Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Ordered some 64Audio a2e IEMs. This'll be my first pair of custom molded IEMs, excited to see how different they are compared to my old Shure 215s.

They also match my main bass perfectly :allears:

Scarf fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

petit choux posted:

Custom molded meaning you had a form made from your ears, right?

I'm imagining your AV playing this bass with these monitors, but with a color-coordinated sweatband.

Yup! Went to an audiologist and they pump pink play-dough into your ears, then you send the molds to the company that makes the IEMs.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Nice coordination, that's a lovely shade of purple

Thanks, and agreed!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
My wife wants me to teach her guitar and I could definitely use a good acoustic for recording purposes... So I picked up a Takamine GN93CE with an absolutely gorgeous back.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

petit choux posted:

Takemine? Well, if you insist. That's sweet.

Ha! You had me thinking I had a typo in my post...

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Working on some upgrades to my home studio setup. Picked up a new 27" iMac and an Acme Eleazar desk. Desk is super solid, easy to put together, nice hardware. My only qualm, and it's a minor one, is that the surfaces have a tactile "woodgrain" to them instead of being smooth. Makes writing notes on a single piece of paper a bit annoying, but it's not a huge deal.

Also, the lights are the Ikea "Dioder" LEDs. I've had them for a few years and typically have them attached to my bass cabinets for shows. I'm running a Hue setup throughout the house and plan on getting some strips for the desk eventually so I can put these back on the cabinets.

Next up, new monitors bc these old rear end M-Audios are approaching their last leg.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Krustic posted:

I'm fixing one of my biggest gear regrets. I ordered myself a new truetone cs12 powersupply from reverb for about 163 bucks shipped. I already have a cs7 but I figured out quickly that 7 pedals just isn't enough for me and I need more power. Can't wait to make even dumber guitar sounds with the extra pedals.

Just picked up one of these as well and I love it. Still need to work on my cable management, but it's so nice having a central unit with a lot of headroom for expansion. I dunno why I was just using a power-strip velcro'd to the underside for so long.

Scarf fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 19, 2021

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
My stepson turns 15 in a week and a half and has been wanting to learn to play drums. Told him I needed to see him show some dedication if we're gonna drop $ on a kit, and he's been learning all he can about technique, rhythm theory, etc., and has been practicing rudiments for several months now. Next week this will be arriving:

Roland TD17-KV and a Pearl P1030R Eliminator pedal.

I'm looking forward to playing around with it myself...

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

beer gas canister posted:

A band I used to play with picked up a Behringer X32 board at one point and it was absolutely awesome. Personal in ear mixes managed via our phones! It was dream setup for a situation where the lead singer is the sound guy.

We use these boards at the church I play and run sound at, they're absolutely wonderful. There are a few little weird intricacies in terms of importing/exporting EQ presets. Other than that though, it's really nice to work with, especially for someone like me who has really only ever worked with older analog boards...

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
My 64Audio IEMs finally got here! Sound is absolutely incredible... Now I'm curious as to how the even nicer models sound. The color-match to my bass is pretty decent too!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Needed a good overdrive for my bass, popped on a Darkglass B3K v2

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Darkglass Microtubes B3k overdrive finally came in.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
In my eternal quest to find the ultimate envelope filter, I just popped on a Source Audio Spectrum

They basically had me at the "inspired by Lovetone Meatball" preset...

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Crosspost from the bass thread...

I've had a first gen Tech21 VT Bass as the foundation of my tone and on my pedal board for the last 15 years... I may finally be retiring it in favor of the new Ampeg SGT-DI. Gets here on Friday and I can't wait to see how it stacks up to the VT. Gonna take it to a gig on Saturday as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A4nFrPztGo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
My bass amp died... I always bypass preamps in favor of the one on my pedal board, so figured I'd just replace it with a power amp + conditioner.