Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
You were probably thinking of the True Stories release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Well that explains the weird golfing aside in Dead of Night.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Looks like they pushed back the Uncut Gems release a month and made it a UHD release too.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
It's def Benjamin Button.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
There are so many titles in the catalog now that I'm always at a loss.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Steen71 posted:

Here's a full list of all the changes made to the Criterion edition of Miller's Crossing: https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=111233

Ok, that's just nuts.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I really wish I had picked up the signed giclee of his Robinson Crusoe on Mars art they had in their store for a while. I always loved the cover but just saw the movie last year and thought it was great.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
e: wrong thread

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Who's complaining about it?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
those genre shirts. just... wat?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
drat I've got 60 bucks worth of codes at this point.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Gripweed posted:

At some point a couple years ago did somebody at the Criterion office say, "hey, has anybody else noticed that we don't do movies with black people in them?" and now they're trying to make up for lost time?

It was somebody on Twitter and not an employee, but yeah, and they responded hey, you're right

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Prizes twitter thread
https://twitter.com/criterionchannl/status/1644734488507719680?s=46&t=KEkwRcq6lyEDDdE9dEWAkg

Also, charter subscribers got a $20 code, sweet.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I think several of the Criterion UHDs don't have HDR. Probably has to do with their purist idea about how a film should look/sound.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I'd like a new transfer of The Verdict. I think the blu ray was an old scan already

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
If I haven't seen any Ozu, can I just start anywhere, or should I go chronologically? I know some films are thematically linked but not exactly sequels, and there's two versions of Floating Weeds. Is there a recommended film as an introduction?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Lynch didn't make/produce that doc, it's just some guy's pet project. And Wild at Heart has tons of references and imagery directly lifted from Wizard of Oz, so he doesn't have to do much work there to make connections. I doubt I'll watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Is David Lynch The Art Life worth watching?

Depends on how interested you are in his childhood and life before he became a filmmaker. I've seen tons of interviews/docs over the years, so I had assumed there would be a lot of overlap and retold stories about Eraserhead and the early studio days, but surprisingly there wasn't. I liked it.