Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Chunky Delight posted:

Trying to remember a French action film that is similar to Assault on Precinct 13.
It involves a group of parkouring thieves being forced to work with a couple of police officers to prevent a horde of well equipped assassins from rescuing their leader.

Probably District 13

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CraigSlice posted:

Okay I;m not sure if im making this movie up or what but i remember this scene from when i was a kid.

Its of a few people sitting in a room with a kid close to the tv watching it. I'm not sure if the kid makes this happen or it just happens but the Tasmanian devil (or atleast something that reminded me of the Tasmanian devil) comes out of the tv and spins around and maybe targets one of the people.

Thats the only scene i remember and I've asked my friends and they seem to think that im just misremembering something i made up as fact. Help me prove them wrong.

You're almost definitely thinking of the Twilight Zone movie

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jamacian_Accent posted:

I looked through about 60 pages and I didn't see it. I gotta figure this out though, its driving me nuts.

What I remember:
It was in color.

A scientist has all these ants in an open glass box. He feeds them, floods them, all this stuff, I forget why. The basic concept is that he's playing God. The ants start worshipping him and getting smarter. Scientist gets obsessed with the ants. Eventually theres a scene where the ants build a mound that looks like his face. Scientist goes crazy and just starts wailing on the mound with a shovel. I think the ants swarm and kill him.

Might have been a Tales from the Crypt episode, maybe Outer Limits?? I really cant remember or find anything. Its driving my whole family nuts because we all remember it. We all especially remember the scene where the ants build the mound to look like the scientist.

When I saw It: When I was a kid, so early 90's. Maybe 1995? Its hard to remember. The movie itself I think was from the 80s.

Where?: TV

What I know it I'snt: Them!
Pretty sure it isn't Phase IV either. I can't find that scene with the ant mound to prove it.

Sandkings

E:^ son of a bitch!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jonny Angel posted:

So there's a movie I recall hearing talked about on these forums. Someone was mentioning, maybe in the Movie Posters thread or something similar, that [Movie] and Bangkok Dangerous seemed like they had their marketing campaigns switched. The marketing for Bangkok Dangerous made it seem like a quiet, somber, contemplative piece about being a hitman, while the marketing for [Movie] made it seem like more of a mindless fun time, but the actual movies ended up being the opposite.

So this is a quiet movie about a hitman (or hitmen?) that came out roughly at the same time as Bangkok Dangerous. Does this ring any bells, or am I making this up?

There's The American, but they're a bit far apart date wise.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I've been trying to remember a movie, I think it was from the 80s, that featured a long scene of a guy (possibly in a leather jacket?) cutting and eating a frozen pizza -- at least I think it was a pizza?

I think it may actually be a well-known movie and I'm just totally blanking on what it was.

I'm 90% sure that's Cobra

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lamanda posted:

There was a movie I caught a bit of that aired on the British SKY-channel in the mid/late eighties. It might have been a TV-series or miniseries, but what I remember was two or maybe three kids in their early teens in a boat in a swamp. They got attacked by some creatures that looked like muddy hay bales. I think it was in English but it didn't quite have a British or US feel about it, maybe Australian or South African. Any ideas of what this might be?

Rawhead Rex?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

MotU posted:

I am trying to remember the name of what I believe is an independent movie. I don't remember much about the movie, and what I do remember is vague. The movie was about some dust bowl-esque town. There was a mysterious child that I think was supposed to represent an angel. There was a scene involving said child with a chandelier that was shot very nicely but that is all I can really remember about it. There was another plot int he film about a duo of men trying to buy up the property of the town. The entire imagery of the film was stark white. I also think it reportedly had a very low budget.

Sorry that this all is vague but trying to remember this thing is driving me up a wall.

Northfork?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Antti posted:

I don't remember it having Jimmy Smits, but the synopsis on Wikipedia is close. I'll have to check it out for the guy shedding his skin because that's the part I remember vividly. Thanks anyway!

