Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

There Bias Two posted:

Where can I also read his good piece of literature?

You are free to stop reading at any time.

To borrow a phrase from Neil Gaiman (speaking about GRRM): Rich Burlew is not your bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

PMush Perfect posted:

Here's my hot take:

Magrat Garlick: Haley
Nanny Ogg: Elan
Granny Weatherwax: Roy

Haley is not a wet hen.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Renoistic posted:

Snuff made me realize it was time to retire the Vimes character, who used to be my favorite. I still love most of the Watch books though.

In Snuff, Vimes became a glib Chuck Norris imitation who casually threatened a suspect with the prospect of prison rape. His butler, whose name escapes me, basically became loving Batman, instead of obliquely referencing his background in the Shades as an implied threat of dire consequences.

There was no subtlety or subtext in the whole story and it read like bad fanfic.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

nothing to seehere posted:

Raising Steam is essentially a "Going through the motions" book about tech with Von Liwpig - it feels like it's just doing what feels like should be in a Pratchett novel about progress, instead of actually being one.

Ugh, I'd completely forgotten about raising steam. It's the first and so far only book I didn't finish.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Don't sign your posts

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Can the cat activate it for him?

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Who What Now posted:

The gently caress you can't.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Darth TNT posted:

How long has it been since we last saw Banjo?

In strips or years? :v:

for real though the oots wiki has a "last comic" link in the bio of most characters, which in this case is http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0949.html

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Facebook Aunt posted:

That's no reason he can't ascend to godhood tho. The Dark One used to be a goblin.

wow...

mods are you seeing this?

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Can Durkon and Minrah hear or in any way perceive what's being said and done above them while they're in the ground?

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

mmkay posted:

I think in the second picture there should be no mark at all - since we see Blackwing, his half should be clear.

I can't get past this either - I would expect the sixth-to-last panel to have no scorch marks on either side

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

sebmojo posted:

That's it, it's the picture of pinky pie at Auschwitz and someone wrote that about it

:nms: that whole reference because I feel physically ill now

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

GodFish posted:

What the gently caress

You'd be amazed at the ubiquity of "souvenirs" like that. My grandfather had a rhino foot cigar jar.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Technically, most things you know about because of cultural osmosis are a result of cultural mitosis because iconic moments or ideas from the popular thing are split into multiple new moments in other media in the form of parody, recreation, reference, or quotation :v:

If the ideas that arise from the split are not equal to the original idea a more apt term would be meiosis, which is the process of genetic recombination and division. Mitosis is just replication.
:science:

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

girl dick energy posted:

We even have foreshadowing for it ever since O-Chul gave Roy Xykon's spell list.

When was this?

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Thanks! And to the others for explaining.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Is there a chance the MitD is about to undergo some sort of transformation due to having eaten its fill?

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Raenir Salazar posted:

I can also see this played straight as well to setup a morally ambiguous anti-hero villain; someone who actually builds up their organization with loyal followers by saving orphans and wants to make the world a better place but doing so with revolutionary violence.

Direct action-man

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

mmkay posted:

Baby Sunny is very :3:

Life sized plushie when can we have it

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
This must be the fastest transition from new comic to alignment chat ever

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I have no idea how much Rich makes on Patreon (it doesn't say, or at least nowhere where I can see it), so I don't know if he can actually live off what he earns. I'd like to think that he does, but you never know when it comes to webcomics.

If I'm reading it correctly he has 2800 backers paying a flat fee of 2 bucks each month so $5,600 before taxes which I don't know how much that is in PPP terms but in Denmark would be similar to a decent office job for someone with a masters degree and a few years experience.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
I look forward to the blue poet being some unkillable nagging presence that will torment Xykon and/or Redcloak like a Greek chorus for the rest of the story

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

The X-man cometh posted:

I'm 42 and that is a comedy number too.

I, too, am a hoopy frood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

ikanreed posted: