Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR
http://cakepoker.com/HandHistory/?Hand=xcTHzcTFxcbNzcTExMLMzYjFwcPFwM0%3d

i am moving up to 100NL and taking some shots at it...not sure if i should of folded there? i didn't have any info on the guy..i was gonna take a shot at a rag flop..what do you guys think? i had QQ btw, incase the hh doesn't show it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR
FT: In that situation, I either raise or fold as elprod says. If he pushes or reraises, im folding. If he calls, its a whole new ball game and the turn card and his action would dictate the next move. I want to find out where I am in the hand.

souLjah fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Feb 9, 2007

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

souLjah posted:

http://cakepoker.com/HandHistory/?Hand=xcTHzcTFxcbNzcTExMLMzYjFwcPFwM0%3d

i am moving up to 100NL and taking some shots at it...not sure if i should of folded there? i didn't have any info on the guy..i was gonna take a shot at a rag flop..what do you guys think? i had QQ btw, incase the hh doesn't show it

could someone give me a little feedback? thanks :)

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

ElProducto posted:

Limp raising is usually indicative of a lot of strength, so yeah you probably lay it down there.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR
what would you do?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?821486

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

LorneReams posted:

I'm unsure which is why I'm asking. I felt uncertain after he called the turn.

he checked the river, i don't meet too many players at yours stakes and not many who will c/r the river at 50NL. Some will but not many. If you are scared on the river you could try some sort of small bet as a blocking bet but do you fold to a push? Had he pushed the river, with 2.50 more to go after that 5 dollar river bet, your calling. If you felt uncertain, you should check behind. If you felt you had him then bet but like i said, the check on the river is usually them raising the white flag and you want them to call something 1/2 pot 1/3 pot bet on the river.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

blah_blah posted:

It's just a math problem right? Pot is about $45; he shoves for $30 more, you get an overcaller, your boat outs are almost always clean, so it's $30 to you into a pot of about $111; your EV is probably about 14-24% here depending on how many boat outs are dead (two+ are dead a lot here); it's probably a fold.

Make a properly sized turn bet or just check turn though; it makes your decisions a lot easier.

Thanks, I should of checked the turn. Pusher had the set of 8's and caller had QTo, OESD . Case J on the river for quads. :(

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

blah_blah posted:

And here I thought you always had to have a flush to overcall there...

thats what i thought...then i realized i was on cake lol

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

EC10 posted:

you started the hand with 50 bb's, you flopped a J, theres broadway cards on the flop, its cake poker, and you folded at some point?

:psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

yup :(...i thought the guy filled up with that flush for sure...i won't be folding next time...150 duckets lesson learned

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

puschel posted:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?826133

Was folding the right decision? No reads, second hand on the table.

I think you were beat here but im not 100% sure. With all the limpers, he could of flopped a set, or 2pair and turned the boat or still have the better 2pair. Pot bet? i think...at the end looks like strength to me but it is 25NL. lol , not knowing anything, I fold here.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

blah_blah posted:

A raise to $2 or so

I agree, I don't know why the amount you raised didn't click at first but I do agree with everyone, def more of a flop raise there.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR
http://cakepoker.com/HandHistory/?Hand=xcTAwsTFxcfCxsTExMbDxIjFwcPFwM0%3d

im puzzled by this play...is he betting 2pair or a set? or the nuts? im not sure how to react to that bet...do i call and see what he does on the turn? provided a blank hits..1/2 pot..do i call or bump it? pot bet again im pretty sure i would fold..any thoughts would be appreciated

i had KK and keep in mind this is cake lol

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

EC10 posted:

wow this BLOWS (the situation, not your fold). i actually don't mind your fold. once you see that many callers pre you're almost playing your KK for set value.

avoid this problem by not playing full ring! :)

teach me to play 6max then cause i suck at it lol

Cactus Jack posted:

I agree with EC10 on this, that is a gross flop for your KK and a fold is most likely good here even if it is Cake (and probably because it is Cake). 99/88/77/TJ/89/78/65 all have you boned hard, so a ton of hands that would play for implied odds could've hit this. If you are doing FR, which I'm beginning to think is full of set miners and the like, you are going to have to be potting it a lot to drive people out preflop, or raising even more then that.

Thanks guys..i think I was beat there but not 100% sure. One thing I have found at 50NL and 100NL at cake is that if one guy calls, you wind up getting a few more callers because the guy called. lol

souLjah fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Feb 16, 2007

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

LuckySevens posted:

Why not just post key hands that you felt uncomfortable playing?

yup...pokerhand.org

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR
i could see the villian r/r with JJ too considering the info about him AND its A.C.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

crackstar posted:

I did push, villain called and showed JJ, river was a Q, and I ship the pot.

