Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

j4cbo
Nov 1, 2004
huh?
:siren: Warning: Audiophile detected! :siren:

Slim Devices Transporter
Dynahi
Grado SR-80
Logitech Harmony 880 (not used much at the moment)

I'm going to get a DIY Enclosures 1712HS case for the Dynahi, along with Cardas RCA connectors and a locking Neutrik headphone jack (both gold-plated), but my budget needs to recover first. :(

Still looking for a next headphone purchase, most likely the Sennheiser HD650.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

j4cbo
Nov 1, 2004
huh?

Omegaslast posted:

Holy gently caress a $2000 slim devices transport with some SR80s!?!? Get some HF1000s or something :psyduck:

I know, I know :(

I got rather a discount on the Transporter (long story), and have been building the rest of my system up to it. Love what I've heard of it so far, though.

edit: you mean the GS1000 or HF1?

j4cbo fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Mar 20, 2007

j4cbo
Nov 1, 2004
huh?
Man, I wish I'd got in on the Grado HF-1 buy... :(

j4cbo
Nov 1, 2004
huh?
I should really finish casing up the Dynahi at some point.

- Slim Devices Transporter
- Dynahi (DIY, incomplete)
- Sennheiser HD650

In picture, not currently part of the audio system:
- Slim Devices SLIMP3
- Logitech Harmony 880
- RCA VoltOhmyst Junior (circa 1940, still works fine)
- Ugly vase (it's not quite so bad in person as in the photo)
- Other bits of experimental electronics

j4cbo
Nov 1, 2004
huh?
It's broke-rear end-college-student-tastic!

Front of room: Logitech Squeezebox Boom, Velodyne VX-10 subwoofer, huge-rear end piece of whiteboard propped up on chairs, Line 6 Flextone II (for my roommate's guitar).

Back of room: BenQ W500, Xbox 360, Wii, Logitech Squeezebox Controller.

The audio from the consoles runs through the basement up to the front of the room. We've also got extra audio and video inputs by the projector to hook up laptops, a FireWire camera for video feedback, and a long DVI-to-HDMI cable and another audio cable going upstairs for HD movies from a desktop machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

j4cbo
Nov 1, 2004
huh?

fahrvergnugen posted:

This just makes me feel old.

It's a famous ad for Memorex brand cassette tapes.

http://www.totalmedia.com/images/maninchair.jpg

Maxell, not Memorex.