Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Amaritudo posted:

1080i and 1080p are the same resolution just different display methods. Slow-moving and still objects appear identical between the two. It's fast-motion where 1080i can possibly suffer. The truth is you need a big screen to be able to tell the difference between the two and on his 30" screen, 1080p would just be a waste of money.

edit: widescreen CRT crew representin

in before "1080i is 1920x540" post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Just set it up today, replaced a 47" panasonic 47x54 rpcrt

LG 47" lcd
xbox360
comcast dvr
Yamaha YSP-800 soundbar

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

TheBuilder posted:

We're still in the process of moving in, but we've got most of our AV junk in and in place. This is my first audio system, and some of the parts I hope to upgrade.

42" Phillips LCD
Onkyo TX-SR505 7 x 75W 7.1-Channel
3 x Speco SP-825 8" In-wall Speakers
2 x Canton Plus x.2 Speakers
Proficient S12 Powered Sub
Crap-rear end DVD VCR Combo

View from behind couch:

One of the small Cantons in corner:

lovely equipment stand:

I got raped on the cables and install, and next time, I'll pick out the components a bit better, but its been very enjoyable for the little we've been able to use it as we move in.

does it not get uncomfortable watching the tv when its so freaken high.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Juriko posted:

You have some nice equipment but for the love of god get an interior designer.

haha yea, he should also push those bookshelves out, it looks relaly wierd having the tv in front of them.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

circuitcity also has the 880 for $150 right now, but only till the end of the day probably.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

The Jizzer posted:

I got mine from Best Buy -- I'll post pictures of the whole setup later. It's dark glass with dark cherry wood on the sides. Open back and hollow rear support beam for cable routing. Cost just about $200 IIRC. Looks drat good too.

If you're in the LA area, I'm actually planning on selling it so I can get one that matches the rest of our furniture from Crate and Barrel.

(To my surprise, Crate and Barrel has excellent, high quality, minimal-assembly furniture for excellent prices.)

I think i have the same one as you, it was $252 but you can use any number of 10 and 12% bestbuy coupons floating around the internet.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

The Dave posted:

I have to say, am I the only one who thinks that in a scenario like this wall mounting just looks worse? You have a stand right there underneath it, you might as well make the TV eye level and get rid of that bad looking huge chord that hangs down the wall.

I have the same stand and its pretty tall all on its own. That tv must be pretty drat high up.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

RE: fireplace mounting.

I go into some houses and their tv's are literally mounted something like 8ft off the ground. You have to look up while standing just to see it, i cant imagine sitting at their couch 10ft from it.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

New setup in new house

LG 47" tv, ysp800 wall mounted. cheap sony subwoofer in utility room that is behind couch. Ikea besta setup using the zebrawood doors and the glass doors which i used frosting film on.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Dont get something with open cabinets. Components are ugly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Everyone seems to rave about the BenQ ones.