I posted it because I thought the flop would be a particularly tough spot against a solid opponent. I decided on the flop that I was going broke here against this particular guy, but I don't think I would against everyone. Given the same pre-flop and flop action against a conservative opponent, what would your plan be for the rest of the hand? Would you drop this hand to a flop 3-bet? How would your plan change if you're playing much deeper, like 200 or 250BB?

JJ weee...what do I win?

against a conservative player I cry and if you can only see him playing big hands then I prob fold to a 3bet on flop :(

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR
With him raising, I am not calling any raise with that so I fold. As far as what raise is too much, I am just looking to limp with that hand, I guess if it was as much as 3 bucks with limpers then I would call but if he raises, I am out. Was your read about him about to raise correct any other times? Just saying cause maybe your "read" was not a good one on him. Just curious about that.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR
http://www.pokerhand.org/?932724

no info on this guy

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR
Thanks for your input guys, I decided to call his raise and then value bet him on the river. The river became a blank and he pushed, I thought about it and only a few hands beat me there and I couldn't put him on them. I called and he flipped over KTo, gg cake! Then he left with my money

souLjah fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Mar 24, 2007

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR
What stakes does this hand pertain to? I think a pot bet or something of that size would of worked better than a push here. Unless you know for sure that he will call your push, a pot bet on the river looks fishy enough for people who bet their missed draws or who have missed and hit nothing. I def don't like the push though. This is 6max btw, correct?

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR
http://cakepoker.com/HandHistory/?Hand=xcfMxsTFxcbNzcTExMPGxYjFwcPFwM0%3d

No history on the player

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

ZeroStar posted:

I don't think anyone can find a fold here, there are flush and straight draws out he could be semi-bluffing with, and the only hands that beat you are 77 and 66 (maybe some weird 56s, 67s).

The fact that the board is all low cards also makes it a candidate for a c/r bluff for some opponents I think, who believe you are just cbetting with OCs. All pocket pairs over 7 can make a raise here too.

I would probably play it the same. I don't think anyone is folding here unless it is to an ultra nit who never bluffs, and even then he could have TT-KK or something.

I don't think I could get away from that hand. I figured it was a go broke hand. In that situation.

blah_blah posted:

Everything else aside, you can't really fold when you pot the flop. I'd bet less, not because I want to fold, but I think that 88+ is a lot more likely to reraise when you bet $14 or so on the flop.

Ok thanks, I will keep that in mind. I figured that potting it will also look fishy as players tend to make that play sometimes with air.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

Biggy_ posted:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1956224

Standard spewing from me? I thought his range was 88-1010 or kj, qj and maybee aj. I'd be expecting to get folds from those most of the time. Even getting it in like that, I still have a fair number of outs to suck out

I would have called the turn and seen what he bet on the river or if you hit your backdoor flush. 1/2 pot I might have called it, anything more im folding there.

I don't know how many tables your playing when you play poker but for me at least, im folding JTs to a raise probably. Sometimes I would call with it, sometimes I won't. But im a nit and I play a lot of tables.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

Xyven posted:

I don't play full ring much but this could definitely be a spot to fold aces. I mean he limp/calls and then c/raises big on a 766 flop. What could he have there? Some bullshit connector like 56 or whatever got there, and unless he has exactly 89s he probably doesn't go nuts with just a straight or a flush draw. You're basically hoping he decided to run a big bluff (unlikely for a FR.5/1 player) or is overplaying 88-TT. I'm not sure if i end up folding this, but i think you should be able to make this and tougher folds if you want to play 10 handed games.

I do agree that I should be able to make tough folds like that. Ive seen a lot of limps with TT-QQ on cake at .5/1. Either they are major tight or they try to get tricky with it. And they love AA and KK to open limp in EP. At the time I put him on anywhere from 88-KK. I also get guys that come in and will go after me on a low flop cause they see im playing a lot of tables and I am a tight player. Some of them will go balls to wall to get me to fold, some will just try the flop and give up on the turn.

souLjah fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jan 18, 2008

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

Kakesu posted:

I think I played this well, but I'd like to hear some second opinions on it.

Game is a .25/.50 home game, $20 buyins. We've been playing for about 4 hours, and I've held even for most of it. I'm the only one at the table of 5 remaining players who hasn't re-bought (some people multiple times). My image is very tight - I won a few hands in the early part of the evening to put me ahead a bit, but have been drawing card dead for a long time, and have been doing a lot of folding or limping then folding after the flop.

