Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Let me preface by saying I know this is a crappy post and I'm embarrassed by it.

I saw a picture of a bike in a thread in CA and as much as I try I can't remember what it was called or where I saw it. The bike was a classic-styled modern bike, in the vein of Triumph's modern classics. It had pretty knobby tires and looked like an early dirt bike. It was a European bike not available in the US, and it was painted in white and bright yellow. The photograph was taken side on, and I believe the bike was pointed towards the right.

Does this ring any bells?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Linedance posted:

Moto Guzzi V7 classic/sport perhaps?

Click here for the full 800x500 image.

Click here for the full 625x400 image.

That's one I thought of, but it's not it. I also thought it might be a Cagiva, but I was way off base with that. It wasn't a name I'd heard of before. The bike I'm thinking of is much more stripped down than a Moto Guzzi, but you're on the right track.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Blinken posted:

CCM SR-40 maybe ?

That's the one. Thank you.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Budgie posted:

My girlfriend says these are the highlights:

400 studs on the front, 700 on the back. You can be a Saint Bernard on your bike. The car towing was done 'With no trick photography!'

She wonders why I watch the French videos when I don't understand them and it's mostly because they look like they're having way more fun doing their reviews than the English speaking dudes.

Maybe she (or some other Francogoon) can answer my question about the XR1200 video: what is the guy saying over and over that sounds like "Billy Jean"?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Z3n posted:

Willie G.

Ah, I see. Thank you.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

LeftyChris posted:

It's a diesel motorbike that doesn't look awful

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...%3Doff%26sa%3DG

That rules. I hope they're ready for me to buy the poo poo out of that. The site says it won't be available outside the EU before 2011. Do you know if they'll offer it in the states?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

LeftyChris posted:

No idea about the States ought ten,best bet would be to email them,they seem like pretty laid back dudes(they are Dutch :350:,smoke and a pancake?)I cant wait for it to hit the England,i'm doing a 1000 miles a week and getting 58mpg out of my 900 hornet,I reckon you could get 90+ out of that smoker easy

Do you have any opinions about the company? I've never heard of them, have they made any good bikes before or anything else that would suggest it would be a great idea for me to set my heart on this one?

And a cross-thread comment: Bravo on one-armed riding.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

LeftyChris posted:

It's a diesel motorbike that doesn't look awful

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...%3Doff%26sa%3DG

This is a few pages old but I thought I'd post this in case any other Americans are lusting after this like I am.

I emailed them at LeftyChris's suggestion to ask if there would be a US version, and got this reply today.

quote:

Hallo Sam,

Thank you for your e-mail to our company.

If we ever will come or go to the North and South Americas depend on many things.

We now only focus on Europe. And are never sure what will be next ;-)

So, sorry but not at this moment.

Groet / Regards

Erik Vegt CEO
Track Dieselpowered motorfietsen.

So that's too bad. Nice of him to get back to me though.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

if that's the diesel i think it is, i read a review in some magazine and they didn't like it much. i don't remember all their complaints but one was that it uses a CVT and therefore you get an irritating monotonous drone out of the engine everywhere you go at every speed.

Aw, that's too bad. I really like the look of it and a diesel bike would just be the bees knees.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Retarded Pimp posted:

Honda UX-3 Personal Mobility Prototype, it's like a mini one wheel segway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuIJRsAuCHQ

Yo dawg, we put wheels on your wheel so you can...uh...not fall over, I guess.
____________/

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Boat posted:

This was posted over in InterceptorV8's trucking thread. Figured it'd make sense here, and there's not as much crossover as the "The things you find on YouTube" thread etc.

