Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crispy_Rapcakes
Apr 10, 2007

by Peatpot
hey boys and girls, i've been reading this topic and there's some nice setups in here... i stumbled into a projector setup when a friend of mine was upgrading to a z5 from a z2, basically i got the thing at a steal of a price and am well happy with it considering how little it cost.

the setup has evolved slowly over time and is currently where i'm happy with it. to be honest i don't use it all that much as i like to keep it 'special' if you know what i mean, when i use it, it's a treat.

it's a sanyo z2 so nothing amazing, but is certainly a jaw dropper when people come over to play some games or watch a film. it's being projected onto a grandview screen which is 92" diagonal and is fed pictures from a gamecube, 360 and a philips dvd player which'll read anything you throw at it.

eventually i'll upgrade to something nicer, i'll probably do it the next time the bulb explodes so i've got about a year or so of viewing (assuming this one lasts as long as the last one did) before i'll shell out.

also if you're interested the sound setup is a set of mordaunt short genies with sub hooked up to a cambridge audio 6.1 receiver. the tdl floorstanders serve 2 purposes, they get my front speakers at a nice height and they work off the cambridge audio stereo amp sat in the unit beneath for whan i want to listen to music properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crispy_Rapcakes
Apr 10, 2007

by Peatpot

echobucket posted:

Wow, is that an electric screen mounted upside down?

Ha, no it's a pulldown screen with a busted mechanism mounted upside down... the guy I bought the projector off had it going spare and seeing as I didn't (and still don't) have a wall to project onto nor enough cash to buy a proper screen, this did the trick lovely.

It's a little bit knackered and you can plainly see ripples on it but whatever, it'll do for now... I've just had to lay out $500 on vet bills so i won't be buying a screen this month :(