I get dealt 88 in late position. UTG folds, I raise to $2.50. This is the first time I've raised pre-flop in a long time, and some players actually comment on it. Dealer folds, both blinds call.

Small blind is a loose player who sees a lot of flops, but doesn't win many hands - but when he does, he wins big. Big blind is an experienced player who won a lot of hands early, but has been on tilt lately after 3 consecutive bad beats, including one that the rest of the table has been teasing him about relentlessly (which hasn't helped his tilt). I honestly have no idea of small blind's range, as he makes a lot of calls but doesn't showdown much. Big blind I would put on any two cards above a 7, as well as any pocket pair.

The flop comes 57J rainbow. Small blind checks, Big blind bets $4.

What do I do here?
Put in a raise and find out where your at.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

JCarver posted:

There is no such thing as "raising to find out where you are at". There are almost never ever hands where your primary reason for acting will be for "finding out where you are at". You are either ahead or behind, and raising will probably make better hands call and worse hands fold. You accomplish nothing and allow your opponent to play near-optimally.

I just flatcall and evaluate what the turn card is and what the action is.

Ok so the small blind folds and the turn card comes up say a 2. He fires again say 1/2 of the pot. What do you do here? I would wonder if he thinks I have AK or something like that and missed and is betting his pp?

If i was multi-tabling, I would have suggested the call and see what he does on the turn. Probably folding to a good size bet. But i feel like im more of a nit when multitabling. Thats probably a problem in my game as I should play the same whether im playing 1 or 8 tables.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

Harry Hood posted:

$20 stacks, remember. Any raise (except like a min) is pretty much getting all the money in so if he's beat he's probably getting stacked and if he's ahead then he wins the pot right there. A call on the flop seems much better, not sure about the turn.

Woops, I missed the $20 dollar stacks. Thought it was $50, my mistake.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

artard posted:

Ok here's a general topic I've been thinking about lately. What are your guys thoughts on bankroll requirements for playing a lot of tables? In my case it's 9 tables of 6max. Obviously the oldschool 30 buyin requirements are a bad idea, but I'm struggling with exactly how much I need. My current thoughts is to drop down if I get go below 50 buyins at my current limit and start mixing in higher tables when I hit 40 buyins for the next limit (with the idea of 9 tabling it by the time I'm around 60 buyins).

I play .5/1 nl full ring and 8 table. I have followed the 30 buyin rule generally but im full ring. I don't play 6max but im guessing you need more buyins for it. I didn't realize that you needed that many. I usually average 1 -4 buyin swings on any given day.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

EC10 posted:

Anything less than 50 buyins for 6+ tabling your main limit of 6 max cash is insane. If you're taking a shot/only playing a couple tables then less is obviously fine (provided you are going to stop/drop back down if you lose a couple buyins).

I highly recommend stop losses regardless of # of buyins in your bankroll. Last week I had a -15 buyin session at 6max and even though after thorough review I've determined that pretty much every all in was standard I should have stopped after like 5 buyins. Unless you're one of the 0.00000001% of people who don't tilt at poker, dropping 5+ buyins WILL affect your game.

If you're a professional and 9 tabling 6max I'd say that anything less than 100 buyins for your main limit is a bad idea. It just makes it much easier for your mental state and game when even the worst losing session (which will happen "frequently" if you grind a lot of hands) won't put a huge dent in your BR.
Can you drop the buyin requirement for full ring opposed to 6max? I believe you don't need as many buyins but I could be wrong.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR
I would definitely not be raising there with KTo in the SB, maybe on the button but there are a lot of limpers. For your cbet, forgetting that you raised with KTo, I would bet anywhere from 1/2 pot+. I like to mix it up and bet anywhere from 1/2 pot to pot with a cbet this way your not making any patterns(hopefully). Your turn bet is too much I think. I didn't do the math but if the pot is 7.65 like you said, I would bet 2 or 3 bucks there. If there was a flopped flush draw than I would bet like 4 on the turn.

souLjah fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 21, 2008

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

Big Poppa posted:

I see what everyone is saying, KTo is very very weak, and that shouldn't of been the spot to try to be aggressive.

I guess here would be a decent spot to post some stats on my NL game so maybe I can get some feedback as far as loose/tight and so on.

This is through 2474 hands of NL4 (~1600 hands) and NL10(~800 hands) this month. (Edit: All games are full ring - 10 seated)

Flops - 593/2474 ~ 23.97%
SB Defend - 146/297 ~ 49.16%
BB Defend - 203/311 ~ 65.26%
Hands Won - 264
Showdown - 76/155 ~ 49.03%

NL4 P/L = +42.17
NL10 P/L = -21.31
SNG ($1 + $5) = +40.70

My BR is about $130 right now from an initial investment of $50. I started on NL4 and $1.20 SNG's until about $100, now I am taking 1 table shots at NL10 FR. When I lose a buy in for NL10, I drop down to NL4 until that buy in is remade.

From those stats though can there be a generalization made on my play, at least preflop?

What is your bb/110 for nl4? Im guessing your using PT with those stat numbers. I started at nl25 so I have no experience at those low levels. I think you might want to put some more time in at nl4 or tighten up at nl10. You can always open your range as you gain experience and feel comfortable but I would say definitely tighten up if you stay at nl10.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

ultimatemike posted:

Whatever. 64BB/100 is totally sustainable. POKER'S ABOUT HEART NOT MATH

You tell them mike. you luckbox :)

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1982004

The only time I see a check on that flop after a PFR is from a set of queens. Can I fold to the minraise? I don't see people playing aces or kings and slow playing them like that to get me to be on the turn.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

40 OZ posted:

Got any stats on him?

His line does look exactly like a set, if he is a FR nit.

I think you can fold here. Baluga theorem lol

No stats, this is cake

You put him on a set, what set would you say? 7's? or did he flop it? he raised PF over 2 limpers

Ive seen him around before, i know he is not a complete idiot but thats all i know about it, seemed to be a TAG to me at least

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

blah_blah posted:

plz to be folding preflop. call turn / fold river unimproved?

So you fold this preflop, what about AQs? call? So you would call the minraise and fold to a river be unimproved?

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

blah_blah posted:

AQs should be a fold here as well. Your hand doesn't play well multiway and it is a 6x open and you are dominated a lot.

e: yes as played i can't fold turn getting those odds.

e2: I think that the open size does make a big difference. I'd probably call a 4x open but a 6x open seems really strong and it's not even like it's (exactly) a potsized open either, so he purposely made it 6x instead of mashing the 'bet pot' button.

A lot of people on cake won't raise anything less than 5x at nl100 with a few limpers, 4x i see sometimes when they want to open or the guy is a complete tard but 5x and 6x seems to be whats the standard raise

I called the turn and called the river bet :(

Guy turned up 33, hit the set on the flop

Not a standard play from someone like him but 40oz was right with the set line, i didn't put him on a set though

I don't see TAG's raising with a small pp like that all that often so I was def shocked to see him turn that up.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

40 OZ posted:

It is just looking at the hand, it looks unlikely he would hold anything else than a set that would have him checking the flop. I can't see any reason a tag would check ATC here other than hoping you catch up. At FR, very many players will raise any PP in any position even to limpers.

This is all heavily read dependent, I mean, at NL10 you could push into his KQ or frush draw, but a vanilla tag at FR is usually very tight in this situation, and given his erratic play on an extremely dry board I'd say fold.

edit- I used to play alot of FR but recently made the switch. At NL100/200, most regs i saw raise any PP the same from any position, since you aren't really very concerned about position with a low PP.

edit2- I sound like a dick now that I know the results, but I typed this up before.

Ive played probably 100k+ FR nl100 hands on cake and never really seen TAG's showing a small to medium pp when raising over limpers like that to 6x. I don't know why but I just haven't. But I am not perfect and will make a note of that and def try to adjust cause I was def suprised.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

Biggy_ posted:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1982770

Call or shove over?

I don't play 6max but I would shove.

I could see QQ there, what did the guy have?

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

concerned parent of three posted:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1984809
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1984804

2 hands w/AQ..what do you guys think?

I don't play 6max but I think the first one is normal. The 2nd one I thought he had AK before I saw what he actually had. As far as standard, I don't know since its 6max but I would personally fold AQ there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

dontpanic posted:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (9 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

BB ($12.78)
UTG ($5.43)
UTG+1 ($6.08)
MP1 ($2.40)
MP2 ($5.18)
Hero ($8.57)
CO ($7.30)
Button ($3.33)
SB ($7.37)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K :cthulhu:, A :cthulhu:.
UTG calls $0.05, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, CO calls $0.25, 3 folds, UTG calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.82) 8 :ham:, 7 :siren:, K :siren: (3 players)
UTG bets $0.15, Hero raises to $0.65, CO folds, UTG calls $0.50.

Turn: ($2.12) J :cthulhu: (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets $1.2, UTG raises to $3.65, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $6.97

I'd say its a fold here, I see a set 77, 88 or possibly KJ but more likely a set.

• Locked thread