Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!
I think this forum is going to be my new favourite forum one day soon probably maybe.
Post your AV set-up here okay! Unless we already have a thread for this...

This was a while ago.

Plonked that on top.

Pow, where da movies at?

You should probably only game if you have a wireless keyboard and mouse. And take pictures with a decent camera.

http://www.clowneh.co.uk/pictures/pics/room/hitachi32ld7200.jpg
This one is linked because it's a bit big. That is my television.

Clown fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Nov 10, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!

Scrapez posted:

Definitely. The X1 (4800) has been great to me but it is definitely the weakest link in the chain at this point. I am waiting to pull the trigger on a true HD projector. That will definitely occur here in the next couple months.
What about this? http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/projector/products/ae1000/index.html. 100" from 5ft? I'll have that :)

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!

Chemmy posted:

I wish I had a house instead of a crummy apartment.
I wish I had a crummy apartment instead of a bedroom in my mums house :(

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!
Well compare my pictures from the first post to these. I decided to quit the PC poo poo because that was just expensive keeping up with the hardware to play the latest games.

Equipment:
TV - Hitachi 32LD7200 - I took the speakers off the side and detached it from the motorised stand.
Amp - Onkyo TX-SR605B - people seem to be raving about this in the other forum and it was only £350.
Speakers - Kef Q5 - stereo only for now.
Other - V+ Box (hdmi), XBox 360 (component), Sony Vaio VGN-FE11S (VGA, mini jack to phono)

I enjoy all of this from my bed, which I use as sort of a sofa.

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!

Clown posted:

Well compare my pictures from the first post to these. I decided to quit the PC poo poo because that was just expensive keeping up with the hardware to play the latest games.

Equipment:
TV - Hitachi 32LD7200 - I took the speakers off the side and detached it from the motorised stand.
Amp - Onkyo TX-SR605B - people seem to be raving about this in the other forum and it was only £350.
Speakers - Kef Q5 - stereo only for now.
Other - V+ Box (hdmi), XBox 360 (component), Sony Vaio VGN-FE11S (VGA, mini jack to phono)

I enjoy all of this from my bed, which I use as sort of a sofa.
Well, I finally got round to mounting my projector - pictures of the actual projector coming tomorrow.

Back in the day this was a top top projector. 6 colour daisy wheel and DLP wotsits. HD wasn't really an issue back then so I have to deal with a resolution of 1024x768. If plasma screens can do it, so can I!

My Optoma / Themescene H30

Actually had a problem installing my Vogel mount. The screws into the wall were too long and to top it off my drill bit was slightly distorted. It said 8mm but it was slightly flared at the tip so the hole was too big. Polyfilla was used between the wall plugs (you can probably see some on that cable behind the projector) but doesn't help the long screws. I know you guys are going to ask me why I just didn't drill further in but I seemed to hit a hard spot just behind the wall so I just left it like that. The next problem was that I mashed up the allen key hole to slide the arm up and down the mount. I don't know how to fix that.

So I have my projector mount hanging slightly off the wall and wobbly side to side which isn't ideal. You can see the projector is actually tilted slightly upwards. I'm not sure if its because the mount is tilted downwards or because it is upside down at about standing head height. Suits me fine though because... I HAVE A PROJECTOR RUNNING, WOO.

More pics...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!
drat I forgot I made this thread.
I've updated and shuffled the room about a bit. Got rid of my computer nerd poo poo and only have AV nerd poo poo.

http://clwn.co.uk/bedroom/