Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
friendshiprainbow
Mar 8, 2004

weeeeeeee!!!
http://cakepoker.com/HandHistory/?Hand=xcTHw8TFxcbNwcTExMDEzYjFxsPBxsI%3d

I'm Naru420, and though it does not show, I'm holding KQo (neither is a heart).

My question: what to do on that flop? I raised fairly big ($1) preflop to try to thin out some people, but got way more action then I wanted. Can I take a strong lead at that flop?

K9 is easily possible with that many people and of course AK is possible, though I think AK would have reraised preflop. Still, one of the later callers could easily have AK and been scared to reraise.

After the short stack all-in, more and more calls. I called and planned to lead a non-heart, non-ace turn.

... and then that came and I didn't lead. The pot was huge, and any raise would have meant going all-in. Anyways, after there its a mess. But what can I do before that?

As a note, I don't think limping KQo is good here, or folding preflop. Its too strong not to play, and usually a raise to $1 seems to cut it down to 1, 2, or at the very most 3 people coming to the flop with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

friendshiprainbow
Mar 8, 2004

weeeeeeee!!!
Hand from Cake $50NL 6-max. Sorry for the lack of hand history, it happened several days ago but I've been thinking about it:

Folds to me in CO, I have $50 and QcQx. I raise to $2.25. Button folds. SB (with around $28) and BB (with around $40) both call. Now, its Cake, they could literally have anything, any two cards suited, any two semi-connected cards, anything.

Pot is $6.10.

Flop is 4c2c4x. SB thinks for a second, bets pot. BB calls. I...?

SB's bet is almost certainly not a 4. I've never ever seen someone on Cake who flopped trips like that lead out, and certainly never ever with a pot-sized bet. This leaves him with a 2 (very possible) or a smallish-overpair (55-88, maybe even 99 or TT).

BB's call threw me a little, but it could easily be a flush draw, perhaps a 2, and maybe even a slow-played 4. He might have something like 35 or A3 for some form of straight draw (although the gutshot is a bit unlikely since he called a pot-sized bet).

I'm getting 3 to 1 odds to call, but I really have no idea where I'm at. I'm probably still ahead, but scare cards are any club, ace, maybe a king, and maybe a straight card.

What do I do here? Any reraise will get SB to push or fold, while BB could possibly call a reraise but definitely would get it in on the turn if he had much of anything. Leading out with a pot-sized bet usually means a fairly strong from Cake players, but trips almost always check raise. Is folding an option? Do I have to just grit my teeth and push?

I ended up pushing, trying to get the money in when I was ahead of flush draws, etc. SB instacalls with AxTx, no draws, and BB instacalls with Ks4s, having me crushed. Sigh.

• Locked thread