There's no skin shedding that I recall, but there some translucent people

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It kind of sounds like you're combining Leviathan and Cocoon, to be honest

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Violen posted:

This is an ancient one, and the memory swells up interest every couple of years. I'd have to assume it was around '95 or '96 at the latest, since I was a pretty young kid at the time. Definitely a VHS rental. The only reason it sticks out in my head so readily is it's a movie my mother picked out because it had a pretty innocuously colorful cover, but it turned out to be this depressing trek so she eventually turned it off. I never did end up seeing all of it. Quite honestly the solitary memory I have of the movie is it had an extended scene about a mother animal losing her eggs. I can't remember if it was to predation or they just didn't hatch. I don't remember whether it concerns kids in its primary roles or animals of some nature, although the movie definitely has plenty of talking animals (like this narrows down 90s children's animation). I've seen the usual suspects for traumatizing children, like Watership Down. This just escapes me since I recall so very, very little of it. I can't even remember if it was a musical or not.

The best guess I can come up with, and this is totally uneducated, is it had a good chance of being a Don Bluth movie, since he went in for that kind of subject matter. I'm damned curious what it was in this movie that kept it so dreary. I don't know if it was consistently so, or even if the scene in question that broke the camel's back is anything remotely noteworthy. My mother was kind of... eclectic on what she let us watch. The one thing I know it's not is The Land Before Time 2 (was it 3?) concerning the egg eating Pinky and Brain analogs. Other movies involving eggs and their fortunes are beyond me.

Rescuers Down Under?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

b0nes posted:

This is a kung fu movie: I really don't remember too many details of the plot because I was tossing my cookies that night. An old man who used to know kung fu when he was younger somehow remembered it. I think he also recruited some of his old senior citizen buddies who he also fought with and they get attacked by some young guys. That might be the plot. I only saw the last 30 minutes. It is a foreign film, not in English. Also it was a comedy I think.

Sounds like Kung Fu Hustle

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Reason posted:

A while back I saw a movie trailer for movie about clones on some kind of compound. From the trailer it seemed like a love story about the clones. At some point they get picked to donate their organs to some rich people. But this couple escapes or something? Does anyone know what movie I'm talking about?

Never Let Me Go

Unless you remember any action whatsoever, then it was The Island

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Matlock posted:

I was walking through a room today when a scene came on that had a guy that looked like Jason Mewes driving a dark red Mini Cooper via remote control (in what looked like a painted Xbox 360 controller!) through a mall while techno music blared. The Mini Cooper crashed through a wall into a room that had another, and he drove the second one out while the suitcase full of money in the first was thrown through a chute into a dump truck outside.

Looking at TVGuide, I see nothing that matches that description. :wtc:

I think that's Masterminds, or something similar to it. Some 90s teen hijinks movie

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Boz0r posted:

A hard one: my girlfriend remembers watching a horror movie with a cover with a red mansion. Nothing about the actual movie, though. And I don't think it's Amityville Horror. It's a dvd cover.

That's a pretty common visual, does she remember a single other thing about it?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

DNS posted:

I saw a scene from a movie and it's killing me trying to remember what it was. It's a 90s comedy. The scene is outdoors, I think around some school buses, and an attractive blonde woman (possibly a school teacher) screams at a couple of middle school aged boys and tells them off in an obscene fashion. I keep thinking it's from a Sandler movie but I think it might just be a Sandler-type movie. I thought I originally saw it in one of those youtube supercut vids but I watched a bunch and didn't see it. Can anyone help me out?

Some of the details are off but is it Tommy Boy?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Two TV shows I'm wondering about :

1. 1990s American sci-fi - used to be shown on Sky One in the UK maybe around 1900 hours. I remember there being some sort of subterranean alien presence, like a big black Tremors-type worm that had the ability to either control certain humans, or it was able to manifest itself in human form. One such person was possibly a middle-aged white guy who wore a suit. I think there was also a woman character, who was possibly a scientist or a cop.

2. ?BBC 1990s miniseries. Shown at the weekend I think, maybe mid-afternoon. These early-teens kids go into an abandoned church. While some of them are inside, one of the stained-glass windows shatters from the outside.

The kids in the church say something similar to, "the wind blew the window in." The kids that were outside that ran in to investigate the noise say that there was no wind outside. At some stage in the church, a huge bell falls from the rafters onto one of the kids - when the other kids manage to shift the bell off their friend, there is no body, it's disappeared.

The only other thing I remember about this is that there was a lightning storm at some stage of the miniseries, making a car ride across a bridge a bit precarious. I think that was near the end of the series.

