Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
I never got that she was whispering the same thing that he said the last time he had his lead sheet. Clearly the paladins believe that phrase is the code word to make it work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I laughed at the sound effect being literally "snapoutta"

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

Taciturn Tactician posted:

For some reason vampires can walk on any surface as if they had cast Spider climb. Personally I don't remember that part of Dracula, but maybe it's supposed to be in theme with the "hanging upside down from the ceiling" thing.

Actually one of the first nights that Harker is in the castle he sees Dracula climb down the sheer wall like a spider.

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I remember years ago a friend talking about how on the official forums some people did a one on one arena style combat thing and have everyone a level to use, and the amount of gold for items. Then they ran it through the combat and posted the results. They said that some absurd percentage of the time, a cleric won hands down. Like three rounds in.

Not sure if he was bullshitting or not, but I could believe it.

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

The Dark One would have voted to destroy the world though. He already has the back up plan of "Well if I don't get a secret assassin that can kill God's and they destroy the place at least I get a say in how the next world is made." and Redcloak is fully aware of this.

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

Schwarzwald posted:

That's his plan as revealed to Redcloak, but I am less than convinced that's it in truth. Just as Redcloak is hiding details from Xykon, I expect TDO is hiding things from Redcloak.

Consider, it's in every gods interest for there to be a fourth pantheon. Why wouldn't they have invited TDO to the table immediately? What does Thor know that he doesn't want to let the world end and let TDO just join in the next one?

Either TDO isn't yet established enough to survive the worlds end, or TDO has motivations beyond what we've been shown which give Thor hesitation.

Then again, I might be entirely off base here. I guess we'll learn soon enough.

The last time TDO showed up at a meeting to try and work with people to make a difference he was killed. He doesn't want to make the mistake again of going into negotiations without having his own assassin there to protect him.

At least, that is what he told Redcloak.

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

Post poste posted:

According to the 5e wiki, it still has a material component of a 50gp diamond.

Fun fact, if the spell does not say the thing is consumed when casting the spell then the item is not destroyed. So basically you just have to carry around a diamond. Not as bad as it seems.

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

My only thought is that the moment the Order is just about to convince Redcloak is when they take over V. A fireball tends to quickly end negotiations with someone who's whole deal was their God got betrayed and killed during negotiations.

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

Just a reminder, the Dark One ascended to godhood after trying to negotiate and being backstabbed by an assassin. I don't think a single sending spell will be enough to convey anything but "they are desperate to kill me and stop my knowledge."

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

At the very least it will be one team evil hadn't actually explored yet.

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

Raenir Salazar posted:

The halfling one though amusingly enough basically describes Kender and how all Kender relate to one particular Kender. I like that one a lot because they just seem to will themselves into existence like some kind of fey demigod.

You are talking about "Uncle Trapspringer" which is more just someone that all Kender wish they were related to, and so they act like they all are. Toward the end of the main series after Tasslehoff becomes a big drat hero that saves the entire world from Chaos, many Kender start talking about how they have an Uncle Tasslehoff. So it is sort of the opposite, since both of those people existed before people started to claim they were related.

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

Staltran posted:

Wait wht's the AI joke?

They can't get the hands right, just like ai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

Shadowrun has the "Chunky Salsa" rule, where if the blast of the grenade hits something that it doesn't blow up the shockwave goes back, which hits the character again. This can make a 5 foot hallway become you getting hit 6 times the damage of the grenade.