Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiwi29
Dec 11, 2005
I have been 4 tabling and villian has stacked two complete donks 2 1/2 times to build up a pretty deep stack I am deep aswell so i have a problem with this hand. I have little to no read because of 4 tabling unfortunatly -

nl $0.5/$1

P.S I'm trying to manually convert, hopefully it's somewhat readable...

***** Hand 533636944 *****
0.50/1.00 Texas Hold'em (No Limit) - Monday, February 12, 2007 5:33:52 PM
Table TH 944 (Real/Cash Game)
Seat 1: Hero (241.87)
Seat 2: blank1 (94.74)
Seat 3: villian (372.80)
Seat 4: blank2 (102.10)
Seat 5: blank3 (115.17)
blank1 post SB 0.50
villian post BB 1.00
** Deal **
Hero [A :d:, A :s: ]
*** Bet Round 1 ***
blank1 Fold
blank2. Call 1.00
Hero Raise to 5.00
blank3 Fold
villian Raise to 15.00
blank2. Fold
Hero Raise to 40.00
villian Call 40.00
*** Flop(Board): *** : [K :h:, 4 :s:, 4 :h: ]
*** Bet Round 2 ***
Vil Check
Hero Check
*** Turn(Board): *** : [K :h:, 4 :s:, 4 :h:, 5 :c:]
*** Bet Round 3 ***
Vil Bet 45.00
Hero Call 45.00
*** River(Board): *** : [K :h:, 4:s:, 4:h:, 5:c:, 6 :d:]
*** Bet Round 4 ***
Vil All-in 287.80
Hero ?

I'd like to read some responses before i give my thought process, and my actions, cheers guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiwi29
Dec 11, 2005

blah_blah posted:

Your small pf 4-bet is a little bad, but not as gross as your flop check (seriously, wtf?). He probably has AK/KK 80% of the time and some sort of random middle pair that he's bluffing with the rest of the time. Your hand is underrepresented, you may have induced a bluff, there is $170 in the pot and it is $150 more to you, plus you have the effective second nuts; this absolutely has to be a call without reads.

As turkey wrote "I disagree. Violently." So I'll use that ;)

Okay, given i dont have a complete read a tight range is probably AK, jj+, given i 4bet smallish he probably feels he has an opportunity to stack me if he sets up. So that was my range for him. The 4bet is small i agree.

When a flop comes down with a K on it it changes the hand drastically, i tie AA, beat AK, QQ, JJ, and obviously lose to KK.

The reasoning behind my flop check is this, and i'm surprised you guys jumped all over it to be honest. Betting here just makes better hands call and worse hands fold.

QQ, JJ will not stack off on this flop obviously. I have to give the villain an opportunity to either bluff or feel his hand his the best. By checking here i accomplish this goal provided an A doesnt come down. Villian will clearly put me on slowplaying KK or QQ, JJ. If this is the case, AK definitely felt, and QQ will probably felt by river, and JJ is given an opportunity to bluff on a later street.

There is no need in my opinion to narrow down my villains range on the flop, as it is pretty narrow given preflop, and let's face it betting on the flop just makes better hands call.

As played and i know this is results oriented, villain showed KTs (W T F?) obviously putting me on QQ-, i felt this could not have been accomplished had it not for been the way i played the hand, I'm curious to hear reactions to my thought process as you guys seemed very against checking this flop.

edit: this is fortune :) so no stats

kiwi29 fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 12, 2007

kiwi29
Dec 11, 2005

blah_blah posted:

You may think that you are setting a brilliant Jamie Gold-esque

Ouch! :)

After reading your post i must concede that i was not getting the maximum value because of my line.

blah_blah posted:

most of the time you are better off betting the flop and letting people make mistakes there than trying to get them to get out of line by checking.

This is true i think i was too focused on trying to get value from lower pairs then getting money in as quick as possible.

I wanted advice on this hand because it is pretty much the exact opposite way i play deep pocket pairs.

Perhaps i am being too results oriented :) Cheers for your advice blah_blah

• Locked thread