Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
that guy looks really pissed off about what the cotton candy booth gave him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Flameingblack posted:

Heard what was goin' on, agreed.

Soo.... hey. What's going on?

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
IVP had the same bad news :( And I don't get paid until after they're gone!

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

epitasis posted:

Meltzer says the belief is KENTA to WWE.

I can't wait for KENTA to trip on Ultimo Dragon's cape at Wrestlemania

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

oatgan posted:

Is Shiraishi the one who criticized New Japan for promoting worked wrestling matches

Wasn't that also in the same statement as intending to hire The Rock

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
I found out the really hard way that Inoki was a really good mat dude in the '70s and early '80s and a clusterfuck-booked glorious weirdo for the rest of his career. His match with Billy Robinson is still amazing, he got great matches out of other greats, but nothing screams out to me if I think about him with less-than-greats. Regardless, for being the "hulk hogan" figure of a country, dude had chops.

Figuratively and literally.

So very, very literally.

(e: he was also a clusterfuck-book machine when he was in his prime.)

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Fuji, Hosaka, Kanemura, and Hido are all still active, somehow, and probably all an ugly-rear end sight these days

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Anyone know what Chocoball Mukai's been up to? I'm afraid to search for that at work.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Jake Soo posted:

Oya does the Hokkaido circuit, Mammoth Sasaki wrestles for FREEDOMS, Kanemura and Kuroda still run Apache Army to less than 150 people and Gannosuke did a return to the ring.

EDIT: Ricky Fuji does matches for K-DOJO besides his dayjob as a gym owner.

oh my god super leather is still active somehow

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

a retard posted:

Is there any real reason why an FMW revival would actually draw when BJW already exists and Onita could probably serve as an ambassador there?

what EGG said, FMW was a fair bit more than it's remembered for/was marketed as.

this is gonna fail btw

has Kikutaro and Masato Tanaka, though, so there's that

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Match 5 is giving me a strange feeling.

Still gonna sadly wimper "Do the HUSTLE/Shoot style spirits never die..." in the rain, tho.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Oh my god why

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Nerokerubina posted:

i'd make a joke about Go Gundan coming back but i'm honestly not sure if it ever left

Ryuma Go's dead and we still can't be certain

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Nerokerubina posted:

that's what the aliens want you to think

I loving KNEW it!

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Flameingblack posted:

And TNA trading cards, of which Hulk Hogan was quoted as saying "I don't think he has any friends" about Samoa Joe,

I got a lil' Joshi figurine! I forgot who she is!

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Anyone here well-versed in the 1990s-2000s Japanese Indie scene? I need some help on a project.

I can pitch in a bit, though probably not as universally as you'd like.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Dude smashed a bundle of barbed wire into someone's chest and did a missile kick, off the top rope, square into the barbed wire.

Dude owned.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
DRADITION pro wrestling has finally done what fate intended: On the October 6th card, Masakatsu Funaki and Shoichi Funaki were put on the same team together. The Funaki Fun Club has become a reality. Dreams DO come true, dear friends.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
correction: the October 3rd card and, yeah, I didn't think he was that active anymore either, but:

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
"I'm markin' out, bro!"

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
FMW to W*ING, TripleSix, Apache, and split into a whole buttload of other dumb stuff post-mortem. W*ing to IWA-J, WAR to BJW , Apache to FREEDOMS.

Do we count FMW as a UWF Newborn branch because Onita created it out of spite? :pseudo:

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Jake Soo posted:

Shameless promotion aside, inspired by this thread, I'm currently working on a chronological flow chart of all major (and not so major) Puroresu promotions. include Bahu's FMW webpage, Japanese Wikipedia and countless back issues of Weekly Pro-Wrestling. Coming sometime. Maybe.

cool! I was working on a quick-n-dirty one a while back but I look forward to seeing one that had a drat given about it.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Ditch posted:

Whose Roids Reign Supreme?

If all four of them slam into each other at once, i bet it would cause a black hole

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Akebono was rushed to the hospital and is unconscious (comatose?)

http://news4wide.livedoor.biz/archives/2131144.html

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
God damnit, I knew there was something I was wanting to do last night.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Ditch posted:

Oh my god your av. Wow.

Thank you!

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
according to Atushi Onita's Twitter, Mr. Pogo has passed away.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
One time I asked the ivpvideos guy why so many of his older bootlegs called Dory jr. "some guy", and apparently Dory's wife started threatening literally anyone using Dory's name, possibly including reviewers but definitely including people selling legit VHS release of WWF shows on eBay.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

MassRafTer posted:

Suzuki is not in great shape for his age, he's not the wreck the other guys are but he's reportedly in a lot of pain and I doubt his brain is all there from the knockouts.

yeah, but by wrestling standards he's only 65 years young!

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

forkboy84 posted:

Well, that was absolutely loving bonkers nonsense and left me with a smile on my face. Even as it becomes more more obvious that Sasuke has absolutely no sense of self preservation.

The Great Sasuke is both Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner at the same time

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Ditch posted:

Have I mentioned how amazing your avatar is because :love:

I think you did when I first made it a few years ago, but thank you all the same!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

forkboy84 posted:

https://x.com/b3rt4/status/1773216621252739445?s=20

More names for Bloodsport Bushido

Assume everyone knows the top names. Modzmanashvili is an Uzbek wrestler who won silver at Heavyweight in the London Olympics, but was then stripped of the medal for doping. Mike O'Hearn was on American Gladiators?

He was legendary Battle Dome competitor, Mike O'Dell! And also he's like a Tiktok fitness meme that's crossed over with Karate Combat League or something.