Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
KQs vs A2s shorthanded with a flush on the flop. Is there any way out, or is this a standard cooler?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
http://cakepoker.com/HandHistory/?Hand=xcTAwMTFxcfMwMTExMTCzYjFx8TBwsU%3d

Should I have bet more on the river?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

bigfatspacko_uk posted:

He's bet half of his stack by the turn, there's not really much more you can bet. Would you get the extra $2.20 by putting him in?

I'm unsure which is why I'm asking. I felt uncertain after he called the turn.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
What's the best way to handle a bet that is not as big as you want before you, but a raise of that bet may be too big for the pot? I was in that situation a few times last weekend, and I'm always torn on what to do.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

OlSpazzy posted:

Situation dependent. Is this pre-flop? Flop? Turn? River? Is the villain a call-station? A nit? Will he bet/call the turn if you just call?

The question is too universal for what should be a very specific player-dependent situation. Sometimes the correct thing to do is go ahead and blast the gently caress out of the bettor, other times you should just call and let him lead again.

This is what I thought. I think I call too often and it's a leak.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I'm sitting 3/5 live with about $2100 UTG. I get dealt KK both black at a fairly lively table. I bump to $40, and get two callers, MP and dealer, both have me covered. MP just doubled up the last hand with AA (his first hand BTW, and he played it retardedly) and the dealer I know will call a raise from this position with just about any two.

Flop was Q76 with two diamonds. I lead out $150, MP folds and dealer thinks a sec and calls.

Turn A not diamond. I check with the intention of CR and dealer checks.

River was like a 3 no diamond or something, no flushes on board.

What's the correct move here because I think I hosed it up?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
http://cakepoker.com/en/HandHistory/Default.aspx?Hand=xczGx8TFxcLGwMTExcfNw4jFx8TBwsU%3d

Are my bet sizes correct? I had AK.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

odiv posted:

Why aren't you raising on the flop? TPTK isn't a hand you really want to slowplay with on that board.

It felt like even a min raise would be too much, but I guess I'm wrong. I'll just have to adjust.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
My personal range for shoving that turn is pretty wide.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
BBs are BBs are BBs.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

EngineerSean posted:

what is $1.20 then (the unit of measurement that this hand uses)

I feel like I'm missing something obvious, it was to call a 7.5BB raise (from a 3BB raise)?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

EngineerSean posted:

Well I guess if you can divide $1.20 by 16 cents instantly while playing then these are good stakes to play!

As an aside, I never understood why the local tourny I play goes 100/200 to 200/400 to 300/600 to 400/800 to 600/1200 skipping 500/1000.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Silly question, for the new years, there was a local tourny of Crazy Pinapple which I have never played before. If everyone is all-in preflop, do you discard before you open your cards? There was a small discussion about that.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

silvergoose posted:

I would definitely have cards not open until the discard. Influencing any strategy due to showing cards would change how a hand ends up, and that should probably not happen, tournament or no tournament.

This was the exact argument. The rules say that you need to open when there is no more possible action, but then what is the order of discarding, etc.

I just said discarding is an action, and you don't open until after, but I wasn't on the floor, so meh.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I would have pushed, but I'm a bad poker player.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
The villain (with your read) is raising any hand he hit with that flop. I may 4 bet there, but I think you need to c/c or repop the turn.

I can't think of anything I'm folding there, the turn actually makes it easier to bet out.

Disclaimer I am a bad poker player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Ranma posted:

what?

Turn we have like 700, we're getting it in or folding pretty much

Blinky I agree but I'm not worried about getting exploited at 2/5 by an old man. Feels so gross putting 200bb in here, and gross folding FML

I'm just saying as the villian, I'm playing that hand basically the exact some way with such a large range of cards, I can't see folding, but I guess that's position for you. Sick spot.

• Locked thread