Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Rogue posted:

This is a .05/.10 NLHE Rush hand sent to me by a friend who is just starting out. His concern was that he thought he shouldn't reraise with the low end of the straight considering how short his opponents were. Comments?

http://weaktight.com/2065649

I think it's okay, just jam over that minraise on the turn as Jelly said. As for his concern, I honestly wouldn't have expected CO to have ever shown up with AK there; that said you're already ahead of both of them a lot of the time and even if you're not you should basically ALWAYS have redraw outs to the flush (unless of course UTG shows up with AKss which could happen every once in a while but that's just a super cooler).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
I'm folding pre with a 16bb stack; 53 is a trash hand even when suited and it's only going to get you into trouble, especially with your stack size in a 3-way pot. I think the situation you found yourself in this hand illustrates that pretty well - ask yourself, what would you do with 2 pair in this spot? If the answer is "make a smaller bet" or "check" then you should already see the flaw with the way you played it. I think when you open shove for more than pot your hand is fairly easy to read as a flush draw or weak ace at best.

I think I would prefer a shove pre to a flat but frankly I think a shove is pretty bad as well with this hand (only knowing what you've told us about the villains, you say V2 is a station and if he call/calls it off with a hand like 77 you're in terrible shape). You do have a great stack to go for a light 3-bet shove but you should be able to find a better spot than this one, and you definitely should not be calling off chips and chipping away at your ability to make that move.

You're in a really bad spot OTF as played because you don't have enough fold equity on even the "bad" hands that may be taking a stab at the pot to go for a C/R (I think even a hand like JTo might call you off which would obviously be a waking nightmare) and a standard lead commits you to the pot with the amount that's already in the middle and the equity you have in the hand. So your only options are check-folding (super weak, and you're likely at a spot in the tournament where you need to be accumulating chips) and open shoving (your hand is pretty much face up) - you probably chose the better of the two options. The real mistake was preflop.

• Locked thread