Not sure on 2 but the first one is Mimic

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sounds like Future Trade

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The other half is future trade, or at least based on the same story. It's been adapted a few times

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Always Sunny in Philadelphia had a big reference to it in one of the last two seasons

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You Are A Elf posted:

Yeah, it seems like a fairly common trope. A poor nobody gets poo poo on by some some rich snob, the poor nobody climbs the social ladder, becomes rich and returns to tell the rich snob to suck it. It could also be the "poor nobody" is actually an incredibly wealthy person who doesn't like flaunting their cash and gets mistaken for an actual poor nobody in average clothing.

But regarding the ID of my movie, I had a feeling this happened in Pretty Woman, but the movie I'm thinking of isn't PW. I'm positive there was a wad of cash involved, and I thought it might be Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion, but I think that happened when one of them applied for a job at a Beverly Hills clothing store and was immediately looked down upon. Hell, it could be an episode of a TV show, for all I know, but yeah, a fairly common theme with classes, it seems.

There's definitely a wad of cash in the Always Sunny episode

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mimir posted:

Horror movie. Mid '80s. Nazis during World War 2 find a tower in the backcountry, there's a demon or something inside of it, and it gets loose. They probably die horribly before someone seals the creature back inside. I haven't seen more than a minute of it, but my dad quotes a line of dialogue all the time - "This was not made to keep something out - This was made to keep something in!"

The Keep

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

DocMcgillicuddy posted:

I was assembling some furniture the other day and the tv ended up on this movie that I kept tuning in and out of but really want to see start to finish.

The premise seemed to be that a man was rehearsing for a play (richard iii iirc). The only other person in the movie was an assistant off screen that you heard but never saw. The entire thing was just him rehearsing and discussing theater and events in his life.

No idea what this is and haven't been able to find it on google (have been periodically searching for months).

If it was recent HBO has a sort of behind the scenes thing for Barrymore, which is a one man show. It's similar to what you described.

e:In Barrymore he's preparing to do Richard III so that's for sure it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

DocMcgillicuddy posted:

Definitely Barrymore, thanks!

Like I say if you check that out and it's not it there's a special called Backstage with Barrymore that should air right around the same time. It's definitely one or the other

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Phanatic posted:

All I remember about this film is that there were a bunch of different criminals all trying to pull off a robbery in the same high-rise building. It was like some sort of competitive event, the crook who actually got the MacGuffin would be selected for something and there's much killing each other off. It wasn't a comedy.

Smokin' Aces?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Cole posted:

There's a movie that I can only really remember one scene of.

A family is out in a field, I can't remember what they are doing, but they have a baby. The baby is wandering around and wanders into the road where he gets hit by an 18 wheeler I think it is? And you see his white shoe rolling down the street and I think I remember seeing a guy scream NOOOOOOOOO! when it happens.

Sorry if this is vague or sounds stupid, but this has been bugging me for a bit.

Pet Sematary

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Doctor_Acula posted:

So I have been watching Threads thanks to the thread on unnerving wiki's, and it made me think.

A few years ago I remember watching a movie on Netflix that was from the 70s/80s...and it was told in first person from the point of view of a nuclear warhead that got lost in shipping. I watched it while playing StarCraft, so my memory is hazy, but I think it was kind of tongue-in-cheek about what could happen if someone got ahold of a warhead that we didn't know about.

I thought it was directed by Richard Linklater, but I'm not turning up anything. I think the bomb had a name that it gave itself based on the printing on it's casing, like MARY or something similar. I've checked my Netflix instant queue (because I'm terrible and never clean it out) and am not finding it.

I tried looking at this list, but no luck.

Sum of All Fears?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The guy in the first pic is Sebastian Spence, which means it's almost definitely Canadian. If that helps at all.

e: I think the bottom one is Josh Jackson and Spence was on Dawson's Creek. It might be Dawson's Creek

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jul 13, 2013

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There's Batman Returns, but that was more in the middle

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm trying to remember a cartoon from the 70s or 80s, all I remember is it was in a kind of Sergio Argones style and had a goony dragon who got his arm cut off. I feel like it's probably well known but google isn't helping.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

Well it's time again for me to sit around and wonder what the gently caress that was I watched years ago. (yes it's the football alien egg movie again). I've been looking on wikipedia at "movies with extraterrestrials" and everything. I've looked at anthology series that had alien episodes. I can't find poo poo.

I watched this on TV (probably the sci-fi) channel back in the late 90s. I saw it more than once, it was probably a movie but it could have been a TV show but it seemed pretty self-contained. I'm guessing it was made in the late 80s or early 90s.

