Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Click to big it.

This is the beginnings of my new system

We have:

Sharp Aquos 46"XD1E LCD
Sony STR DG500 6.1 reciever (arriving tomorrow)
Tannoy EFX 5.1 speakers
PS3
Old Xbox1 for media centre
Dirty couches
crap antennae

The stand was one of the hardest things to find. I want my PS3 upright, but there are very few stands that allow this without being >3' tall, and even fewer that come in black glass.

Same story with the amp, I would have this all up and running if I had taken a silver one, but no dice. Everything aside from the xbox is gloss black, including the speakers. It looks awesome when it's not dusty.

I'm not sure how best to tidy the cables here, but I'll deal with that once I get the amp wired in. Hopefully something will come to mind by then.

Next on the list are:

A rear centre for the 6.1
X360 elite
HUGE beanbag to drop in the middle of the floor.
The worlds greatest dust vacuum. seriously, that poo poo ain't funny.
Maybe an all in one remote, but I dunno. The PS3 one is bluetooth, so I doubt it's catered for.

Also, why aren't more remotes bluetooth? changing tracks from the kitchen/toilet is the way forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU