Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viivac
Jan 5, 2005

I need a cheaper hobby
This is my current set-up, audio only. Some components missing, as I own all kinds of stuff.

I live in an apartment so where my speakers are is also where my computer is. It's a lovely deal but that's how it is for now. Anyway, the specs:

Speakers: Patos Lyric 402mk2. They ain't cheap, but really worth it.

Electronics:

- Cd player: Marantz CD63mk2-Signature. I just haven't had the heart to get rid of it. It's just a fantastic player with a great DAC to boot.
- DAC: Oritek Zhaolu 2.0 with custom discrete output stage. It's somewhat brighter than the DAC in the Marantz but has a whole lot more detail. Maybe not as warm, I like different things to different moods.
- Pre-amp: Denon avr-2106 (below desk) and Singlepower MPX3-SLAM (tube pre, I power my headphones with this baby).
- Power amp: Meridian 556. A little on the weak side with it's 2x100w output, but it's very neutral and clear sounding, giving me the option of messing around in other parts of my audio chain. An upgrade to 557.2 is on the wish list.
- Screen: Dell 2407
- Headphones: Grado HF-1, Sennheiser HD650, various others not in the picture.

Closeup of the pre/power combo:

Viivac fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Mar 22, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU