Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Battlegoat
Jul 24, 2003

Nap Ghost

Sultry Fungus posted:

What type of speakers are those, I assume they are home made?
I believe they are AV123 LS6s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Battlegoat
Jul 24, 2003

Nap Ghost
Almost there...

Short term:
Add a sub (on the way)
Finish hiding the wires

Long term:
Re-mount the TV lower on the wall (ugh)
Get a separate amp if I can be convinced it'll make an audible difference

Edit: Equipment list-

Receiver: Pioneer SC-05
Left/Right: B&W 803S
Center: B&W HTM3S
Surrounds: B&W DS7
TV: Panasonic TH-58PZ800U

Battlegoat fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 20, 2009

Battlegoat
Jul 24, 2003

Nap Ghost

GOOCHY posted:

Very nice looking - what sub is on the way?
Thanks! The Epik Phoenix. One of them for now, and a second one later on if that isn't enough.

Battlegoat
Jul 24, 2003

Nap Ghost

Omegaslast posted:

Wow didnt even know epik made a sub like this... should be fuckin tight (literally since its a sealed 18" maelstrom x clone from the looks of it).

What receiver do you have?? im guessing elite with ice amps... still i feel bad seeing 804s without a separate amp :(

edit: apparently its not a sealed.. looks like epik has a shitload of new products when did this happen :psyduck:
It's the Pioneer Elite SC-05 with 130wpc Class-D. They're 803s, actually... I'm not ruling out the possibility of a separate amp. I'm just not sure where to begin with them, and it sounds pretty drat good without one.

Epik replaced basically their whole line in February. There's a rumor they're about to replace the Conquest too.

Battlegoat
Jul 24, 2003

Nap Ghost

samoth posted:

Battlegoat, your room is great, but ever think about putting crown molding along the top of the walls? That area looks out of place.
Maybe down the line. I've only had this house about two and a half weeks now. :)

Battlegoat
Jul 24, 2003

Nap Ghost
My sub arrived the other day...

It rocks. Anyone looking for a subwoofer should consider an Epik, assuming you don't have a strict size limit. :)

Battlegoat
Jul 24, 2003

Nap Ghost

Bink posted:

How much was shipping?
$86.91. Not too bad for getting something that weighs 120lbs halfway across the US. It was enough work for me just getting it down the basement steps!

Battlegoat
Jul 24, 2003

Nap Ghost

routenull0 posted:

Man I am dreading moving the Trinity when it comes.

http://www.definitivetech.com/Products/products.aspx?path=Subwoofers&productid=SuperCube%20Trinity

Weight | Metric :185 lbs | 83.9 kg

Thankfully no steps though.
Hell yes. I love big subs. :hfive:

slaphappynickname posted:

My ED A5-300 is 108lb and I think I managed to get free shipping when I bought it since it was a brand new line for them.
Yeah, that's one of the nice things about ED - I think they have free shipping on all their subs. They make some bad-rear end subs too. If I ever win the lottery, I'm picking up one of these.

Battlegoat fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Apr 30, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Battlegoat
Jul 24, 2003

Nap Ghost
Sweet setup, Acc-Risk. I stole the idea for that TV stand from you.