Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
Just got a set of Kali LP6s for the "work" at home rig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

rickiep00h posted:

Spouse continues their movement toward acquiring All The Edge Gear with a Korg A3. Currently digging for the sysex dumps for the preset cards, because those fuckin things are expensive.

Extremely happy with the sound, though. Sad I got rid of my MP-1 now.

edit: sysex acquired and loaded. Anyone that ever says "presets are boring" can eat my entire rear end. This thing is the entire '90s Edge sound.

I picked up a Ensoniq Esq-1 from a buddy of mine recently, and am eagerly awaiting a battery and a the 3d printed cartridge from ebay so I can start saving patches that aren't already are on it. The 8 bit wave forms are fantastic.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

Picked up a Slate Raven recently for a decent price.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

JeffLeonard posted:

Wow! That is really cool and I am jealous.

Would you do a quick review?
I will after I get the drivers and such updated and the license set up. As of right now, I'm running it on osx and gestures are working with the old version of the touchbase driver. Workflow with a ultrawide above it makes for a nice mixing experience. Using a Motu 828 mk2 and Kali LP6"s for monitoring. So everything is sounding great. Haven't updated protools yet either, been busy setting up my buddies analog system at the same time.
So far I'm happy with it for being a overpriced 1080p panel.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

Just got a dx7 for a hundred bux.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

Yeah, I'm on vacation, so won't be able to plug it in til I get home. Found it at the same thrift store I found a Motu 828 mk2 last year.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

Looks like it powers on with no faults, has a couple repair tickets for a replaced battery and restore in 2015.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The dx7 is super clean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

JeffLeonard posted:

Wow! That is really cool and I am jealous.

Would you do a quick review?

Ok I'm back, finally had to upgrade to a m1 Mac mini, due to protools not updating for the old school cheese grater. Looks like I could have fixed it with some file deletion. But they aren't updating for mojave anymore and I don't want to force a upgrade because it's stable.
Got the drivers taken care of finally, the ebay seller had never set it up with ilok, so all I had to do was email Slate and they put it on my account so I could buy the protools software for it.

I don't know how much I'll use it for with the actaul app but the multi-touch is up and going for gestures in osx. Which is going to be more useful then the protools integration.

It's definitely nice having a huge iPad hooked up to osx.

I'm happy with the screen quality, it looks nice and the ultrawide above it makes kicks rear end.

Ravens are getting a update soon, so we'll see how that goes.

Upgrading to the mini also outdated my Motu mk2 firewire though, so now I've got to get a new high quality interface. Running on a back up steinberg usb, and the output quality is definitely noticeable on the Kali's.

Probably going to end up with a Antelope Descrete 8, because I'm going to end up taking over the youtube client my buddy has, and we've got alot of projects coming in.