Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
My setup (mostly inherited):

Sharp 480p LCD TV
Technics SA-AX540 Receiver
Two free, old, loving loud and spectacular sounding speakers
Chipped Xbox running XBMC through the hi-def cable pack (at 480p)
A not-in-picture Intel iMac running a 300 GB library of media over Samba (and XBMC hates it most of the time)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shookwell
Oct 3, 2004
no fuckin cornflakes

Nothing too fancy.
Sony 32" LCD and Dell 19" connected to my PC, with the Macbook connected with synergy, and some cheap Dell 5.1 sound.

(The paper stand holding the Sony is temporary, I haven't had time to set anything up.)

crab avatar
Mar 15, 2006

iŧ Kë3Ł, cħ gøÐ i- <Ecl8

shookwell posted:

Nothing too fancy.

Oh my GOD you have no idea how much I want your setup.

Commander Jebus
Sep 9, 2001

You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought...

Just finished Wall-Mounting and wanted to show off the results. Still have some cable management issues to resolve...

pickitup13
Dec 16, 2005

What model is that Sharp, Lt. Jebus?

Commander Jebus
Sep 9, 2001

pickitup13 posted:

What model is that Sharp, Lt. Jebus?

46D62U

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Lt. Jebus posted:

46D62U

Nice setup, hockey looks so awesome in HD.

For cables you could fish the wall straight down and just install a nice keystone jack solution of some sort to get all the inputs/outputs you need and then just use jumpers to your equipment. Or if you have a basement/attic fish down/up and then down/up in the relevant cavity for your equipment.

authentic
Mar 19, 2005

All I ever do is throw 70 yard TD passes...
That's just how I roll.
I got a couple things to contribute to this thread...

First and foremost :

The new Toshiba 57HL67 1080P DLP HDTV

Next is a Cerwin Vega VE5C Center channel

A Tripp Lite TLP1000LCD Voltage Regulator/UPS Backup

A Sony STRDG500 5.1 Surround Receiver

Xbox 360 + HDDVD Drive

Nintendo Wii

Also a Dish VIP211 HD Satellite Box

A WD MYBOOK 400 GB HDD for Media Storage

A pair of Cerwin Vega VE5M to match the Center, on Tech Craft speaker stands.

Also a giant plush microfiber reclining couch that eats all my remotes.

A pair of Cerwin Vega E710 Floorstanding speakers in the front.

The TV Stand is a Bush VS1156003.

A Cerwin Vega CLSC12S 12 Inch subwoofer.

My computer setup - 13 IN White Macbook w Mac keyboard and Logitech MX Revolution Mouse.

Logitech Z-5500 w 12 IN sub running optical with the Macbook.

Finally, and no setup is complete without this : a minifridge/wine cooler.

authentic
Mar 19, 2005

That's just how I roll.

illcendiary posted:

Goddamn adults with your salaries that let you buy this stuff. One day I'll be able to :argh:

LOL I'm 21. :\

pickitup13
Dec 16, 2005

Lt. Jebus posted:

46D62U

How do you like the black levels and overall picture on it? If you play video games or watch sports, is there any lag at all?

dum2007
Jun 13, 2001
I may be the victim of indigestion, but she is the product of it.
Pretty simple...

LG 42" Plasma. 1080i. Sitting on a lovely black IKEA table.
Shaw HD PVR (Hooked to the 42" over HDMI)
LG 5.1 HTS (Hooked to the 42" over Component)

Also I've got an optical cable running from the TV to the HTS. That way the audio goes digitally from the shaw PVR, to the TV, to the HTS.

The best part has been listening to The Flaming Lips DVDs (Zaireeka, Yoshimi) in 5.1.

I love Conan.

illcendiary posted:

Goddamn adults with your salaries that let you buy this stuff. One day I'll be able to :argh:

22. It's not that expensive.

dum2007 fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Apr 25, 2007

Little Tortilla Boy
Dec 10, 2006
Arnold Schwarzenegger is...

authentic posted:

My computer setup - 13 IN White Macbook w Mac keyboard and Logitech MX Revolution Mouse.

