Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Springfield Fatts posted:

In HCMC the pipeburn is called a "scooter kiss."

I've heard it called the "Koh Samui Tattoo"

Re: charging electric cars, I have a 3 phase supply at my parking space that I get 11kW out of. It runs into a use-case issue though, it's not fast enough to quickly fill it up if you're empty like a DCFC, and then if it's only ever charging overnight it makes little difference what your top charging speed is. I would definitely get no benefit from a 22kW charger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

That show bike looks air cooled so presumably couldn't actually go into production as a new model?

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

You slow it down by holding your hand on the intake port

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Can you actually target fixate going that slowly?

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

North West 200 is kinda the next notch up from the TT in danger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfL4D5BdXRw

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

That looks awesome. Who makes it?

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Gulf Ducati

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Carteret posted:

I washed my generic pedestrian motorcycle (I still love it)

(the GT4 isn't mine) :(

Looks great. Love the coloured wheels.

Nice weather this week so I took the blade to work with a little detour along the lake road, such an amazing machine.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

busalover posted:

Enjoying a sunny Autumn day with the Twin (not calling it "Queen", that's kinda cringe)

Yup same

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

It's always amazing how rapidly Americans manage to destroy German cars. I guess distances covered are less here but, yknow, people do also stick to the maintenance schedules.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I have an Inreach mini for backcountry skiing, it works fine for messages but ofc I've never had to use it for real. I'd be pretty confident of it working. The guides carry little VHF radios but they often won't reach the heli rescue centre when you're down in a valley.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Yeah it's the fairing / integrated mirror deflecting off the car mirror. And a really incompetent rider.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Russian Bear posted:

I hate myself for saying this, but good reaction by the Tesla.

It actually spotted a distant fire truck

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

RadioPassive posted:

Yup. I needed a helicopter. They billed it like a taxi. $16,000 base fare plus $2000/mile. Nevermind the bill for what they did to me after they took me off the heli. I didn’t have insurance or a job at the time.

What a loving scam

Over here (in basically the European home of capitalism) the heli is free unless they think you're a total dick, and even then it's still free if you chuck them a few bucks a year for membership (I am a member)

https://www.rega.ch/en/

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Toe Rag posted:

Right, but that's the state welfare system stepping in to help out you, an unemployed uninsured person. Let's say you make $150k/year and "own" (aka making mortgage payments on) (your half of) a $900k condo: do you think the same thing is going to happen? I don't. It's like city hospital in SF. If you're uninsured, it's free! If you have insurance, they charge the everliving gently caress out of you, and anything your insurance doesn't pay, they go after you, because my god you must be rich having insurance.

I carry 500k/1m for bodily injury, 500k uninsured, 100k property, because that's the most they'll sell me under a "normal" policy. If I could just carry the legal minimums, and lawyer up when I need more, surely the industry would lobby to either change the minimums or reform the system entirely. Insurance as far as I understand it is essentially just contract law: I pay you $X/month, and in return, you agree to defend me in court and cover my liabilities up to $Y amount of money. Anything beyond that is outside the terms of the agreement, and any liability you have beyond that is your own responsibility. I definitely am not an insurance expert though, so if this is now how It Really Works, I would love for someone to explain!

Even $500k seems amazingly low. I can't find how it breaks down for different types of claim but both my car and bike insurance have 100 million CHF limits.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Strife posted:

Hitting 69 kph as the odometer ticks 42069 when it's 69° is an incredible accomplishment and you should be proud of your success.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

With all the reeds the other side of the barrier looks like that might have been a wet landing.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I went out to get some bread

Check out this cool old lady

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

So pretty

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Nice little Iron Cross detail there on the Harley

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Nitrox posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Cross

It's a badge of honor in German armed forces to this day

I don't think that's a Bundeswehr motorcycle

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Carteret posted:

The last thing I want to do is go dress up in uniform again and stand in formation for hours just so some idiot that watched black hawk down a bunch can tell me what to do

Apparently the guy with the GPMG in the back of this photo was a serving member of 1 Para. Shameful

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I guess if you have a big touring bike a tankbag is unnecessary, but they're great on normal bikes. Really handy for paying tolls as well.

I used to quite like leaning on mine on my '99 CBR

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Lol that is awful

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Yeah that's a good looking bike. Great collection as well.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I imagine he is leaning the bike right over but keeping his body upright on the opposite side.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Police learn to ride this way.

They also ride Harleys in your country so probably not too concerned about catching up with things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.