Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Bare Knuckle Aftermath

Havenīt bought anything guitar related in few years, next up is full retube set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Shredder posted:

...matching cab

Noooooooooooooooo!

W424
Oct 21, 2010
Ibanez RGA121VLF Prestige

Took 1 1/2 months to ship, finally got it. The neck and bridge are just perfect, it will be gettting a BKP Aftermath ASAP.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

ethan posted:

The Fuzz II mode would be pretty awesome if it didn't scoop out all the mids, I wonder if it could be modded?

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Catastrophe posted:

Hey now. Wait a minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZooxrFI5MuM

It worked for them. ;)

And that's pretty much why I haven't sold mine despite never using it.
I'd just want to mod it to have switches to not scoop the mids and disable the gate.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

MrLonghair posted:

Heck if I know what the TG77 is famous for, but it is freaking marvellous.

Skinny Puppy used it a lot circa Too Dark Park, the bass on Spasmolytic is a preset.
I've had mine for a couple of years, great synth if you have an editor. Routing modulation to modwheel/aftertouch/etc can be frustrating, for example modulating filter disables its envelope, or you can have the envelope + the modulation value at the time of triggering etc.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Waldorf MicroQ, rare keyboard version.
My 4th Waldorf yeeeeeeeeeee.

W424
Oct 21, 2010
Jesus.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Been eyeing this beauty for a while...

30" scale baritones are the bestest.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Trig Discipline posted:

I have a couple of Rob Papen effects (delay and distort), and they both sound great. I had a few stability issues with the delay in Sonar, though.

Same thing with Cubase.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Gorilla Salsa posted:

So I traded my hardtail RG for an RG with a trem on it because HOLY poo poo did I want a trem. I had every intention of taking photos so that I could share it with you guys but honestly right now I would much rather burn it to the loving ground. gently caress trems, gently caress 9's, gently caress you Ibanez for making the Edge III.

In summation:

I've had a RG550ltd for about 15 years that I traded a Gibson SG for. I've loving hated that trem for 15 years.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Been using Cubase for about a decade, got bored and started getting into Live last summer.
I'm going to get M4L for it soonish, didn't really care for the other extra stuff in Suite.

Edit. Got drunk and upgraded to Kontakt 5 last night.

W424 fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Dec 6, 2013

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Koth posted:

Cross-posting from the Synth thread.

Happy Birthday to me!

Gongrats.
I got my microbrute last week

And today some parts to mod my monotron for some CV action

W424
Oct 21, 2010

A pair of Adam F7's

W424
Oct 21, 2010

BDA posted:

I don't need a drum machine, especially one as limited as the RD-6, but how am I supposed to say no to transparent blue plastic?

My bandmate wanted one, but just for the 2 trigger outs. I wouldn't buy a drum machine with zero editing options even if it looked cool.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

rio posted:

This might be a rabbit hole I can’t get back out of now that I’ve heard the difference, and maybe more importantly felt what’s it’s like to control all the parameters physically.

It is, my condolences.

quote:

I know from Reddit lurking that people have polarizing opinions on Behringer and their ethics

gently caress them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W424
Oct 21, 2010

rio posted:

K2 will slow me down as well since I need to learn how to patch it. Only thing I know so far is how to patch it to let my guitar control it

When I got mine I was hella frustrated by how the envelope 2 works,
Eg1 -> initial gain gives you an basic AD amp envelope, sounds a lot beefier.

Guitar will always be glitchy but its pretty much the best synth/guitar combo I've used. It's objectively terrible but at the same time very "musical" when it works.