Logitech Z-5500 w 12 IN sub running optical with the Macbook.

Might I ask how you are running optical from your MacBook? As far as I know there is no optical out on a MacBook, and I just flipped mine on its side to check. I might be picking up some new Logitech speakers for mine in a few months, and if I could do optical, it'd be sweet!

complex
Sep 16, 2003

Little Tortilla Boy posted:

Might I ask how you are running optical from your MacBook? As far as I know there is no optical out on a MacBook, and I just flipped mine on its side to check. I might be picking up some new Logitech speakers for mine in a few months, and if I could do optical, it'd be sweet!

The headphone port is a combo toslink/regular headphone port. See: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303722 My mini has the same thing.

Little Tortilla Boy
Dec 10, 2006
Arnold Schwarzenegger is...

complex posted:

The headphone port is a combo toslink/regular headphone port. See: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303722 My mini has the same thing.
Ah, that's cool! Is the sound quality a lot better using the toslink adapter?

authentic
Mar 19, 2005

That's just how I roll.
man its tons better, i reccommend it 100%

Commander Jebus
Sep 9, 2001

pickitup13 posted:

How do you like the black levels and overall picture on it? If you play video games or watch sports, is there any lag at all?

I do both (watch sports + Video games) and I love the TV. Good black levels, Excellent picture quality and no lag or "ghosting". Some minor banding, but not really noticable unless I'm looking for it against a grey screen so I can live with it, although it has been temping to call Sharp and set up a warranty claim, considering those folks at AVS that did it report that if you complain long/loud enough, Sharp sends you a 92U for a replacement. We will see.

If you are in the market for an LCD now, I would probably point you towards either the Samsung LN-T or the new Aquos 92U. Better PQ, Black Levels and inputs.

Sychopath
Sep 27, 2000
Here's my current setup (no pictures since I don't have a digital camera :v: it's on my things-to-get list!)

TV:
50" Panasonic TH-50PH9UK

AV Receiver:
Denon-2807 = HDMI out to TV

Speakers:
Some 10 year old Pioneer HTIB speakers that I'm slowly replacing with Polk speakers, starting with the center channel with the Polk CS2 and the satellites with Polk Monitor 30s. Subwoofer is a Yamaha that I bought a few months ago from Best Buy, don't remember exact model.

Miscellaneous:
PS3 = HDMI in to Denon
Toshiba HD-A2 = HDMI in to Denon
Wii = Component to Denon
Dish Network Vip211 = Component + optical toslink to Denon
Pioneer DVD player (have it for non region 1 DVDs) = Component + optical toslink to Denon

My Xbox 360 is in my room connected to my 22" Samsung monitor, didn't want to spend the $80 for the wireless adapter, so until it drops down in price, it'll stay in my room next to my router.

edit: photos will be coming this weekend as I get my digital camera on Friday.

Sychopath fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Apr 25, 2007

authentic
Mar 19, 2005

That's just how I roll.
well, the xbox 360 wifi adapter can be found for as low as 50 dollars these days.

also, belkin makes one that works better than the official one for like 19.99.

NO_CARRIER
May 1, 2003
ATH0

grillster posted:

Two free, old, loving loud and spectacular sounding speakers

Forgive me if I don't believe you.

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!

authentic posted:

also, belkin makes one that works better than the official one for like 19.99.

I can't turn up any obvious candidate for this via Google. Got a name or model number? I need to get on the Xbox Live bus and $20 is the right price.

Schmuckrat
Sep 9, 2004
Hazy with attendant thoughts
Here is my bedroom audio and home theatre setup. The 37" 1080p screen is also my primary monitor, hence the desk in front of it. I have a chair that gets wheeled out of the way for movies and music listening on the couch.

720p on the screen. Wish I could get some 1080p action! I need an Xbox HD-DVD drive for the PC I guess.

Computer optical out -> Zhaolu D2.5 DAC w/headphone amp upgrade -> Jungson JA-99C pre-amp -> Jungson JA-1 Class A power amp -> Australian-made Osborn Interludes. I also have a pair of ATH-AD900 headphones sitting on top there.

Onkyo TX-SR501 for 5.1. At the moment that centre channel isn't doing anything because my fronts are far better quality. Rears are also generic tower speakers, but they do the job fine. Subwoofer (upon which the screen sits - hence the foam padding; at high volumes it still causes the screen to pulse) is an Australian-made Aslan Acoustics Pro-12.

These speakers are finished so nicely; real timber shells. They sound good too :) I am envious of you Americans with your huge high-definition screens at realistic prices though!

TehKrond
Oct 13, 2002

France is for Gays and Damn Dirty Jews, Both of which own Hollywood
Where did you get those pillows

authentic
Mar 19, 2005

That's just how I roll.
seems alot of people are interested in that, ill get the model number when i get a chance and post it.

sl0hburn
Aug 3, 2006

I think fast track driving is a little like playing the bagpipes, you know, a gentleman can - but doesn't.
Nothing too fancy.

Oh drat, didn't realize those pictures looked quite that much like rear end. umm... Maybe I will find a real camera soon and take some better pictures.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

authentic
Mar 19, 2005

That's just how I roll.

sl0hburn posted:

Nothing too fancy.

Oh drat, didn't realize those pictures looked quite that much like rear end. umm... Maybe I will find a real camera soon and take some better pictures.

i cant really tell from your cell phone pics, but is that a toshiba 32/37hl67?

Schmuckrat
Sep 9, 2004
Hazy with attendant thoughts

TehKrond posted:

Where did you get those pillows

Hah, I thought that would come up. My sister made them for me for my birthday. How awesome is that?

Stingray 2.0
Mar 13, 2003

"They had no good cigars there, my lord; and I left the place in disgust." --Alfred Lord Tennyson, returning from Venice
What the hell, I could stand to get out of TFR a little more often.
Click for big:

TV: Samsung PCL5415R (current status: moderately weak link. Upgrading within a year or so)
DVD: Panasonic DVD-RP56 (weakest link, upgrading within a month or three)
PS2, Gamecube, DirecTivo
Receiver: Yamaha RX-V1700 (I love this thing. Self-calibration rules)

Front L/R: B&W 602.5 s3
Center: B&W LCR600 S3
Rears: (not pictured) B&W DS6 S3
Sub: Hsu Research VTF3-Mk3
Cat Toy: Feather w/ bells on a string

I obviously need to work on the wiring, but in my defense that pic is from a bit ago and it's a little tidier now. Not much, but a little. The whole setup is controlled by a Harmony 880. Plans for the future include adding another pair of DS6s to go to 7.1, doing the wiring up properly, getting a dvd player that didn't see me through four years of college with a computer case-modding itch so that now it has a window on top that makes it vibrate and hum at certain points on the disc, upgrading the TV, hacking the TiVo, and figuring out some way to fix the resonance issue in the room so stuff from 20-23hz doesn't vibrate poo poo off the left wall regardless of volume. Or more likely, better securing said poo poo. Also, new carpet.

Energon5
Dec 29, 2006
Figure i'll post my setup here.

TV:

DVD's

And my little comp area

sl0hburn
Aug 3, 2006

I think fast track driving is a little like playing the bagpipes, you know, a gentleman can - but doesn't.

authentic posted:

i cant really tell from your cell phone pics, but is that a toshiba 32/37hl67?

32hl67 yes. I am currently running it out of my PC via DVI->HDMI, works fairly well.

The monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 204b.

authentic
Mar 19, 2005

That's just how I roll.
nice, i like those alot. though im somewhat partial to toshiba.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

This is my only AV set-up of sorts currently. 2 Dell 2007FPW's and a pair of KRK RP5 Rokit Powered Monitors. Works fine for my little room, and I just turn the right monitor all the way to the right to watch it from my bed.

