Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
So many tvs wall mounted at 4-6 feet off the ground.. i feel sorry for your guests :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

jonathan posted:

You should move your left/right fronts so they're level with the center channel. The tweeters on the front channels should always be on the same plane. This will allow way better imaging and pans.

Not really when the center channel is that high. I would just put the center channel below the tv and call it a day

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

jonathan posted:

Tell us everything you like/dislike about the UMC-1. I want one.

Its only good for 2 channel. The anthem MRX-300 is very similar all around for $1000, but it is a receiver not a pre-amp. The biggest issue with the UMC-1 is no surround sound EQ, while the mrx-300 comes with ARC which is quite powerful for consumer stuff.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
im tempted to post my setup as i havent posted it in a while and its gotten even more loving ridiculous. His setup is far from overkill.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
Hes likely not bi-amped only bi-wired

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
Well seeing as bi-wiring is purely aesthetic leaving the bridges on or off doesnt change the performance of the speaker at all.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
Someone please buy my speakers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
That looks like a cool setup but i would have gone the full 9 yards. It looks like you only have one teeny window which means you can use a projector pretty much all day. Then paint the walls dark gray :)

Having seen the 70" sharp in person i think even my $1000 epson 8100 produces a much punchier picture, and thats with my bright white walls