Kentaro Shiga & Yoshinobu Kanemaru beat Mohammed Yone & Ippei Ota (14:11) when Kanemaru used a brainbuster on Ota.
5. KENTA & Katsuyori Shibata beat Akira Taue & Go Shiosaki (14:29) when KENTA used the Touch the Sky on Shiosaki.
6. Mitsuharu Misawa & Yoshinari Ogawa beat Bison Smith & Keith Walker (12:47) when Misawa pinned Walker after a union Emerald Frosion.
7. Takeshi Rikio & Takeshi Morishima beat Yoshihiro Takayama & Takashi Sugiura (22:55) when Rikio used the Muso on Sugiura.
8. GHC Heavyweight Title: Naomichi Marufuji beat Jun Akiyama © (27:29) with the Perfect Inside Cradle to become the 10th champion.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

You can say that again. Boy, Akiyama has balls to book that. He's certainly no HHH

Heh, the ROH board is full of quotes about how Misawa and NOAH must have hated the reign or something and this is punishment.

Also they think Nigel has a chance of winning the belt :hurr:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

HwoodNG posted:

Why so many GHC title changes since Kobashi's reign? Granted, Rikio was a bust and Taue was just a transition to get the belt of of Rikio, but I thought Akiyama would have kept it much longer.

He was flopping.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Raffles posted:

Is it just me or is NJPW becoming more and more like a north american promotion?

You just noticed this?

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Raffles posted:

This makes me unbelievably happy. Hope he's booked strong, considering he's got singles victories over the two guys who just headlined their last big show.

I can't see him doing anything but working with juniors.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

The point of the first two shows was to make Akiyama into someone who was a 100% threat to Kobashi and Misawa, as opposed to someone who could hang but was a step behind.

About 10 years too late for that, huh.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
TOKYO SPORTS AWARDS~!

MVP - Minoru Suzuki
Match of the year - KENTA vs. Naomichi Marufuji 10/29 Budokan Hall
Tag Team of the year - Voodoo Murderers
Most Outstanding - Naomichi Marufuji
Fighting Spirit - Hiroshi Tanahashi
Best Technical - CIMA
Rookie of the Year - Razor Ramon H.G.
Comeback of the Year - Yoshihiro Takayama

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
New Jr. Heavyweight Champ in NOAH

quote:

SEM, 12/23/06 (G+)
Tokyo Differ Ariake
1,300 Fans

1. Taiji Ishimori beat Ippei Ota (9:23) via pinfall.
2. Kotaro Suzuki beat Atsushi Aoki (12:11) with a modified Tombstone Piledriver.
3. SUWA beat Tsutomu Hirayanagi (7:20) with the FFF.
4. Yoshinobu Kanemaru beat Ebesan Hansen (4:47) with the Deep Impact.
5. Mohammed Yone beat Ricky Marvin (10:23) with a Muscle Buster.
6. Takeshi Rikio beat Shuhei Taniguchi (11:37) with the Muso.
7. Naomichi Marufuji beat Go Shiosaki (15:25) with a modified reverse cross armbreaker.
8. Takeshi Morishima vs. KENTA went to a draw (20:00) when the time limit expired.
9. GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title: Tatsuhito Takaiwa beat Takashi Sugiura (22:31) with the Takaiwa Driver to become the 12th champion.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/fight/other/photo/200612/10/a07/p09.html
:aaa:

JESUS CHRIST :gonk:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

:argh: I was not crying or hooked on vicodin at the time :argh:

"Mr. Ditch said in a statement on the Something Awful forums that he was taking a break from writing columns to heal his fingers and spend more time with his family.

The hiatus lasted 3 weeks."

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Isn't Kawada a racist dickhead or something

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

MassRayPer posted:

His last WCW stint was booked by Vince Russo and involved Vampiro and a match with Kronik. He probably felt like he would be booed on principle.

Well he brought Kronik into All Japan so I can't imagine he didn't like them.

Which actually might say something more about Mutoh than the racism

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

Kurt Angle. New Japan. February 18th.

I bet he faces Giant Bernard.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Raffles posted:

Nothing out of the ordinary, but looks like a quite enjoyable show. Wish Briscoes could have held onto those belts for a bit longer.

They always seemed like transitional champions to me. I mean I doubt if one of their opponents were injured that they would have gotten them at all.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

I already have so much of it online in good video quality, and I have little doubt that more will be vidcapped this year. Patience!

Yeah I was about to buy a WON MOTY comp when I realized most are up on your sites :shobon:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

MassRayPer posted:

Can you confirm or deny the rumor that Misawa and Kawada are actually giant robots made up of several smaller robots?

Misawa is Goku fyi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
By the way, the Observer this week confirms that TNA is the one who told New Japan to book Angle in a match with Tomko. Dave thinks they are wasting Angle.

Am I the only one who finds it odd that a company like TNA is telling NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING what to do? And the fact that they are carrying over an American feud that only about 1 million people see each week?