Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artemis Entreri
Oct 2, 2005

by Peatpot
hey ditch remember in 2003/early 04 when NJPW brought in some huge muscle bound guy and labeled him the Great Muta with a blue/orange crazy lookin mask. Who was that and whatever happened to him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artemis Entreri
Oct 2, 2005

by Peatpot
isn't Koshinaka the guy who runs and hits people with his rear end and the crowd marks for it?

Artemis Entreri
Oct 2, 2005

by Peatpot
Angle vs. Tamon Honda, book it

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Also what was the biggest wrestling event ever booked in Japan? I know there was that one card in North Korea that drew like 120k+ but of course it's not Japan. Was it Inoki/Vader 94? 95?

Artemis Entreri fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Sep 4, 2006

Artemis Entreri
Oct 2, 2005

by Peatpot
IGF? Is this seperate from NJ and I thought Lesnar was stripped of the IWGP months ago? Have I been missing something in NJ the past few months?

Artemis Entreri
Oct 2, 2005

by Peatpot

Ditch posted:

Guys, don't watch Misawa vs Marufuji.

:(

the question is HOW can I watch this?

Artemis Entreri
Oct 2, 2005

by Peatpot

I have no idea what I just watched but it was probably the greatest thing ever. Wrestling and what appears to be a comic book like federation that was awesome. Also why is stuff subtitled in japan if it took place in japan to begin with?

Artemis Entreri
Oct 2, 2005

by Peatpot

linknumbers posted:

I just watched last night's tag match and it made me wonder two things: A) Why doesn't anybody even attempt to TRY to get licenses to produce the shows in america with English commentary? B) Does Kobashi age? At all?

I saw all the FMW dvd's that were remade with english commentary and I think it was awful there just seems to be no emotion in calling a pre-recorded match. I would be totally ok with the japanese dvd with just english sub-titles

Artemis Entreri
Oct 2, 2005

by Peatpot

Ditch posted:

JUST?! It would take waaaaaay more effort to have the announcers translated and subtitled than to get US announcers dubbed. Try to grasp how much verbiage is getting spat out every minute, and also keep in mind that much of it is wrestling terminology, which would further complicate getting it translated. And the shows are 150-180 minutes long, so it's more to translate than an average movie!

well i'm just an uninformed idiot :) I'm just basing it off those awful FMV dvd's that were put out

Artemis Entreri
Oct 2, 2005

by Peatpot
Just watched the NOAH main even show. Why did they bury Kobashi in his first match back? I would of assumed Takayama was going to take the pin but drat a Emerald Frosion from the second rope was sweet as hell

Artemis Entreri
Oct 2, 2005

by Peatpot

MassRayPer posted:

He's been out of action for a year and a half, which in Japan means you have a lot of ring rust and will lose because of it. Losing to the champion to an Avalanche version of his finisher is hardly being "buried" and it sets up a money match between Kobashi and Misawa after Misawa drops the belt.

Yeah I guess, I mean I guess I'm just looking at it like WWE having Cena come back and having him pinned in his first match back.

Artemis Entreri
Oct 2, 2005

by Peatpot

weekly font posted:

This is the difference between sports entertainment and puro. I'd say he held his own for a guy who just battled cancer and was out for over a year and it was far from a burial.

None the less it a great match and has furthered my interest in puro...can't wait to see what's next

Artemis Entreri
Oct 2, 2005

by Peatpot

Ditch posted:

I almost lost it during the entrance.

i just lost it

edit: as soon as the audience exploded screaming KO-BA-SHI! I would love a Mutoh/Kobashi singles match. Has it happened?

Artemis Entreri fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 5, 2007

Artemis Entreri
Oct 2, 2005

by Peatpot

Ditch posted:

I think it's something like 2-2-1.

Kawada/Kensuke from 2001/2002 was my personal favorite series

Artemis Entreri
Oct 2, 2005

by Peatpot
Toshiaki Kawada & Shinjiro Ohtani destroyed RG & HG in 12 minutes, 46 seconds when Kawada viciously machine-gun chopped RG into oblivion.

Christ on a loving pony

Artemis Entreri
Oct 2, 2005

by Peatpot
Seriously, what the gently caress is up with that picture? It looks like this blood vessel's popped look how dark it is around his neck. Does that even fully heal?

Artemis Entreri
Oct 2, 2005

by Peatpot
Ditch since you're the puro god around here do you speak any Japanese? I was watching one of my old puro tapes Chono/Nagata for the IWGP '02 and I noticed on the commentary there isn't a minute that goes by where one of them isn't going "Hai" in like 37 different variarions. Is that the equivalent of us going "yeah" or "ok"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artemis Entreri
Oct 2, 2005

by Peatpot
Anyone reason why people didn't move down to the better seats?