Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schmuckrat
Sep 9, 2004
Hazy with attendant thoughts
Here is my bedroom audio and home theatre setup. The 37" 1080p screen is also my primary monitor, hence the desk in front of it. I have a chair that gets wheeled out of the way for movies and music listening on the couch.

720p on the screen. Wish I could get some 1080p action! I need an Xbox HD-DVD drive for the PC I guess.

Computer optical out -> Zhaolu D2.5 DAC w/headphone amp upgrade -> Jungson JA-99C pre-amp -> Jungson JA-1 Class A power amp -> Australian-made Osborn Interludes. I also have a pair of ATH-AD900 headphones sitting on top there.

Onkyo TX-SR501 for 5.1. At the moment that centre channel isn't doing anything because my fronts are far better quality. Rears are also generic tower speakers, but they do the job fine. Subwoofer (upon which the screen sits - hence the foam padding; at high volumes it still causes the screen to pulse) is an Australian-made Aslan Acoustics Pro-12.

These speakers are finished so nicely; real timber shells. They sound good too :) I am envious of you Americans with your huge high-definition screens at realistic prices though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schmuckrat
Sep 9, 2004

TehKrond posted:

Where did you get those pillows

Hah, I thought that would come up. My sister made them for me for my birthday. How awesome is that?

Schmuckrat
Sep 9, 2004

Legdiian posted:

Am I missing something here? Where is the other amp hidden?

The TX-SR606 supports bi-amping the two front channels by using the zone 2 outputs.