:supaburn:

Did anyone over there have any idea about the cones scattered all over the roadway?

ought ten fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jun 9, 2010

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

I managed to snap a couple pictures of the new Super Duke in Tel Aviv before the KTM rep started yelling for security and I had to beat it. I like the new color scheme.

https://wi.somethingawful.com/c7/c76057537554c82a92cab7cb3dca65c902e40c6c.jpg

edit: VVVV If I'm remembering right it said "For your easier life" but I wish I had gotten the whole thing in the frame.

ought ten fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 27, 2010

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Saw this very clean 750 Tiger yesterday in downtown DC. Sorry about the crappy phone picture. Anyone recognize the year?

Later in the day I saw an Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory but didn't have time to get a picture. Nice change of pace from the endless Busas that dominate the weekend night scene.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

blue vein steel posted:

what do you expect from probably the "Gooniest" looking racer?

First it was swap.avi now it's GP racers. What will Metis sponsor next?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Mr Clownfish posted:

Saw this ad today:

http://austin.craigslist.org/mcd/2201357984.html

This is one of the weirdest motorcycles I have ever seen. I initially thought it was an electric bike. I guess it is a scooter that wants to look like a motorcycle? Anyone ever seen one of these on the road?

Is there any point to this? You still have to throw your leg over like a real bike. It's big enough you'd need a motorcycle endorsement. There are plenty of 250 cc cruisers and they're cheaper. Why would anyone ever buy this stupid thing?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

Well-done video of some old school bikes (and gear).

I was glad to see at 2:55 that I'm not the only one who likes to pretend I'm running when I ride.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

-Inu- posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plexyyIWwEA

Ben Bostrom recently set a new lap record down at JenningsGP. It's mesmerizing to watch. The downshifts right before turn 3...oh god.

Michael Jordan Motorsports?!?!

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Z3n posted:

He's been sponsoring a race team for quite awhile now. There's even video of him lapping laguna on one of the desmosedicis in 2006, I believe.

That's awesome, I had no idea. Cool video too. He dwarfs all the other riders, he must feel pretty cramped on a sportbike.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Z3n posted:

Trying so hard!

I know next to nothing about sportbike riding, so I was hoping you could tell me something. When you lean in a turn how do you hold your body onto the bike? Does the force of turning keep your feet planted on the pegs? Do you use your outboard knee to stay on? Friction?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

I wish I knew the story behind this. Bike cop shows up on his police Harley (still sporting the sidecar from the winter - awesome), parks it, and hops on this YZF and drives away. I saw him a minute later with a cop car with lights on following him. Another officer plus car stayed at the gas station, presumably to look after the cop's bike. I didn't see any other activity so I don't know if they'd confiscated it from someone or if it was left at the gas station or what. It was pretty funny to see the cop in his white half helmet and knee-high leather boots folded up on that little bike. The other officers seemed to be getting a kick out of it too.

ought ten fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 12, 2011

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

pr0zac posted:

Really really hope you made "do a wheelie!" motions at him when he rode by.

I wish I had. I was too busy trying to get a better picture. Not sure you can get a wheelie out of that bike anyway.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

14 INCH DICK TURBO posted some really sweet old pictures in AI, in case people don't go in there too: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2993326&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=569#post390971831

From here: http://theselvedgeyard.wordpress.com/

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

nsaP posted:

I flipped on last year's MotoGP race in Aragon to try to remember what the track was like, as the race is there this weekend.

I can't be the only one who sees a dirty image in this company logo can I?

That has to be intentional. Right? What else could it mean?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Silver posted:

YOU SHUT UP. Wild Hogs is one of the greatest documentaries on motorcycles to date. :mad:

Content...

I can't find a good picture of one, but at first glance I thought I was looking at one of those toy motorcycles with the little zip-tie thing you put in and pulled out to make it go. What were those called?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

BlackMK4 posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMe6rQMmPEc&list=FLqtJt9xEoJDFk-2CfAOf6eQ&feature=mh_lolz
Onboard video from Stoner at the Sepang 2012 test.

I know less than zero about GP bikes and racing in general. What's that red switch he hits with his left hand as he leaves the pits?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Pit lane rev limiter I think?

