Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
Here is an album I made and put on the internet for free.

http://soundcloud.com/night-trap

It's mostly bass versions of popular 90's songs, like something you'd hear in a hipster elevator or ravey grocery store. The whole project was inspired by a thread here about The KLF and The Manual, and years of experience as a frustrated dj trying to introduce something new and cool to people who only wanted to hear music they already knew by heart.

bad day fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jun 17, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames

Admiral Goodenough posted:

Haha, this is awesome, I can't believe I'm genuinely enjoying a cover of Girl You Know It's True. If I ever become the owner of a faux-ironic 90's-throwback hipster clothing store, this is what will be blasting out of the speakers for sure. Will there be more in the future?

Thanks! I'm glad you get what I'm trying to do. The idea is to blatantly steal other people's songs and make them enjoyable in a different context, in a way where the listener might not immediately recognize the song.

I am working on a 2-track ep of KLF songs, then I'm going to do 8 tracks like this of chinese pop music (I live in China, think it could be internet big here) and after that another set of 90's pop tunes.

I want to set up my own website and put this all up for free download, like The Weeknd.

Also I think it would be cool to have people rap on this stuff. Here's an example of what that might sound like:

bad day fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jul 13, 2012

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
I've been putting a lot of remixes up here lately, maybe screwed & trapped is the best way to describe them. I prefer scattered, smothered, covered, chopped & southern fried. All free download, no toneden BS.

https://soundcloud.com/jqam