It was obviously low-budget, a large part of it took place in a room and some hallways on a military base, or a spaceship.

They had an alien pod or an egg or maybe it was the alien's ship in the room, and they had computers hooked to it. I don't remember where the alien thing came from. They figured out they could type things on the computer (like commands) and the egg would respond somehow, I don't remember (like electrical signals or something, not talking). They were trying to get it open. The computer was a green command line interface. The main "hacker" was a woman.

The alien pod thing was sort of shaped like a football, but all bumpy as alien things usually are, sort of like a walnut. It was large, like the size of a VW beetle for instance (it wasn't a small egg or anything). It may have been greenish. They had the computers all hooked up to it and spent a large part of the movie typing things in, seeing it's response, etc. I remember there was some concern over "power levels" and they had to monitor them otherwise ~~bad things may happen~~

Anyway, somehow I think the "power levels" got too high and the egg opened and the alien got out and started killing people. The alien attacks were in a POV shot with a weird filter over it. I think the "power levels" got too high because no one was there to monitor the computer. There was just one alien.

It's not Moontrap, the football shaped egg in that is way too small. It's also not Flight of the Navigator, even though the computers hooked up and shape of the alien thing sorta fits. It's also not Sphere.

It sucks that "alien egg" and "hacking" are the only things I really remember because it's loving impossible to google either one without things about the Alien series or "worst movie hacking scenes ever!!!" coming up.

Probably a longshot but this has seriously been bugging me for years. I can still picture the egg and the computer and everything. Any help would be appreciated.

That sounds half like Prince of Darkness. Was it for sure an alien?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sheep-Goats posted:

1) There's some movie I thinking of where a guy who has previously lived with apes or something has some travails and at the end goes back to live with the apes. There's a scene at the end with a voiceover (I think) where he's sitting in the rain just letting it run over his face like he's ignorant to it (a skill or perspective or something they he picked up from the apes) and the scene is trying to demonstrate that he belongs in this kind of situation. Maybe it's Sean Connery?

2) What movie is this? And is that scene on YouTube?

You are close. It's Hopkins

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

regulargonzalez posted:

Trying to remember the name of a movie I watched within the last 3 years, on a recommendation from here. Full details are very spoilerish, I'll put them behind tags and try to be as descriptive as possible about non-spoiler stuff.

Very low budget / indie. Might have been at least partially shot first person. It's about a 20-something young lady who has recently moved to the city from a rural area. She is very sad and lonely. This is the main theme, at least for the first half. Her dog (or cat?) disappears. She continues to be depressed, despite roommates throwing parties and such. She has sex with a guy. Still depressed. Her old rural bf comes to town and basically kills her roommates, the boys they're with, and at the end maybe her

Sounds like All The Boys Love Mandy Lane

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Opopanax posted:

I'm trying to remember a cartoon from the 70s or 80s, all I remember is it was in a kind of Sergio Argones style and had a goony dragon who got his arm cut off. I feel like it's probably well known but google isn't helping.

Trying this again

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. George Kaplan posted:

Saw a trailer a ways back for an 80s Carrie rip-off where an angsty teen guy goes around causing havoc with his mind. Any ideas?

Probably Zapped

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I had a random memory pop into my head. Some kind of 70s road movie (something like Every Which Way but Loose) and the main character has what he insists is a dingo. People keep trying to tell him it's not but he says it is because dingoes don't bark. Sure enough near the end it barks at something.

V-- Thanks buddy

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 23, 2013

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Detective Thompson posted:

I'm trying to remember where a certain scene comes from. I know I've seen the movie several times, but can't recall it. I would have seen it probably in the early to mid 90s. The part I'm thinking of has a group gathered around a table, either a family or a couple and some of their friends. There's a turkey on the table, and one of them goes to carve it, but as soon as they start to cut it, the turkey splits in half. It was overcooked or something, and is super dry inside. I seem to recall the meat inside looking kinda of like a spiderweb as the turkey split apart.

That is Christmas Vacation and shame on you for not watching it every year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ihEZMMOYmQ

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That kind of happens in Robocop.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

taqueso posted:

Looking for a movie about Canadian losers who work on a pipeline. One of them marries a stripper and gets something scratched into the back of his truck. I think the one I've seen is a sequel.

Fubar

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:tipshat: if you like that check out Trailer Park Boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ice 9 is from Cat's Cradle but I haven't read it in years so I couldn't tell you if that specific line is there