Ah that makes sense, thanks. Very cool to learn about that and the fluid sweatband things. They got all kinds of fancy stuff!

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Ponies ate my Bagel posted:

Pretty sure someone asked for a picture of my camping set up.

This is how I camp, I'm only going overnight Friday to Saturday to get in a bit of offroading before the rains come Saturday afternoon. The bag straps to my passenger peg "wings" and a bungie cord secures it through 2 eyelets to the tail section.

That's pretty slick. What tank do you have?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Gnaghi posted:

It looks to be only about 4 hours from me, well 4 hours highway. I think I'll add that to my list of trips to take this year along with Centrailia, an abandoned town made for a supermoto.

That's only about 150 miles from me. If you want a SM exploring buddy for your trip hit me up. I've always wanted to go.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

schreibs posted:

So I was going through a bunch of my motorcycle videos for shits and giggles and I noticed something in a video that I had no idea happened around me. Car disintegrates a piece of drywall going 60-70mph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61fQSOEEiKQ

Sorry about the trippy effects, I think it was Youtubes auto stabilize bullshit.

270 is a dangerous road. Glad I don't have to ride it often. And glad it wasn't your face disintegrating that drywall.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

HNasty posted:

Plenty of Triumphs around here (DC) infact I just got back from a british bike night where I was the odd man out.

Is this outside Red Palace?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

HNasty posted:

Nope outside a bar called The Queen Vic

Ah, I recognized the view but I guess I was a little off. Never been to Queen Vic, but when I go, Endless Mike, I'll try the drink.

Shorpy says this was an HD dealer on H St. (they don't specify the quadrant) in 1925. I'd like to ride with these guys. Especially crazy eyes there under the U.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

thats the deerquake version of rocketjumping. theres totally a quad damage up in that tree

I think the deer probably got the quad damage on the way up :downsrim:

Pic related

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Probably Hates You posted:

I'll see if I can't get some frames out of my gopro. It died a few seconds later so that's where I cut the video. I've got tons of little 10mb files on the memory card of me trying to record video of the scene and the bike. I'll see if I can't nab some pictures off of those.

edit: Here's one, all the small files didn't run long enough for me to move the camera to capture any of it.

The bike was like this for about an hour and a half. When we finally dragged it out all it needed was a bump-start and he rode it 40 miles home.

I'm really, really glad your friend didn't lose his bike, and I hope there isn't any lasting damage.

That said, I can't help but wish just a little bit that your video had continued with you watching the bike tumble down the hillside shedding bits of plastic and metal before exploding in a huge fireball.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Probably Hates You posted:

I'm really glad my friend's bike didn't take him with it.

That too.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

I got bored watching him try to pop the clutch so I skipped ahead, and this is the video I watched. I don't know why you guys aren't more impressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWQpK6AM6RM&t=160s

E: beaten by Ola; and by a couple hours too. So here's a dumb video of dumb stunters getting hit by dumb cops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eboR87mjk-8

ought ten fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Sep 20, 2012

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Our shop race bike is the subject of a hipster video. It's pretty awesome being hipster.

http://vimeo.com/49983023

Is the sole of his boot zip-tied on or am I seeing something else at 2:01?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

clutchpuck posted:

KTM 1190 Adventure looks fun!

That looks awesome, but why does everything have to get bigger? 990 is plenty. Can't we just be happy with that?

Edit: I don't mean to be a killjoy. I bet that's super fun to ride.

ought ten fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 4, 2012

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Ayup. My sincere apologies for ruining everyone on that :getin:

drat you, Silly-Balls! drat you to hell!

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

It's been posted a million times already but as long as we're snowchatting might as well get MotoJournal's take:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX_weIUwd_o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

When I saw the preview image I didn't think it was going to be possible, but those guys are good. Especially the one with the camelbak. And I'm really impressed how calm they look after they save it. I'd be shaking so hard I'd have to pull over but they just keep it leaned over and cruise away.