Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

No one responded to this in the Horror thread so I'll ask here:

Need some goon help with a film again, came out a couple years back and I think I posted about it and maybe even asked about it after (having forgotten the name). I can't remember. Anyway, the premise is a mother and son move into a new house and spooky poo poo starts happening as par for the course. I think it comes to the point where someone breaks in to rob or kill them and the creepy haunts start happening to them. But the twist is the mother and son are aliens/otherworldly being and that the hauntings are their powers at play. I think the son might not be fully in control of his or something. I remember at the end they move and the mother goes "Hopefully this next house won't be that bad." as they drive by a sign that says "Welcome to Amityville." I remember the film taking place around a lot of pine trees, definitely some north west small down type deal.

I remember being kinda lukewarm about the film but I liked the premise since it explained the haunts in a way I never saw before. I want to watch it again but all my searches come up empty, I'm curious if I'll enjoy the film more now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

LadyPictureShow posted:

The Invasion (2007)?

It has the mother and son and alien parts you described.

I looked it up and it definitely isn't it because I definitely don't remember Nicole Kidman or Daniel Craig, it was a smaller film and I don't think there was anyone "big" in it. I also looked up The Invasion and it definitely isn't it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

s.i.r.e. posted:

No one responded to this in the Horror thread so I'll ask here:

Need some goon help with a film again, came out a couple years back and I think I posted about it and maybe even asked about it after (having forgotten the name). I can't remember. Anyway, the premise is a mother and son move into a new house and spooky poo poo starts happening as par for the course. I think it comes to the point where someone breaks in to rob or kill them and the creepy haunts start happening to them. But the twist is the mother and son are aliens/otherworldly being and that the hauntings are their powers at play. I think the son might not be fully in control of his or something. I remember at the end they move and the mother goes "Hopefully this next house won't be that bad." as they drive by a sign that says "Welcome to Amityville." I remember the film taking place around a lot of pine trees, definitely some north west small down type deal.

I remember being kinda lukewarm about the film but I liked the premise since it explained the haunts in a way I never saw before. I want to watch it again but all my searches come up empty, I'm curious if I'll enjoy the film more now.

Still trying to find this.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Did some googling and I’m pretty sure it’s this movie The Unspoken from 2015... the quotes page has the Amityville thing as the mother’s last line

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4229298/

Holy poo poo I think this is it! It's been bothering me for years and my Googling turned up nothing. Thank you! Gonna buy this digitally on Amazon to give it a watch right now.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Here's one that just popped into my brain:

Horror/thriller set in a bayou or swampy area, I think a medium (red-headed female) goes to investigate a murder for some reason. I don't remember if she's hired or it was family. I think it mostly takes place around a house next to a river/swamp/bog and I don't think there were other houses around. I think the victim was a woman and there's a flashback scene where her body is in the bathtub or that the medium is in the tub and she sees the dead woman in a vision.

I think Forest Whitaker might have been in it?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Fuckin' A that was fast, that HAS to be it. Thanks!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I got two films that need finding:

Looking for a German film that I think had Michael Fassbender in it?

I think the store was a cop from a small town didn't have much going on until some murderer/criminal is caught and held in his town. I think Fassbender was the criminal. He ends up talking to him a lot throughout the film and the criminal asks about his life and how it's boring being a small town cop or whatever. I remember that the criminal starts getting into his head and eventually asks about his sex life and tells him that he should try banging his wife in the rear end and calling her a slut during sex. He eventually does and I think takes it too far and I think his wife is traumatized by it or something but he finds out that he enjoyed it and questions if he's terrible or something. I think the criminal character eventually escapes or something at the end.

The second film is a horror title, that I think took place in Australia.

I don't have much information about this one, but I think the film was some girl taking a road trip in the outback and she ends up captured by somebody and ends up in this... fortress? kinda building where she's held by the bad dude. I don't remember if the evil guy is just some murderer or what, and I can't even remember a bad guy. Anyway, she breaks free of her bonds and ends up finding another girl who I think is pregnant and they try finding a way out and they both end up dying? Also, I think the initial girl might have been traveling with a male character and he gets captured as well and in the end he makes it out and is left wandering the desert. Now, I'm pretty sure someone's going to think this is Wolf Creek, but I love that film and this definitely isn't it. I however might be blending the two together, since Wolf Creek ends the same way with the male character wandering off in the desert. But the film I'm thinking about had this huge concrete building with high parameter walls and the architecture was brutalist, and it was the most memorable thing about the whole film.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm pretty sure that's 100% it, thanks! I don't remember Norman Reedus but I'm pretty sure this is exactly it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

franco posted:

Possibly The Clinic? Some details fit and the brutalist architecture rang my bells. It's utterly poo poo!

I might be it and I probably melded more of Wolf Creek into it, because I seem to be way god drat off. I'll have to give it a watch, get upset at how terrible it is and just rewatch Wolf Creek. lol

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Here's another one I just thought up:

An English couple are driving through the countryside and find themselves in a narrow road with hedges on each side in the middle of the night. They're lost but the guy says it's the right way. They start getting messed with by another person or car. In the end it turns out that the whole thing was a ruse by the boyfriend for some reason and the guy messing with them was his friend. I have no clue why he does it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

drat you guys are good, this is definitely it. Thanks!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Just for fun, a friend of mine posted this on Facebook: Which iconic 80s movie features this house as the backdrop of its opening scene?

Someone on my Facebook posted this as well, said they'd give the answer in a couple days and never did. I'm going to say this is just a random house that wasn't even in a movie and this is just people loving around.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I wonder if we have the same friend? Does he live in California and did he recently have his birthday?

Is he a music teacher?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Small world!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Davros1 posted:

You really shouldn't

What's wrong with Raw Deal? It's probably the one Arnold film that I don't know poo poo about.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

There was a horror film I remember watching where some artist couple or something lived in one of those weird-rear end studio apartment with a big-rear end cargo elevator in the middle of it which it how they usually got to their flat. There was some sort of "darkness" that had these creatures in them that would crawl on the ceiling to try and kill them. I remember the creatures looking kinda cool but I can't remember gently caress all else about the film. I remember the location of the apartment more than anything else and want to say it mostly took place in there.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Origami Dali posted:

Darkness Falls, probably.

Skyscraper posted:

Wes Craven Presents: They?

I'll check them both out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Origami Dali posted:

Now I want a Blade Runner show. But, you know, good.

Wasn't that basically Altered Carbon? I didn't see it but I heard tons of good poo poo about it.