Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dumbhand
Nov 5, 2004

WATCH OUT!

TheKING posted:

I usually stay far away from SHNL, so go easy on me. I didn't have reads on the guy, but it just seemed like a weird way to play AA so I wasn't convinced, and figured my 6 outs may pad me a little bit in any case. I'm pretty sure it was played wrong, so give me some advice.

I don't mind the flop raise if you think he's LAG and trying to buy it, but after he limp/reraises PF and then 3bets allin i don't see how you can be drawing to anything but 6 outs.

edit: I think c/c is definetly a good play, and probably the right play. The reason I advocated raising the flop is this:

A limp reraise means one of two things: "I have AA-KK!!!" or "Always raising every time I limp, gently caress YOU I RAISE YOU BACK!"

Generally you're raising limpers very liberally from LP, and as a result he might be playing back at you with anything.

If you check/call the flop, and a blank falls on the turn, and he bets 2/3 - pot, you'd really need to fold.

A raise on the flop (maybe smaller, maybe 12) allows you to really get him to define his hand. When he pushes you know you're drawing to 6 outs and must fold.

I could be wrong about alot of this, but that's my thinking.

dumbhand fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Feb 2, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread