Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh good, maybe you guys can help me. I saw bits of a film in a film studies class about 20 years ago, and I'd love to know what it was (I've long ago lost all my notes from the class).

It was a B&W European film, probably Eastern European, Polish or similar, from the 60s or 70s. I remember it following a young boy around a lot. I think his mother worked at a cafe in the middle of a train station (all big and echo-y, with a tiled floor). The big thing that springs to mind is that the film ends with the boy (and maybe others) on the back of a eagle statue that takes off and flies over the city.

You'd think that last detail would be able to pinpoint it immediately on google, but to no avail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

MachineryNoise posted:

That's A Hungarian Fairy Tale, guaranteed.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093199/

Oh! Thank you so much! A lot more recent than I remember it being, but I guess that’s because of the black and white.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

The relationship between the star and the director was a good read.

Well they sound like a pair made for eachother.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

And in the ending I think they are on an island which is also apparently infested with monsters because you hear a tree being knocked down and a monster roar or something.

This sounds like the pilot episode of Lost.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

mike12345 posted:

I saw a trailer for this a while ago, I think it was a sequel but I've never heard of the original movie. It's like a low-budget indie that just happens on a laptop screen, like people face-timing and surveillance cams footage (maybe? could be I'm mixing things up). I don't think there are any scenes outside of the laptop screen. Basically you're looking at a fake desktop the entire time. and no it's not that fmv video game that just got released.

That’s gotta be Unfriended.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

nerdman42 posted:

I don't remember the context I heard about it, but it was a movie released in the last few years where there's a guy trying to figure out if he's losing his mind or if his friends have been replaced by aliens.

Well, there’s all sorts of Body Snatchers films. Recently, there’s The Invasion with Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

On that front, I remember telling my brother about The Terror and brought up how great Jared Harris was.

"Oh him? He was in Resident Evil Apocalypse!"

That was the moment I learned that he was in absolutely everything forever.

For me he was one of the villains from Fringe, and then he was everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

mike12345 posted:

It's an 80s horror movie about a race car that's also a vampire and sucks its drivers dry. Possibly 70s.

Sounds like 1982 Czech horror film Ferat Vampire, or ‘Upír z Feratu’.