Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElProducto
Oct 9, 2001
if you want to live low, live low
Hand one I toss. At NL25 he's not smart enough for a checkraise bluff, and he's not going to checkraise you with just a T. I think you're beat.

Hand two I probably 3bet a little more just to get him a little more committed. Postflop obviously you don't care what comes, he's going in. If you lose, whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElProducto
Oct 9, 2001

faarcyde posted:

Assuming I have done the math right so far, the part that gets tricky for me is the fact I don't know how to put the two together as far as my hand improving goes. Who is ahead in this situation?

Where you are wrong is that you double count some cards, and sometimes one card will improve both of your hands, and the turn will give you extra outs no matter what it is. You are a little ahead of him when the money goes in, 60/40.

ElProducto
Oct 9, 2001
I raise the flop more, at least $4. You're basically minraising him with $3, and with the spades you are more than happy to take the pot here. The turn is a miracle card and you have to bet. You don't need to ch/r him because if he has a flush he thinks he just outdrew you. You raise big and he will raise more and have no choice but to put the rest in on the river. The turn call scares him and puts little money in the pot. A turn bet/call keeps him more confident and puts more money in the pot.

ElProducto
Oct 9, 2001

blah_blah posted:

He's UTG and has 80BB; it's fine; with 88 it's a raise but with hands that you play only for set value, a limp is alright.

In a full ring game this might be right but shorthanded I don't think open limping is ever a good idea.

ElProducto
Oct 9, 2001
Faarcyde I'm not trying to stir up a bunch of poo poo but are you doing the whole 'bad advice' shtick just to be funny? This isn't the only thread that you've had some pretty strange advice in.

ElProducto
Oct 9, 2001
Hey man I wasn't trying to be a dick it's just sometimes people go around and gie bad or wierd advice on purpose and it's not really what the forum is about. If you aren't doing that then you're cool by me.

ElProducto
Oct 9, 2001
Yeah you're right in that you don't want to build a pot with a mediocre hand, but if he's going to fold the turn, he's going to fold here. Calling basically gives him a free card to beat you. If you raise and he calls, the pot is big but you know you're beaten and there's no reason to fight with the hand.

ElProducto
Oct 9, 2001
Raising 3bb means raising TO 3bb. So if the big blind is 100, raising 3bb means you make it so that people have to put in 300 total to see the flop.

Alt 2 in your example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElProducto
Oct 9, 2001
Limp raising is usually indicative of a lot of strength, so yeah you probably lay it down there.

• Locked thread