Cancelbot
Nov 22, 2006

Canceling spam since 1928

Video:

(Samsung 205BW)

Audio:

(Shure E4C)

Source:

(Yes, that is a laptop without a screen, the hinges broke and i couldnt find an adaptor, still works perfectly though)

Definitely not a hardcore setup, but it serves me well v:shobon:v

Mode 7 Samurai
Jan 9, 2001

oops posted in the wrong thread without realizing it.

Mode 7 Samurai fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Apr 30, 2007

Tim-may!!!
Jun 22, 2002

Samsung 67" 1080p DLP
Yamaha 7.1 100x7 watts
Polk main speakers, can't remember model
Cerwin Vega center channel
Klipsh 10" sub
Cambridge Soundworks Surround II rears
Canton rears
Xbox 360 with HD-DVD drive
Homemade Media Center PC
Verizon FIOS dual tuner HD PVR

Whiplash
Dec 6, 2002

Turbonegro must be destroyed.

Samsung HL-T5687S, 56" DLP 1080p with LED Light Engine
Onkyo TX-3511, 2.0 200 Watt Stereo Receiver, getting the Onkyo TX-SR604 once I put down money for a new apartment.
Sony 250 Watt max speaker (model unknown, as they were inherited)
XBox 360 (not Elite :( )
HD Cable box (Not Pictured)
HTPC, home built, kinda crappy, need to upgrade (Can't see in this picture, it's right behind the bag of Spike's)

Old Picture, but you get the point.

I really love my TV, which I got for a wicked deal because Best Buy hosed me on the first HD TV I bought.
My receiver is great, but it's only stereo, so that's why I'm stepping up once I know I can spend the money.
And yes, i know that you're never supposed to underpower speakers, but I never have to get the volume up more than halfway, so I'm not concerned about blowing my speakers.

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.
There is some sweet stuff in here.. I have a tough time rationalizing the purchase of a new tv though until mine breaks.

Without further ado, my un-noteworthy setup;

TV: 170lbs of Sony Wega 51" KP-51WS520; this TV has been rock solid for 3 years now
Satellite: DirecTv HR10 w/ Tivo (component)
DVD: Philips DVP3960 upscaling 1080i divx/xvid mp3 player (HDMI)
Video games: Gen 2 PS2 (S-video); Wii (component)

Soon to be had (maybe tonight) is a surround sound system of unknown brand (haven't picked it out yet).

The only real reason I'm posting this is because I love the way my new bookshelf/entertainment center looks. All the entertainment stuff used to be tucked on an end-table, and all my DVD's were crammed in this other bookshelf dealie we had, and I think this is at LEAST 20 times better looking.

TehKrond
Oct 13, 2002

France is for Gays and Damn Dirty Jews, Both of which own Hollywood
Where'd you get that shelving? Looks a bit better than Ikea. I might be in the market for something very similar soon enough. That's a very attractive picture you've taken for some reason :)

vvv cool, thanks! vvv

TehKrond fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 30, 2007

BattleHork
Nov 1, 2005

MMMM, MANDOM.

TehKrond posted:

Where'd you get that shelving? Looks a bit better than Ikea. I might be in the market for something very similar soon enough. That's a very attractive picture you've taken for some reason :)

I think this is it:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_1/601-7112455-2664937?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000GT0FPA

It doesn't say they have it in-store on the website, but they do have it in-store in at least two of the Targets around where I live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.

TehKrond posted:

vvv cool, thanks! vvv
Thanks, just a quick shot with my S3 IS I have no idea how to use. :)

Unless you were talking about the one over the TV, which would be more deserving, and which I didn't take. :)

BattleHork posted:

I think this is it:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_1/601-7112455-2664937?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000GT0FPA

It doesn't say they have it in-store on the website, but they do have it in-store in at least two of the Targets around where I live.
Good call, that's exactly the one. :) The box was big, like 6'+ long, and a foot or so call, and 18" wide or so. Taking my GF's Focus might have been a mistake. ;)